Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

McDragon posted:

One time when I fought him, he turned into the cube, then into some sort of spiky thing. Only once, so I don't know if it's some specific path thing or just if you get him to low health rather than knocking him down outright.

It's a health trigger on all routes, at 50% HP he changes into the spike form, and then after a few turns turns back into the cube to attempt to heal with his Life Lift passive in that form, then back into the spike form and repeats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
It's a point based system, simply hanging out with them is always the most points, but conversations during the story scenes gets you boosts too that can add up fairly quickly, for example if you were picking every "correct" answer, Daichi levels to 3 after the day 2 boss aftermath cutscene ends.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Heavy neutrino posted:

Pierce+ and Endure+ are both found sometime within Anguished One's path, but I can't remember exactly where.

They're in the same battle against Ronaldo and Joe, Ronaldo has Endure+, Joe has Pierce+, and Yamato has Magic Yin in the battle after that.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If your referring to reusing the maps from the first game, that pretty much stops on day 2, I think there are like only 2 maps that get reused from the first game post day 2.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Junpei suffers from "Sucks early, is good late game" syndrome. If you can bear to keep him around, he eventually becomes a killing machine.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
That was the last time right there, the fight will end once both die no matter what else is still alive so just rush down the final set.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Technique posted:

Benetnasch. Why. Why would this be... how. Why? :sigh:

If this is just a reaction to the first fight, then ignore the rest of this.

Yeah at first he seems like the most dickish boss Atlus could throw at you, however the thing is from what I can tell he never summons more minions after the first wave so once you kill the 6 mini-Dubhes, you're free to patch up and take your time. If you really want, get a Vile and Dragon together - Chaos Breath and Evil Flow stack, granting you 8 range to his 7.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Just remember to have the matching ailment boost or your accuracy with status spells is crap (Just look at Mitsuru's success rate with Marin Karin.)

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If I remember right some events are bugged in the English version and don't rankup when they did in the Japanese version, the game will correct itself at the next "check everyone's rank" trigger.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Naoto was nice for random encounters but fell short on bosses due to ya know, bosses being immune to instant death. Golden will be changing this up though, the party members are also learning new spells from social linking and Naoto is learning Agidyne (only confirmed spell so far), giving an option for bosses.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I think Ai having more concept art floating around is a combination of her being Soejima's favorite and also basically being a Rise design that got tossed and turned into her. Now her social link might have been one of the first ones finished, since it is the one most like a P3 link with multiple break options and they just never redid it, since there is data for a couple of other characters having broken links too such as both sun girls, Chie, and Yukiko.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Looks like it's straight up Devil Survivor's system now. Which is perfectly fine by me.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some more P4 costumes, Velvet Room uniforms for everyone - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5thr51Qfw1r3gyt0o1_1280.jpg

The best part? Teddie is out of his drat bear suit for this one, hopefully he doesn't squeak as this means I can finally bear having him in my party.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some more P4G stuff, early game spoilers. Shadow Yukiko and Kanji have been rebalanced. Here's Yukiko - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOI-EMa9Vrc, she appears to have double the HP but the prince no longer heals her. Prince also has alot less HP but is no longer weak to ice, Yukiko is now weak to ice instead and will White Wall herself. Kanji - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hevFwWrNdU0, Nice Guy is weak to ice and Tough Guy is weak to fire. Nice Guy seems to go for elemental walling first before attack up buffing. Tough Guy's HP is much higher. Kanji starts the battle with his ailment attacks instead of using them sub 50% and can toss out Mazio at random to nail Yosuke in addition to his sub 50% Spark attack.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Actually I think costumes are a separate equip slot from what I've heard, so feel free to play dress-up all you like without fear of getting stomped.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

NinjaDebugger posted:

Also, as far as I can tell, there is an upper limit to the number of people you can let die. I tried to do a run with as many deaths as possible, and after the first few, it stopped letting me let people die at all. It actually forced me to go give the pep-talk to whatsherface so she wouldn't die.

