Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah. While I liked that their paths were at least slightly more interesting than "Listen to god/Demons are really cool", I still had zero incentive to ever go along with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, if you can manage to stun the enemy and use fundraise, you get the maximum amount of cash from them. It never really gave me much though, so I'm not sure how useful it really is.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

What even happens in that link? I wonder if anyone actually likes the Gourmet King. I thought everyone could all get together and hate Ken, but apparently he has a few fans, so maybe the Gourmet King is the same...

laplace posted:

It was all worth it for Aigis dancing.

I hate Aigis and even I think it was worth it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's pretty easy to be best girl when your competition is Yukiko, Rise and Naoto.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Look, Daisuke and Kou were very happy together, I don't want to ruin what they have going.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The sexuality of fictional anime teenagers is extremely important to me.

When the game waves it in your face, I can't really say I blame people for trying to look into it a little more.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I haven't seen a bit of Jojo Part 4 crossover art, and that makes me sad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Look, they're not going to have a canon name for the P5 protagonist. There's a system in place for how this works:

1. Release the game.
2. Release a manga adaptation of the game where they give the protagonist a name.
3. Release an anime adaptation of the game that uses a completely different name for the protagonist in order to piss off the fans who've been using the manga adaptation's name as the canon name.

It happened to Souji Seta Yu Narukami, it happened to Minato Arisato Makoto Yuuki, and it's going to happen to the new guy.

For whatever reason, I found myself disliking the manga names even though I only read a bit of the P3 manga and none of P4's.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So the P3 world is based on Scientology, it seems.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Yukiko is one of the best healers I've ever seen in an RPG, she will always be rad.

When I used her in my playthrough, it seemed like she could really only barely keep up with her healing until she just used full heals. The party members in that game felt underpowered in general, compared to P3.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The music is good, but the dungeons are equally as bland and poo poo as P3s

They're worse because you can just skip P3's "dungeon" and go straight to the minibosses at your leisure. P4 actually expects you to walk through them all with enemies that are impossible to dodge.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I think the last time this came up, it was mentioned that enemies are faster if you're lower leveled. The entire game they were way faster than me and since the corridors are narrower, I couldn't get away from them in P4. Hitting them from behind also did nothing 90% of the time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If only Persona 4 was willing to have the characters change in any meaningful way the whole theme the game was built upon wouldn't be shallow and pointless.

From what I remember a lot of the S links just had characters conforming back to whatever they tried to run from anyway.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

littleorv posted:

Kanji is totally cool with who he is but is absolutely not a homosexual.

Yeah see, that guy he liked was actually a girl the whole time.

That makes it not gay.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Daichi's voice actor rocks the role absurdly hard.

Considering Daichi was one of my favorite characters (you just can't deny the truck), I think this tipped me towards buying the game.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

What I like about Yamato is that he's consistent in his ideals. Irony of his situation of being JP's leader by familial ties aside, he really doesn't care who's the leader of the world as long as they've proved that they're the best and have earned it. He's even willing to concede his ideal world on Saturday if you beat him, even on Ronaldo's route. He even saves the party from certain death in that route! Contrast that with Ronaldo, who comes up with his endgame moments after hearing Yamato's and you can just see all of the :effort: he put into it because it's just Yamato's plan with the word Meritocracy crossed out and replaced with Egalitarian Society; he's also never willing to concede to Yamato, so his final moments in that route are him pulling a gun on his sworn enemy in a poorly planned sucker punch kinda thing.

When you get down to it, Yamato's ideal world is one where you earn your power; one where pathetic people aren't put into a position of power because they have connections. Ultimately, it's flawed and kind of poo poo when it comes down to the people who can't fend for themselves and the ending shows the world being a hellhole after Polaris rewrites everything, but I can see where Yamato's coming from and at the very least, humanity wouldn't stagnate itself if everyone's striving to one up each other to get ahead, unlike the egalitarian world Ronaldo wants where supplies are spread too far and too thin and no one really needs to put in any effort into anything because your rewards for giving something your all are exactly the same as if you just put in :effort:.

