Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

TurnipFritter posted:

They just scrap Dancing All Night and make Theatrhythm Persona.

They'd have to acknowledge Persona 1 and 2 and so it will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

the first girl is never best girl in Atlus things

Maya and Ulala (depending on how you define 'first girl') both beg to differ.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Who is better, Ulala or Yukino

Katsuya is without question the best boy

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Besides 2.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Radish posted:

Persona ending happiness ranking from highest to lowest:

Persona 4
[big gap here]
Persona 1
Persona 3
Persona 2

I guess that depends on how you view the ending of 2 did the entire world other than Sumaru City still get destroyed in Eternal Punishment and did the Other Side finally get reset correctly and not leaving a bunch of people just stranded in poo poo universe hovering over a destroyed planet? Persona 4 really goes against the grain since the original ending was pretty happy you just are moving away from your buddies who are all doing ok but then all the new spin offs basically say gently caress that and you just come back like a week later for more wacky adventures so who cares.

The reset world of IS is the EP world, which is why Nyarlathotep's plan is to make all the IS kids remember, as that will completely break their deal with Philemon and reunite the worlds. So yeah, I think IS Tatsuya goes back to a city infested with demons and hovering over the dead world. Have fun! On the other hand, EP ends fairly happily, with the world never getting completely destroyed, Sumaru back on the ground and everyone getting on with their lives.

You know, if you ignore how Maya can't have any contact with the Suou brothers ever again and IS Tatsuya just got completely hosed over.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I definitely got the feeling from the end of P2:EP that they were two distinct worlds, in that the first Tatsuya "went back" at the end effectively surrending the body back to EP's Tatsuya. So yeah, two worlds, two Mayas, etc.

P2's plot is so loving good, I really do think it's the best thing Atlus has penned and it's a big reason why I'm more than willing to look past the more outdated gameplay. Like people say Persona 3 is dark but it's a walk in the loving park compared to P2.

That's how I understood it as well. It's not fair, but when you're dealing with the manifestations of everyone's unconsciousness 'fair' kind of goes out the window.

Gods are dicks, man.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

Considering how P4 is quite literally a franchise unto itself at this point and how, again, P4 did the whole "bring the previous game's characters back in a cameo role" thing first,

uh

Persona 2 came out in 1999, dude.

It's a good game, you should play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

I tried P1 and hated it, so I've never been inclined to pick up either part of P2.

Good news, Persona 2 isn't that much like Persona 1 in terms of gameplay. Go play it.