Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

DeathBySpoon posted:

Does anyone have that image of every Persona character grouped by arcana? I saw it here a while ago and can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

ImpAtom posted:

loving seriously. Has there even been a demon in any other SMT game who lasts as long as that guy?

At his age, I'm surprised Daisoujou can even get it up.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
This is bullshit, where's my Pokemon/Persona/Phantasy Star/Phoenix Wright/other game that begins with P crossover ATLUS :mad: :supaburn:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

My theory is that there is a lot of overlap between video game players and people who like breasts.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Ibram Gaunt posted:

His actual style when it comes to coloring and stuff isn't bad but he literally just recycles the same ten or so characters and mix-matches hair/clothing/etc It's extremely boring and samey.

Perhaps the same could be said of all animes...

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Genpei Turtle posted:

Dante just doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game at all.

Is the Vortex World no place for one hell of a party?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

MarsDragon posted:

It's good to want things. It builds character.

...unless you're Buddhist, I guess.

Attachment to high-definition graphics and 3D demons kills the soul.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

DeathBySpoon posted:

Are the NES MT games available in English anywhere? I'd be curious to try them.

They remade MT1&2 for the SFC, you'd probably rather play those versions.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dehry posted:

10 minutes in and they already changed things. There are demons in the terminal and the phones summon demons in defence. They were not saved by a demon fom the train crash like in the game. Also, electronics worked and Daichi and the MC managed to contact their parents and everything is OK.

The whole narrative is changed. The players are the same, but it's not the same. At all.

Why won't Big Anime respect the author's original intent? Think of the fans they're alienating with this tripe!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
More like how does he cross his legs like that without crushing his balls.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I'm definitely going to become a sommereye.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Snix posted:

Okay, maybe fourth or fifth, if Kingdom Hearts counts, but SMTIV sold 80% of it's first shipment. It has a huge dedicated fanbase in Japan, and a niche, but decently-sized and dedicated fanbase in the US and UK. Nintendo currently has a good relationship with Atlus, and I don't think they're going to let the fall of Index take Atlus with them. Hell, P4G single single handedly boosted the sale of Vitas, so Sony might try to get a piece of the pie themselves.

Granted, a lot of this is wishful thinking, but I really don't think Atlus is going to have trouble finding a publisher when something inevitably happens to Index.

If they had shipped fewer, they could have sold 100% of the shipment! Never underestimate the mental gymnastics of a lesser JRPG fanatic.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Unlucky7 posted:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Mara in 3D!
What, really? The sprites are 3D?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Strange Quark posted:

Wasn't that already announced at E3 in 2011 or something?

Were you guys talking about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXTPHHolQc

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dehry posted:

Has anyone encountered random Japanese text in Persona 3 Portable? I was doing Yuko's 7>8 social link, said I like kids, gender doesn't matter and got a line of text that looked like it was supposed to have my name inserted into it.

There's also some problems in some of the Velvet Room text when fusing or after fusions. Blame the editor.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Akileese posted:

This is indeed the worst case scenario and something that is frightening the living poo poo out of any westerner who loves Atlus right now.

Hahaha.

I think you're all missing the silver lining: summoning Wreck-it Ralph in the next Persona.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dehry posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog themed alternate costume for Teddie.

Sega is absolutely enamored with product placement and crossovers, from SOAP Shoes in Sonic Adventure 2 to tank decals from Vanquish in Valkyria Chronicles 2. Look forward to FANTA outfits in Persona 5, Pizza Hut Partisans in SMT5, and Hatsune Miku in Devil Survivor 3 (although I'm sure some people here would unironically enjoy that...).

For now we'll just have to be satisfied with a Jack Frost mag in PSO2. :allears:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
C'mon, it's 2013. If you don't know at least two languages you're basically a caveman. Hell, even Alteisen is bilingual!

It only takes 1100~ hours to learn passable Japanese including conversational speech, reading, and writing up to Level 7. :anime:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dorroile posted:

Those headphones were comfortable as hell too, but as far as i can tell they don't make them anymore. So yeah, they should do that, so i can get a replacement pair.

They don't make that specific ATH-EM700 anymore, but they do have two other versions. One has wood paneling!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
It says "Prepare, Five!" :raise:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dehry posted:

Somebody was trying to be cute with the idea they learned the number 5 is pronounced "go" in Japanese. They just didn't anticipate the auto translator giving the Kanji(chinese letters) of the words instead of the Katakana, which is used for English words.

Cool I was wondering how to read japanese. So they don't have a japanese word for 'five'? poo poo must get confusing when they have more than four of something.

Whoever made this probably meant it to read 'prepare for five', but heh auto-translate. As if we needed any clearer evidence that it's fake.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Endorph posted:

Yukari's issues will be explained later, and Evokers work by triggering a visceral reaction in the user that triggers the persona. Even if you know it's fake, putting a fake gun to your head and pulling the trigger is gonna shock you a little.

Personas only work in the TV World/Dark Hour, and she wasn't messing around with it in the afternoon - she was messing around with it minutes before the dark hour.

They're real guns (modified Sturm Ruger Mk3, .22LR), just unloaded. Unless you're playing the English version, in which case they are just supposed to "look like guns".

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Endorph posted:

I haven't heard that rumor before but I don't think they were - for one thing the fan translation of the manga has them as fake too. Not to mention in Persona 4 Arena a reseacher mentions that fear and self-preservation are key to manifesting a persona - it's why Yu in P4 got Izanagi when he was about to be eaten by weird tongue dudes. The evoker is shaped like a gun to trick the user's brain into going 'holy poo poo im gonna die.' I'm not sure if it's just a placebo effect or there's any hard science to how it works, they don't go that in-depth on it.

I don't know nothin about no fan translated manga, but in both the Japanese language game and the design/concept files (from the various artbooks) they are real, unloaded guns.

(if you can't read it, it says "Base design comes from Sturm Ruger Mk3" just above the weapon)

Pulling the trigger represents the death of the ego so that the Persona can rise to the surface.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Endorph posted:

That doesn't mean they're real guns? They're saying the design is based on a Sturm Ruger Mk3, not that it *is* a Sturm Ruger Mk3.

Fair enough if you've played the original Japanese game, though.

Her stuff about her dad.

Sorry I don't have any english sources for you, the best I can do are some pages that reiterate what I've said - the problem is that the english language game refers to Evokers as "looking like guns" while the japanese version refers to the "summoning device" (shoukanki) as guns, but "don't worry, they're not loaded". They're never referred to as fakes or replicas, which is the the large departure that the english editor took for whatever reason.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Endorph posted:

Ahh, makes enough sense. It's a weird decision since the game's rated M and there was already a bit of controversy about the gun thing either way.

Since civilian gun ownership is absolutely illegal in Japan, schoolkids having them is supposed to be a serious thing; this is why the flashback cutscene in The Answer where Mitsuru invites Akihiko to join SEES makes less sense in English. She shows him the gun to show him that her operation is very real and that she is serious. In the english version, I think some players thought she was making the summoning device gun-shaped in order to get his attention. It's actually the other way around.

The shoukanki are modified by the Kirijo Corporation, but I can't find anything about whether or not the functionality is modified - just the looks (bull barrel, grips, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Gishin posted:

Which resparks the debate about who is the bigger badass. P3 MC or Yu?

So this is where those people came when the atlus forums shut down.