Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I knew that fetcher was holding out on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a mod that makes the persuasion system less luck-based, or otherwise tolerable?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you’re using the Morrowind Code Patch, make sure you have the attribute and skill uncappers turned off.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The dungeons and combat in Daggerfall are awful. Since the late-2000s, I’ve tried getting into it three or four times but always failed. Which is a shame, because the systems seem really cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Main Quest Enhancers?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The game isn't hard enough to care about stuff like that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It doesn’t. I’d recommend a magicka regen mod, the one I use is called Purist’s Magicka Regen or something

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What mod is that, flavour is v important to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One thing you can try is using the Wayback Machine. Copy the web address of the download page with the errors and plug it into the wayback machine, and it should provide you with a usable download

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s more like, I had a diamond go missing, and you walk in trying to sell me a diamond (keeping in mind that all Morrowind diamonds look and weigh the same), then yeah I’m allowed to call shenanigans

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vanilla never had that stat breakdown, it’s a feature unlocked by the Code Patch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All I can think of is, check out who owns the items with the “tfh” console command, it’ll add ownership info to tooltips

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t do the Siege of Firemoth, it’s loving terrible

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So like, does Tamriel Rebuilt have actual content or is it just more landmass?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not that unusual, Washington State and Washington D.C. are on opposite sides of the country

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It must be pretty unstasfying if you watch your arrow hit your enemy's head in slomo, yet the Morrowind combat rolls decide that it's a miss

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They're Tamrielic weight units, not pounds

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oblivion has the best assassination missions in the series at least

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've done a little digging, is it just not possible to lower the mouse sensitivity in menus?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m a sad roleplayer and have been trying to figure out which conflicting factions would ordinarily disallow you from joining them if you’ve joined their competitor. I found a mod (“Strict Factions”) that forbids you from joining opposing groups, which does appeal to me, but I think the mod creator gets some things wrong and is TOO strict.

So far I have:
Telvanni - Mages Guild
Thieves Guild - Fighters Guild
Temple - Imperial Cult
Telvanni - Temple
Temple - Mages

A couple of these I’m just basing on what the wiki page says about reactions between the factions, I don’t know enough to say for certain that, say, the Temple would turn away a Mages Guild member.

Anyway any thoughts on this list? Am I missing some conflicts?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah thanks for the answers! I was asking from a roleplayer’s point of view, I’m not so much interested in maximizing one character’s quest log. Rather I just wanted to be sure the factions my dude aligns with make internal, ~lore-friendly~ sense, so no proselytizing two different religions at once

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aunt Felisa’s complaining about the lizards again :rolleyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven't played any of them but the Kings Field games are first person!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well won’t the Atronach birthsign make your magicka regen mod entirely moot?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

Goddamn. I don't remember this game being this hard. Maybe GCD isn't for me. How the heck does any melee character get anything done when mobs annihilate you in a few hits.

Who/what are you trying to fight?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of bandits in random caves are like level 20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

On the ninth day of CHIMmas
My console gave to me
Nine Sleepers waking
Eight slaves a-toiling
Seven dreugh a-swimming
Six scribs a-biting
FAAAAAARGOTH'S RIIIIING
Four ebony pauldrons
Three skooma pipes
Two guars grazing
And a cliff racer stuck in a tree

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why security and not sneak?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You n’rah!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remake Daggerfall in Skyrim, cowards

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wait he doesn’t do the ghouls in fallout?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder whether telvanni mushroom houses smell good or awful

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The character models are a few polygons short of being fuckable imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good news, the official plugins aren’t worth installing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are better tit armour mods out there. I mean I’m guessing, I don’t really know

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah yes, the Imperial Man’s burden

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The imperials didn’t abolish slavery in Morrowind so I don’t know why we’re praising them at all

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uncle Crassius is a lovable sex pest, dumpling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Such a good game