Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I've finished the original Strange Journey twice. Does Redux offer something significant enough to go through it a third time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
The only time I played SMT4 I got to the point where you can destroy that weird monstrance thing and get an ending where everything ceases to exist. In spite of the game evidently trying to make it look like that was a terrible idea and a "bad ending" I thought it was actually the perfect way to put the game down permanently and play something better.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Oh, I liked SMT4. I just never felt the need to pick it up again after the white ending.

Looking back, I suppose I was done with the characters and setting at that point so having the opportunity to erase all, while fighting a "boss" that doesn't fight back felt like a great book ending.

SMT4 had great music and art, too.

wologar fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 28, 2020

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Law endings remind me of the Qun in Dragon Age. Everyone must conform and accept their place in society. Dissenters are offed or brainwashed.

That sounds awful because we all love feeling that our lives depend on our own decisions, but I think that lots of people would accept such a system if that means they get to truly forget their daily suffering.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Waaait a second. SMT4 Apocalypse has Navarre as a playable character!? I need to get this game.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I normally go neutral in SMT games, but in both Devil Survivors I went with a "Law" character. Amane in DS1 and Ronaldo in DS2. I thought Amane's route was great and Ronaldo's was alright. He didn't murder anyone in my playthrough, either.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Shin Megathread Tensei: Inheritance Law Ending

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Excellent. I wish Wicker Man got a redesign like this.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Are... are they not?

wologar fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 4, 2021

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhRSt_2f0SI

Somebody once made an argument it's most morally defensible to bring her back as your Goddess since she's the one person who didn't oppose you.

Which reminds me, on the topic of SMT vs. Persona in terms of progressive representation, Dagda specifically says "gender is inconsequential" and you can pick Hallelujah, Gaston, or Navarre as your goddess to make a new universe with.

Nobody ever brings this up. It at least counts as much as with Jun since Tatsuya/Lisa was so obviously canon.

Wait, you can make Navarre a goddess?? Why tf have I not played this yet.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Digital Devil Saga on Steam when.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
No Hairy Jack, even.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I do not comprehend how can there be zero news of a DDS remaster.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
SMT IV Minotaur is the best design in the series.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Also,

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

How does she put on the jean?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

KingSlime posted:

Stux is just ahead of his time/misunderstood like SMTV or Jesus of Nazareth

Hey wait, when are they going to let us fuse Jesus what the hell, we already got the Virgin Mary

They'll never bring back Agony.

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Agony

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

SpiderLink posted:

I like that in P3, you can take a poo poo and improve your condition.

Sadly your teammates have perpetual constipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි