Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

imo big jon is a big whiny baby and im glad of this

i hope he doesnt show up at all IMO

he's the best speed runner tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

doing the inferior snes version of aladdin smdh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you have terrible taste in video games, friend

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

considering all the bad/boring games (yeah yeah i know the garbage super long jrpg poo poo gets mad donations from morons) that will be run it's a shame we will not get that blast corps run.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yes, that is the problem. that's what i meant with "that blast corps run" instead of "a blast corps run".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Studio posted:

I think this was a parity thing, since women weren't able to wear swimsuits (or anything too revealing) on stream. It was pointed out that men could go shirtless, and that got nixed

both things are dumb

kinda stinks most of the good games are on at ungodly late/early hours or during work.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 27, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

to be fair to minorkos most runners have negative personality. sometimes that owns though like that new super mario bros run with the guy wearing a cape and pjs and his landwhale of a wife.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the guy i'm talking about was a huge rear end in a top hat during the run.

i'd be surprised if more than one person matched that description.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

flatluigi posted:

Sometimes I almost forget that there's people who watch speedruns and marathons to watch people speedrun and there's people who watch them so they can jack off about how awful they think everyone on camera is

sorry if the truth hurts?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

ill have a cuck joke ready and waiting

this was the best donation of all time and will never be topped.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yes.

because this is somehow still a prevalent thread topic despite it having been a year and a half

holy poo poo you guys are the worst.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

someday someone will use this for something ironic. today is not that day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

flatluigi posted:

How do people even find their way to this thread if they can't stand people who know things about games they run

jesus stop.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the most insane speedrunning thing is the smw credits warp.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's weird how werster is an insane rear end in a top hat but one of the better runs to watch recently was when he did couch commentary when that euro dude did sonic 2. perhaps he has evolved.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BattleHamster posted:

There's a relatively new channel on YouTube called SpeedrunDrama that you might be interested in. It's basically some SRG guys getting together on discord and talking about incredibly stupid niche poo poo that's happening.

For example, did you know that the moderators of the Toy Story 2 game on Speedrun.com REFUSE to add a PS2 category to the page? You will after listening to a 10 minute discussion about it. They actually have a hilarious follow-up video to this where they invite one of the Toy Story 2 mods into discord and argue about it for another 10 minutes.

this is supremely my poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i kinda wanna get good at all bosses bloodborne just because what should have been one of the best runs of the whole thing turned out to be one of the worst. i heard hotline myhammy as bad too even though that shoulda been one of the best.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

What was bad about the bloodborne run, was it just boring or what

did like no bosses and boring skips including as others said skipping fighting gehrman which might be the best final boss in all of video gamedom.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

really mad my bloodborne comment wasn't read during the run...it was good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

I think everything will be fine next year if the term "food options" is banned. You're not a child in a school lunch line and nobody else on Earth calls restaurants or grocery stores that.

what's this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dizz posted:

I thought that was just the donation reader constantly reminding us.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Studio posted:

Yo. SGDQ submissions start on the 6th. What are people submitting?

roundabout

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

out of total noob curiosity when you have the splits and stuff do you just have a key or pedal or something set to stop the timer for that split as you play

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

only two runners huh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Studio posted:

Nah I just didn't include them.

i was making a jape. i'm a japist at heart.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come the freedom planet people were big enough classic sonic fans to make a sonic game but still so retarded they included voice acting and cutscenes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I think that might be why they included it

the old games didn't have voice acting or cutscenes (well that tiny one before the final level in sonic 2).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ada posted:

I believe either "retarded" or "Sonic fans" is the element he was referring to, but truly is there any difference?

1-3/k aint bad so i assumed someone who wanted moreof those hated what sega did with the franchise once it went to the third lovely dimension

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Somebody give me some context for whatever this is.

the most famous oot speedrunner is having depression issues and/due to being a transwoman. you're a games mod for crying out loud.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the bearded guy is clearing nodding and not ducking.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

isn't werster one of those hate watch types. they're pretty popular.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ramadu posted:

he's a pleasant upbeat guy who is positive and and says good things about people

his taste in music is loving awful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

saying human being isn't harmless at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dizz posted:

Replace it with Blueglass laugh.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

being "linear" doesn't matter for a speed run since you're going to be going one specific route anyway. there are a bunch of bosses off a straight path to the end in ds3.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

I don't like how they restart the game everytime they open a door to cheat the in-game time instead of just doing an RTA.

i agree.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tracula posted:

If looks like it isn't really RTA. I think they base it on the in game timer. I've seen them adjust their current split clock by a little when loading back in sometimes.

it's still kinda silly to quit out to menu for door openings.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hanales posted:

It got so bad they made a quitout/no quitout category for Bloodborne.

lol that is incredible. and actually cool. i'd much rather see people do the runs without quit abuse so they can respawn after killer falls and poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

im kidding, its actually hilarious

dark souls 3 is great, but I watched some speedruns of it, and it seemed like just a lot of saving and quitting

not the greatest watch ever

i just don't get why it counts or why they decided to do it. the door animation is the same for everyone isn't it or is it based on your computer. if it's th esame for everyone saving and quitting is stupid.

the most bizarre speedrunning thing to me is how the guy and the couch couldn't pronounce wario correctly in last year's warioland 4 agdq run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wurio.

• Locked thread