Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
Here's the texture pack The Furious Pirate put together in that now dead torrent.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/137672724/Morrowind/Texture%20Pack%20Project.7z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

If I become a vampire will I be able to overcome people not talking to me if I get my personality / speechcraft high enough?

Yes, you could also make a charm spell with a magnitude of 100 or as high as you can reliably cast for one or two seconds and immediately talk to them as soon as the spell hits them. Make sure to buy the spells you need before becoming a vampire though.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

kazr posted:

Just got MGSO installed, any other recommendations? I hear Rebirth is pretty good?

MGSO version of the Lord's Mail on the right.

MGSO is not good.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

rocket_man38 posted:

Dumb question, but how do you get there just starting out? I want to do a mix of OG Morrowind and TR. I’m not very experienced in Morrowind.

It's integrated in the base game so mages guild teleports, some boats at ports in the south/east, or just casting water walking and going across the inner sea are probably the easiest ways to get to the mainland.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

Love the image of a muck farmer peasant watching a cheap-rear end wizard just walking across the ocean up onto the beach because he doesn’t want to pay 18 septims for the ferry

You don't get to be a millionaire rocking the most expensive enchanted armor and clothes by spending frivolously, also walking over the water is a more subtle display of your superiority over everyone than levitating.

Fun wizards use scrolls of Icarian flight to get to the mainland though.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
Becoming arch mage without casting a single spell was the first unqualified guild master run I did in Skyrim. When I finished, I giggled at the ridiculousness of my heavy armor wearing war hammer wielding high elf being the head of one of the few places left where mages can study and learn when she has never cast a spell and didn't have XP in any magic skill.

Becoming head of the thieves guild without sneaking is just playing the quests and not getting extra rewards if you kill someone, I spiced it up by using unrelenting force the moment I loaded into a cell and as often as I could during combat.

None of this has anything to do with Morrowind but what I'm saying is everyone should do unqualified guild master runs in Skyrim, at least for the mages college because there's more depth in figuring out how to bypass everything without looking it up than most of the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

don't you have to at least use some kind of mage shield or can you use the artifact shield to get past that part? fuckin shameful questline.

The artifact shield works, you can also get one of the students killed and the quest advances past that part.