The limit is 3 maximum, with 1 person per day 7 faction, so for example Jungo and Io cannot both die, likewise Keita and Makato make a pair, and Joe and Otome make the third.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Use something with flight/phantasim and stick it on your MC, give him drain Elec and Ice so Belberith heals him and just jump past the cultists to his platform and Force Dance him to death. Have the rest of the team go blitz any skill cracks you want then don't worry about them.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

vanov posted:

Did they fix Naoto to not suck at bosses this time?

Naoto can learn all 4 elemental dynes now, but still lacks any Amp skills, but Mind Charge+Dyne is only 27 SP instead of Charge+Megidoloan for 90 SP so yeah, Naoto is a bit better at bosses.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Nope, still squeaks.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Not true for the Daichi recruit everyone path. Daichi, Jungo, and Hinako are automatic on that path and can just sit at rank 1 without issue. You still need to rank up Io for the other reason even though she's also a starting member of that team.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Like seriously, an Arena anime I would have accepted happily.
But Golden anime that's going to clearly focus on Marie? Dammit Atlus, I want some emancipation from your ride.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So not sure if this is a hoax or not yet, but the guy who has been ripping all of the pictures and music for Ultimax found something in the game files: Sho is called P5 HERO in the game files, not Sho. So yeah... Sho is our P5 MC.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

hubris.height posted:

Now that I'm on the clock tower I'm trying to figure out how the group date cafe fits into the story for Rei

I remember there being some weak justification for it, but let's face it the real reason for the group date cafe was for fanservice shipping.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Junpei Hyde posted:

MC is around level 53. Should I grind or is there a strategy I'm missing?

That level is a bit on the low side, actually that's the level I usually clear the previous dungeon at. Level 60ish is what I'd recommend,

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So, here's a new P5 tease -

https://twitter.com/yushi46/status/563094951928807425/photo/1

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Overbite posted:

Sho and the Harry Potter dude are the same guy

I still don't know if this would be the dumbest thing or the greatest thing. And there was that whole thing where the Ultimax files referred to Sho as "P5 HERO" internally.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

littleorv posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo that is one evil looking cop lol

The reused NPC assets from the first game stand out so much, the cops being the worst.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Let as many people as possible die during Ronaldo's route, just to make it dumber. This does mean letting Keita live though so Makoto can die, because that's required for maximum stupidity from Ronaldo.

gently caress Ronaldo.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Record Breaker ending spoilers Oh my god he has a surfboard with his color scheme :allears:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Golden Goat posted:

I didn't even notice he slashes a Z in the air :3:

E: and the belt.

Can't wait for Persona 5 arena so i can main Morganna and Zorro.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

dmboogie posted:

Christ, the final battle of Gin's route in Devil Survivor is some bullshit.

Every single healing or revival spell I had was on a demon.

The boss himself on that route is much much weaker then on other routes to compensate for that, as long as your MC gets up to him you can very easily one round him with almost anything.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The cop will voice the Protag.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Huh, guess there's just a poorly coded "skip to next calendar day" trigger on Tanaka's first event there that didn't have proper checks.

Edit: Or I could read the Youtube description and remember your not supposed to be able to do anything other then the endgame on that day, but they forgot to stop you from starting the social link.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 18, 2018

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah that's throwing me off. They never did that in other P4 dubbed material. This is clearly a translator who isn't referencing previous works.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Cross Tag's gag content looks promising off that image alone.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well this explains why Q2 has no dub, they spent the budget on getting Troy back for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Expect My Mom posted:

the DeSu2 anime was doing a lot of work to ship the MC x Yamato iirc. Like it's in the game to some degree but the anime was really into those two

The anime did it to such an extreme it just unceremoniously kills off like half the cast before the 5th day just so it doesn't have to waste time on characters not named Hibiki or Yamato.