Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Three minutes in, a blindfolded man does the skip I have never been able to pull off when I can actually see the goddamned controller.

What's next, Blindfold/OneHand/BJ%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Kikas posted:

Yo that run is insane, I had no idea that Freedom Planet required fighting games inputs :psyduck: And the game flows so nicely when you run it fast like that, it's great.

If you guys haven't, you should check out the Harry Potter run from that channel, it's really a techincal game with a lot of little skips everywhere so something is happening all the time and the guys running it do a good job of explaining it.
FLIPENDO

Don't suppose you've got a link handy? I've been scrolling through the video list for a bit but haven't run across it yet.

Edit: NVM, missed it. Here's a handy link for anyone else: Click!

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 3, 2016

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Clitch posted:

Yeah, you shouldn't run into any impossible seeds. There are different difficulty levels, and the tournament is running on Speedrunner difficulty which means you can be required to use tech like mockballs and short charges to break sequence. The casual setting should be beatable without sequence breaks.

It's easier to watch if you're familiar with Super Metroid speedrunning, so you know what they're capable of with the gear they have, irrespective of the game's intended sequence.

Here's game 3 of that match, and it's about as rough as the last one. They played these games in the same sitting, and you can see them getting tired after playing two nasty seeds in a row.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAE9DPUOtG4

This was neat.

Bet it was awful to run though.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Somebody recommend me a game from either the NES, SNES, or Genesis to learn how to run. My current experience level is I can do all the tricks in the Strider tutorial from AGDQ, and my best time is like 10 minutes. So I'm pretty hot garbage.

• Locked thread