On the other hand, he comes off as a 17 year old libertarian that complains the poors are taking up all the resources and the free market would just be so much better guys and goes on giant rants during dinner. Yamato and Ronaldo were like the least charismatic characters ever.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

...which is fitting, because he literally a 17 year old.

Yeah, I know. It gives me no reason at all to ever side with him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Radish posted:

DS2 is just DS1 but with some re-balancing, better characters depending on who you ask, and instead of being trapped in a Tokyo lockdown you are playing through someone's fanfic they wrote after watching Evangelion.

Both are good.

Halfway through DS2 decides it wants to be P4 though, so it gets a lot more obnoxious and out of place for the setting. By the end it seems like they've forgotten it's a literal hell on earth.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I wanted to focus on bonding with different people in this run, but Joe is making it really hard to ignore him. He and Daichi have pretty good voice acting.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I dunno, that seemed fairly obvious. I didn't bother cause I doubt it makes that big of a difference, but it's nice to have the option.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Fumi is far from the worst character, she's actually really great. That's Keita.

Fumi comes off as a terrible person, but once you bond with her you see that she is a terrible person. I can appreciate an honest woman.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I still think the majority of the bosses in DeSu2 sucked though.

They did. It wasn't even so much that they were hard, they just had really anoying gimmicks that are exaggerated even more in that kind of gameplay style. The boss moving to the other side of the map means you have to spent like ten minutes just to get one-shot when you enter its range again, for instance.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

How many days does the second arc of Record Breaker have? I've beaten Spica and it just seems odd if they really end it after the third day.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Pimp Drakula posted:

Yeah Rise is a huge improvement on Teddie, and goodness knows Fuuka never got off her rear end to throw me a free party buff or prevent a wipe.

On the other hand she had a scan that was actually useful.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I'm on day 4 of Record Breaker and I have everyone at FATE level 4. Do I still have time to get everyone to 5 by the end of the game? Unlike my playthrough of the first story a while ago, I actually tried to level everyone up, even if I hated them (the only reason anyone will ever talk to Keita, I imaigne)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Yamato does not have big anime titties, sir.

Oh wait can't say that now that Miyako exists, huh?

for a guy that likes titties, I don't think he's ever actually seen a real pair of them

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I have no loving idea what her arms are doing. I'm leaning into my screen and squinting.

And that's actually one of the better pairs of tits I've seen outta DeSu.

I think she's got them bent upwards for the world's most awkward way to be surprised.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Well with Pharos and Ryoji it makes sense, since it is literally the same person. Yu and Adachi aren't very much alike other than being outsiders and having Izanagi, so I don't think it fits very well.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

You're going to have to explain that one. Like, I know the game tried to push that, but like a lot of things in that game, it didn't work out well at all. You could argue Yosuke had more of a chance of becoming Adachi.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Wish they had kept the theme of "Adachi is actually a terrible person and should stay locked up" instead.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

At this point I've kind of forgotten why I hate Aigis, but I still do. Maybe I should replay P3 one of these days and remember.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I liked her cause she liked to tinker with electronics

edit: They really should've pushed that more cause from the sound of it in the earlier Social Links, she thought using electronics at all was weird for a girl which came off as really weird.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

What, don't you love the guy creeping on his teacher, or the Gourmet King trying to get you to join a cult, or the loving nobody from the photography club or whatever?

On the other hand you get Ken and the new Fortune link (who's name escapes me at the moment).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

FeMC's Fortune link is Ryoji.

Right, Ryoji. His link sucked and didn't even make sense thematically (you already linked with him, he just didn't remember it).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Teaching Mitsuru how to eat a burger was the highlight of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MotU posted:

did people really think the character page for P5 would just be an off-centered image.

really

It's PTSD from all the P4 spinoffs.