Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My Serph is at level 56 in DDS and almost exclusively magic. Had no trouble with the game so far but I'm at the last dungeon and gently caress this level when will it end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Armor-Piercing posted:

Somehow I actually made it through the second region completely on my own though, despite damage tiles, pit traps, and having to search for elevator switches.

Re-read this and laugh a hearty laugh after you get to Sector E

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Baalster posted:

EDIT: E killed my interest but I was still a big MegaTen fan when the game came out and felt obligated to complete it, then I got to H looked at the map online and the last boss and I immediately thought "NOPE." and just looked at the other endings.

At least the music was great in E, that made it tolerable.

I still haven't finished the last boss in SJ. I have a save file waiting there but I know that have to go back and grind for a couple hours to get some skills necessary to beat it. I don't really give a poo poo though, I watched the ending and I'm satisfied. It's counted as beaten on my backloggery :smug:

An SMT game with some Metal Gear Solid length cutscenes would be so refreshing. I love the settings and everything about the games but goddamn is it annoying to have to dungeon crawl 5 hours for 5 minutes of story progression. DDS is the loving worst with this.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

Really, from what I've come to understand, Matador isn't really a ridiculously impossible boss as he is the first major roadblock, so he winds up being really memorable.

I had way more trouble with Dante because for about 5 straight fights my taunt+focus+lunge would miss on the killing blow and he would come back with some dumb one-shot MC kill.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Ryoshi posted:

Jeez, how long is Strange Journey supposed to take? I'm over forty hours and I'm still in Sector Delphinus...of course, I'm grinding to get the sources to basically everything I fuse or recruit so that takes forever, but on the other hand if I DIDN'T do that I can't imagine getting to a high enough level to keep fusing cool demons. It's nice because basically every time I face a boss I walk all over their face, but in true SMT fashion the next area usually has me scrambling for a while.

Also, what's available in a Strange Journey NG+? I know it has multiple endings and I'd like to see them but again, I don't know if I can invest this much time more than once....

You are like halfway through the game. It took me about 70 hours to complete and I definitely didn't do everything.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

God drat, going from Nocturne to Persona 2 PSP is terrible. The interface makes it drat near unplayable after the polish and slickness of Nocturne. Good thing the story and music are pretty good so far.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

JimmyBiskit posted:

My wallet is in pain... Found Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Nocturne, Devil Survivor and Strange Journey at a gamestop today. So now I guess I don't need any new games for the next few months or so :shobon: Any suggestions as to which one to start on first?

I played DDS1 and Strange Journey before Nocturne and it seems like DDS1 and Strange Journey are just made to piss you off. The usual SMT dungeon gimmicks (invisible walls, teleporters, pits, switching hallway layouts, etc) were done so much better in Nocturne. Challenging but didn't make me want to murder myself like the other two games. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I played Nocturne first but it still felt more polished to me despite coming before the other games. Fusing in the field in Strange Journey loving owns though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Thorias posted:

Just started up Persona 2: Innocent Sin, anything I should know?

Breathing techniques to relieve stress during the load times

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Magikoopa189 posted:

Would you say it is worth it?

It's nice, not nearly as important as the hype behind it suggests

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Any way I can gimp myself with skill points in Soul Hackers? Do I need to min/max poo poo? I've been just kind of throwing things around at random but only at level 12 right now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

4 hours in and I just now realize you consume MAG with each step in a dungeon :doh:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

I think Sly demons just want to use magic and keep their hands clean. I think they also respond best to bribes. From what I remember:

Kind -> Healing and guarding
Wild -> Physical attacks
Sly -> Magic attacks and maybe bribes
Calm -> ???
Dumb -> Trust them (Choose Go when it's their turn)

I think Calm is supposed to be the trust with Go demon since they are supposed to choose the most optimal action. Dumb ones are just erratic, though I suppose Go works in that case as well.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I really wish there was an easy mode to Strange Journey. It's tone and writing are easily some of the best of the non-Persona SMT games. It's just that the game gets to bullshit levels of difficulty really really quickly.

I'd honestly just watch a youtube run of it or something. It's super creeptatcular. Just really brutal.

You could always save up cash and use some of the passwords all over the internet to get some super demons

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Eridanus also had great theme music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Junpei posted:

I kind of wish that SMT had a way to make a demon a tank with some sort of 'draw aggro' move

Prior to every dungeon I’d spend as long as necessary combining draw aggro with the appropriate null/reflect skills for that dungeon