Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just got SMT IV this weekend and it's been kicking my rear end. Any advice for Minotaur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alright. Any recommendations for what I should dump my stats into? I've mainly been prioritizing Strength.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, I'm almost scared to use most of my App points because there are so many options. I think I'm going to get the next skill slot upgrade for my demons, but I still haven't gotten most of the negotiation options other than Demolingual and the one that gives you Macca for recruiting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How specific are the requirements for Neutral?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's your problem with alliteration? :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pureauthor posted:

Of all Atlus series Persona is the one you have the least to worry about in terms of anyone making changes to it.

Yeah, it's their best performer in the States, which means it'll still get localized. The question is just whether or not Atlus USA gets dissolved in favor of Sega's existing localization teams.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Trinity Soul 2, anyone? Anyone? No?

Oh dear god, please no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona 5: Our Student Council President is a Giant Penis

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, considering that Persona 3 is near-plotless for a decent percent of the game, how are they going to pace that movie?

Also yeah, super bummed that the superior protagonist isn't anywhere to be seen. :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dehry posted:

At least she's included in the one menu in Persona 4 Golden

Wait, what? I've played a shitload of P4G and never seen this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Isn't that the rear end in a top hat from Trinity Soul?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It's the kid from Trinity Soul. That concert featured music from P3&4 and TS. Not too much of a fan of it myself, the version of Deep Breath, Deep Breath is bland as hell.

Not having played P3P, what's so cool about her? I keep hearing people say she's the better protag, but no one really elaborates.

She has much better Social Links, as opposing to the male protagonist's, which usually have you enabling a terrible person's weird personality defects. She also has a genuine, fun personality shown through her dialogue choices as opposed to the nothing her male counterpart offers.

Also she's best bros with Junpei so she's automatically the greatest. :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alteisen posted:

He got that as part of the main story though.

So did Teddie, but he still has his default.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PureRok posted:

Why can't they just use the original voice actor?

He's dead.

e: gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Then max Aeon before the end of December and get Jester up to rank 6 as early as you can.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I can, I'll try to stay up for some chat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I regret changing my avatar so recently now that I've seen this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No FeMC is the most disappointing part of the Q reveal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think changing the character designer for their most popular spinoff at the height of its popularity would be kind of dumb.

Kaneko is fine, but his styles don't really gel with the newer Personas for me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, the Marie thing is pretty dumb.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It would also really mess with the character dynamics because unlike in P3, P4's characters are pretty good friends.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like people who make the "Naoto is trans" argument tend to ignore the role that her age plays in her self-perception, and focus on the literal intentions of her Shadow while ignoring the larger, stated theme of her need to be taken seriously in a field that already has plenty of excuses to discount her.

I know people who assert it's completely unambiguous that she's trans, and that Kanji is also gay, but I feel like they're missing large parts of what makes those characters interesting by focusing entirely on their sexuality.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't like doing that because it feels like I'm making fun of Kanji, but I do it anyway because it freaks out Yosuke.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Same question, but about speccing in Overclocked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As someone who always hated the dumb robot girls thing, especially when it crossed into P4 by way of Arena (yeah, the games were already weird, but that specific kind of weird seemed out of place to me), Labrys' accent is great and really endeared me to the character.

Shu seems like the most awful, generic rear end in a top hat ever, though, and everything I'm hearing just reinforces that. Don't have high hopes for that character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In the Japanese version, she has a Kansai accent; the Brooklyn/Jersey/whatever accent is a pretty good Americanization of that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

Ugh, this Yosuke dude is so generic anime. Dual-wielding kunai? Headphones? Spiky hair? Lame.

I don't even like Yosuke, but that comparison is nuts.

I'm still never gonna get over Sho's Persona design being basically an "evil" Izanagi.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You might wanna tag that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wonder why they didn't went with Souji Seta then. I always though that the name changing was a royalties related thing.

It kinda bums me out because I always thought Souji Seta just sounded better, but it's probably just because they've already used that name in a full anime and a fighting game (with a sequel!), so it's a bit late to change it back.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Armor-Piercing posted:

Speaking of English VA troubles, I started and finished and restarted Persona 4 Golden recently, and Final Fantasy XIII has ruined Kanji for me. All I can hear is Snow, and that is enough for me to not have him in the party unless I'm playing on mute.

I'm pretty sure I played FFXIII before Catherine too though, so I'm not sure why I wasn't bothered by Vincent at all...

This is a loving travesty because Kanji is the best character in the game. :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd also like to know if that's the case, because I feel like I'm leaning towards Law but have no idea how far, and I'd really like to get Neutral. I was keeping track of it for a while but the values in the guide I was using were apparently inaccurate.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, I spotted a reference to Catherine in that trailer.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I stopped caring about the lack of animations really early into P3P, because the female route gets rid of so much of the stupid bullshit inherent to the male one I couldn't imagine going back,

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Once you get out of Naraku you will wipe substantially less.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently Strength is a bad choice. Dexterity is much better for physical skills.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

New Chie is better, the original sounded way too old. :colbert:

I won't argue Teddie, though in all fairness most of the time you can't tell the difference.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, New Chie gets much better after the intro.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rise mentions she can't scan during the class trip, though, which seems inconsistent.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's from the manga, I think. Its status as canon is rather debatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Butt Ghost posted:

Not really a spoiler but isn't Philemon the save butterfly now?

Yeah, he's in the original P3 intro (and I think P3P's as well) and is the save butterfly in P4.