Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

real talk how do I get into this series as PC player only, not afraid to get my hands dirty with :filez:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

I humbly recommend Strange journey Redux as the best intro to the Shin Megami Tenei series.

gently caress it, lets go

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

people in this game are so weird

they trust/accept/use this bizarre demon summoning program forced into their suits waaaay too fast

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dunno what I expected with this extra DLC, but it seems its just cheat items?

thought the DLC would be extra modules/arenas whatever, I shouldn't use this poo poo on a first playthrough right?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

my GOD surprise attacks are merciless in this game, two jack frosts casting Mabufu and a some devil lady Charming the MC so cant even heal him :discourse:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:allears:

the demon dialogue in this game is the highlight for sure so far

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

still scratching my head at this demon fusion system, specially with limited Demon Sources and the end result of the possible fusion that you can preview seems really loving random to me.

It was cool doing the special fusion of Morax some time after defeating him, he's pretty powerful and useful so far.

but overall it makes me really loving tempted to look up some outside source, even though I prefer to keep it a blind run

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

a hot tip is that you should just go ahead and use your demon sources because you're not gonna get twenty hours in and be like "oh drat i shouldn't have used that pixie's d-source back in sector A"

but I DID feel that way when I used the Jack Frost source on some demon that looked like a good spellcaster (so I could have someone with Mabufu)

if I saved that up for Morax I could have covered his weakness to Ice...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I got to Carina and progressing the plot, so I have to ask when can I change the alignment of my character?

So far it only makes sense to use a neutral party so I can mop up fights easy the instant I notice the weakness of the enemy, and abuse co-op attacks...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also goddamn this game was made so much better with Enemy Lullaby while re-exploring old sectors

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This Womb of Grief sector wasnt in the original game right? Im trying to keep up the progress with it as I go with the A->B->C sectors, dunno if its loving the curve of experience tho because the enemies I fight in the other sectors are way easier than the ones in WoG

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why yes I did manage to turn my alignment into Law so I can use Anahita in my party Anthony

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

well quite possibly, now that I know it exists. Have so much poo poo to do and explore tho...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pshhh nothing personnel kid...

gently caress you bitch stop one shotting me goddamn :negative: I have a feeling im not supposed to defeat her yet in this third floor

at least the track that plays during her combat is pretty good, anyone has it?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nrook posted:

Strange Journey really has such a bizarre tone. The main plot is pretty much unrelentingly grim and serious. But there are all of these weird-rear end sidequests with like, the guy who wants you to hook him up with demons who are hot chicks, or the foot demon in the Red Sprite toilet.

what a coincidence, literally just accepted this dude's second quest

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

my god I got loving pummeled by Ouroboros what the gently caress was that, think I used waaaay to many precious items to fight her and im gonna regret it way later

e: have to fight it again :negative:

guess its time to take a good look at my demon team and learn how buffs work

frajaq fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 8, 2020

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

But at least in SJ a big trick with her was she would use Silent Prayer I think it was if you tried to raise your stats above three levels. So say you have Tarukaja or hopefully you have Luster Candy by now,

dunno what Luster Candy is but have seen Tarukaja in a lot of demons so far (if that even affects the Co-Op Attack strength)

I think I see a 100% required demon for this boss as Law, has both resistances to electric and expel spells, which Ouroboros sure likes to spam a lot

just have to grind out one more level and give it a go again

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

beat her, used some items that didnt want to use, just rushed her down with Co-Op attacks. whatever

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat, after I defeated Ishtar in WoG I was supposed to be able to summon her as a special fusion but it didnt appear on my menu... must have bugged it out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the mission may be a bit out of control :stare:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this game is getting so hosed up and weird

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

These Ex Missions that make you go back to old sectors and find some specific demon to talk in random rear end encounters are such a pain in the rear end, not fun at all

tempted to just stick to keep progressing current sector/WoG

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wild Hunt :stonk:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also did I gently caress up anything regarding endings in SJ Redux? I finished Sector Grus and watched all the cutscenes, and then Horologium unlocked, and apperently I have to get down and talk to Gore to Decide Something

But I didnt even finish the fifth or sixth floors of Womb of Grief yet, and apperently finishing that side content/dealing with Alex changes the main endings?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus, glad I asked lmao, that was a close one

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

got filtered out by Zeus in WoG, ehhhh just too much damage output and dont have enough party-wide healing items (and im probably underleveled), but dont really feel like grinding things out, doesn't sound fun

gonna look up the endings on youtube and try out SMT IV Apocalypse next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hatty posted:

New Vengeance trailer. It looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZaGO8Os_fw

This legit looks so good

Why does it have to release so close to Trails Through Daybreak :negative: