Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Broke out the old copy for a replay on a whim and after 18 years the cd is scratched to poo poo. Setup doesn't work directly off the disk but for some reason is fine copied and run from my HD. Weird but okay. Resisted the temptation to go with a thousand mods right off the bat and have gone with a comparatively light data files folder: mgexe, those awesome ai textures and tamriel rebuilt. I did have project atlas but that made balmora look like poo poo and offered no appreciable fps boost so gently caress it.
It's just as good as I remember. I get that same giddy feeling I did as a 12 year old starting that first dark elf character. The difference is now I don't spend the first couple of hours of the game scraping together septims for great because not I know how trivial it is to become an alchemical god making infinite money out of meat potions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Skwirl posted:

I haven't played Arena, but I've spent at least 100 hours on every other main line Elder Scrolls game and haven't beaten any of them.

I tried daggerfall today because it's free on the Bethesda launcher. Started a new game, was almost immediately killed by an imp that was immune to my weapon. Cool, I'll try again in another few years

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Skwirl posted:

I'll admit when I spent 100+ hours on Daggerfall Morrowind didn't exist. I've tried playing it again a couple times recently and couldn't get into it in the same way I did in the 90's.

Maybe try Skygerfall

As I am a mere child of 30, morrowind was my first elder scrolls game and the first game I bought myself. I've tried daggerfall several times but only once made it out of the first dungeon. It's brutal.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

whydirt posted:

lmao if you don’t take the Ebony Dagger during chargen in Daggerfall

I wouldn't even know how to do that

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I always thought that was a hilarious dildo joke

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Doesn't Rebirth remove the poorly guarded free gift grandmaster alchemy kit in Caldera? Reason enough not to bother imo

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Lorkhan was right

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Time for my regular reinstall and holy poo poo why would anyone ever not use mod organiser?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The MW expansion is the least bad bit of ESO in my experience. It's a drat shame so much cool lore is buried in such a boring game.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Talos ascended by stacking souls, a different walking way

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Talos reached heaven through violence and Vivec wants Nerevar to follow the same path because Vivec specifically thinks of it as lesser, brutal and easily manipulated. He's not necessarily correct and I think it's a fair assumption to guess that he's scared that he's wrong

Sermon 37 makes this pretty explicit imo and Michael Kirkbride has basically confirmed that he wrote it

But Talos has an oversoul of three Shezzarine souls stacked up into one.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I just got a 3070ti and I now get 67fps in Balmora. 1080p. Mgxe is a magical FPS pit

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I love it when some trash smuggler squatting in a cave stops my death bolt spell with an iron throwing knife.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
lol if you aren't an alchemically powered monstrosity with hundreds of points of personality overriding all possible reputation hits

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think a lot of it was written on sleep deprivation

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Kamrat posted:

OpenMW 0.47 is finally released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9sUhduT-K4

The fact that they're working on a way for people to make standalone games with this engine is neat, there are some talented creators out there that only have experience creating mods for the Elder Scrolls-games.

Distant land that doesn't eat frames :eyepop:

I guess the other stuff is cool too

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's ridiculous how well openmw with all the bells and whistles runs compared to original MW with MGE. 60fps everywhere. I get like 30 in Balmora with MGE.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Rinkles posted:

Has OpenMW caught up to MGE?

Openmw's new distant land feature is better than MGE. You can't slap a bunch of shaders on top of everything in openmw though.

In terms of performance openmw shits on MGE

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Midig posted:

I got groundcover to work. So now I just have to say that with OpenMW 0.47 you basically dont have to generate grass, nor any distant land. You basically have the equivelent of DynDOLOD. Yet the game has very few player animation mods and NO CAPE MODS!

Cape mods all look like poo poo

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Rabid Snake posted:

Is it recommended to use OpenMW for someone who's never played through this game? I've played it as a kid but never got past 20 hours. Those 20 hours were just screwing around, looting, and doing some random quests. I never got far into the actual game

I have the GOTY edition and plan to play Vanilla (no mods). Not being able to play windowed and alt tab easily kind of sucks and I heard OpenMW solves that. Does OpenMW change much? I know its a different engine

Playing vanilla there's no reason not to use OpenMW. It's the same game but stable and prettified.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Come, Jon. Friend or traitor, come. Come and look upon my Kart, and Nermalakhan. And bring lasagna... I have need of it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

galenanorth posted:

If you fully tricked out Morrowind with all the best graphics mods, what would be the system requirements for that on max settings?

I used to run a mega juiced morrowind with a 1660 super at great framerates. Not appreciably any better with a 3070ti and 3800x

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

mbt posted:

just use perfect placement https://streamable.com/an7qr

Perfect placement is something I can't live without now. So good.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope OpenMW becomes compatible with the Code Patch and MWSE soon. I want to use it but those are too essential to my preferred experience.

I thought I couldn't live without mwse but honestly just the stability of openmw is a big deal

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Shibawanko posted:

i never really liked using the alchemy cheat

It's not a cheat if it's referenced in a book in-game. It's true to the deep lore and a core game mechanic

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm insane and just bought a leather bound copy of the 36 Lessons

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It looks absolutely sick in pictures and I look forward to it arriving some time in the next 6 months, royal mail permitting.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

FreudianSlippers posted:

Out of curiosity where does one find that?

https://ko-fi.com/cattleabduction/shop

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I never knew until now there was an axe in Seyda Neen.

I've been playing morrowind for literally 20 years and also found out about it this year

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CattleAbduction posted:

Good luck.

Thank you

Sometimes you have to be selfish!

There will be a giveaway on Rotten Deadite's stream on the 10th of December. I'll also giveaway one copy some time in the future.

I'm very excited about my purchase, you rule

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

It's here, it owns

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
There's like an inch of actual pages in there and the cover is pretty thick

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Merry crimbo

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The ideal way to level X is to abuse alchemy to make expensive potions and sell them to pay trainers

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
If you're playing vanilla you should absolutely play openmw because it is vastly more stable

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Tatterdemalion was a bunch of idea guys producing a lot of ideas and not much else

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He needs to get on the level of the guy who turned beyond skyrim's Facebook page into his personal schizophrenia journal

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

icantfindaname posted:

I'm playing this for the first time, I made a Redguard Rogue. What is the most broken stuff I can do as early as possible in a new game? I followed this guide and stole the warehouse stuff

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Starting_Out

Make intelligence potions, chug them then brew more. Repeat. Congratulations, you have broken the game completely

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

chaosapiant posted:

Since they came out, I’ve never done a playthrough of the game without all official plugins.

Same but I've literally never actually used any of the content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Lol if you aren't installing off your 20 year-old disc.