Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Friends, I have never touched Morrowind before and am about to. I grabbed it from GOG and will be going MGSE rather than OpenMW.

My plan is to throw... let's see... MGE, the code patch, I guess the Enhanced Textures, into MO2 and fire it up. After I play a while I'm sure I'll spiral into the modding hole, never to see the light of day again. But for now, I just want to Play Morrowind and go from there. Is there anything I really need to know or any land mines I'm about to step on?

I actually know next to nothing about the game, the story, the lore. I'm sure I'll be back with a Brand New Player trip report for all of you to laugh at and get all wistful about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Thanks for the pointers, all. Is there anything modding related I should be careful not to trip over? Will MO2+MWSE+the handful of core mods work and continue to work as I inevitably add more mods later?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

----------------------
/
:smug:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah. If you're going to run with a two digit number of mods then just downloading and installing them one by one through MO2, paying attention to conflicts as you go, is very boring but not very hard.

OpenMW though I looked at, decided not to use, and know nothing about.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

"Nah, you're full of poo poo" wasn't supposed to be insulting?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

voice acting in rpgs was a mistake.

Preach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

they're like MMO newbie quests.

I might be misunderstanding you. You're saying that as though it were a good thing? :confused: