Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Had anyone played this farming mod?

http://mwmodders.com/farmermod.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Arena is SPLENDID

Daggerfall is EPIC

Morrowind is MAJESTIC

Oblivion

Skyrim is INCREDIBLE

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Getting back into modding this again – seeing what the newest mods are and cramming as many in as I can before going and playing something else.

Except this time when I was testing out some mods my 8yo daughter was watching me and started asking about what this was (she has played lots of Zelda and likes those). Started explaining some basics and she of course wanted to make her own character. Rolled up a woodelf who she liked the look of best. And we headed out – no expectations, no knowledge of what is around the next corner. Just heading off on an adventure.

Words can’t describe how great it is to watch someone play through this game for the first time – stuff like Ashfall makes it so much better - she is obsessed with making sure we have food and drink. Can’t wait to get into Dave’s furniture mod as well.

We are of course playing a complete good character – no stealing. No killing NPCs. Even talking to the Thieves Guild members is wrong.

Every session she is like “Dad, Morrowind is the best game ever.”

Yes. Yes it is.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
She is worried why she started off in a prison ship with that ‘creepy dark elf’ and what she could have done to end up in jail. Definitely trying to live a reformed life now she is out.

Not to say we don’t bend the rules. She originally felt sorry for Fargoth and returned his ring. But he is too ugly so has become our sworn enemy! (She was not pleased to learn he was a wood elf like her). Despite the ‘no stealing’ policy, she was more than happy to steal the ring from his tree stump. But would not hear of not returning the gold to Hrisskar, because that was stealing!

Haven’t done much combat so far. All the monsters are much uglier (everything is nice or ugly) than the Bokoblins in Breath of the Wild (her favourite game – she can beat Ganon solo). Is amazed by the fact that weapons don’t just break in this game. She really likes the cooking in BotW so just wants to do lots of cooking in MW too – I have to say the Ashfall system for this is very good.

We are playing this with Morrowind ‘as is’ with all the mods I have been installing – so Harder Barter, MDMD, Ashfall and dozens more. I’m doing all the controlling so its up to me to git gud if we hit a rough patch.

Up to Balmora now, she likes that House Hlaalu is nice to outlanders, because we are an outlander. But now getting lots of questions about where wood elves come from and who all the different races are. I'm going to have to brush up on my Tamriel lore to keep ahead of the curve.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Lmao you guys, I'm not actually explaining what cannibalism and pederasty is. We're clothes shopping, trying out recipes and saving up for a house.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Still having a blast – we were walking back to Balmora from Fort Moonmoth and a storm started. Lots of lightning strikes around us and she is freaking out, like get inside NOW.

We get to the main gate and see Hul walking around and she gets ZAPPED by the lightning and goes down – we both absolutely cracked up. Days later and we’re still joking about that lizard that got ZAPPED!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Proletarian Mango posted:

What mod are you using that adds lightening strikes? Sounds cool.

https://abitoftaste.altervista.org/morrowind/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=24&catid=43&Itemid=10&-Thunders-Lightnings

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gurragadon posted:

Good tip, i'm going to run a search again and see what I missed. I think BCOM is an all timer at this point though, or I just went deeper into the list than I thought. I've been using it and your right, it's excellent. The only Vivec city mod I like more was a real old one that made all the cantons open air.

This is the open Vivec mod I'm using, I get pretty good fps and no conflicts. It is fully compatible with Concept Art Palace which is one of the coolest mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/49336

If you're looking for ideas, I've found its good to check out the pages of the better mod makers like Merlord, the N'Wah Team, Danae, Randompal etc. Darkelfguy's YouTube has lots of modjam winners to check out as well. Just use wyremash and you won't have any problems.

V for Vegas fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 5, 2023

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gurragadon posted:

Another good idea, I had a mods from Merlord and Randompal already, you would say there all good quality?

Pretty much a beginner modder, can you use wyremash with MO2? Is it included or is it launched through it? Wyremash is the one that merges mods or something to minimize conflicts right?

Don't use MO2. Follow Danae's guide and just use wryemash.

https://danaeplays.thenet.sk/wrye-mash/

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gurragadon posted:

Eh im just gonna skip doing all this, I wanna play Morrowind and if I start into this its gonna turn into the modding Morrowind game. I didn't even download the right version of wyremash you were talking about the first time.

Why not MO2 though for next time? It seemed to work pretty well.

MO2 works, it's just an extra layer on top of wryemash which you don't really need. Wryemash is simple to use to load mods, resolve conflicts and load orders, test, and uninstall in a single interface.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Enrico la Spaniard posted:

Agreed, buggier than a wasp's nest, but I like what it does to the mine itself so I keep it around for that reason alone.

You're in luck, a mod just went up on Nexus that keeps the landscape changed but strips out all the quests.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FlocksOfMice posted:

^^ That has been modded in like over 10 years ago in a dozen different mods, including the seminal BCOM which compiles all the big town mods of the past few years into one easy install package.

If you want to make Vivec way better and by better I mean way worse and by worse I mean it's my favorite Vivec, there's https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/51777?tab=description&BH=1

Which hollows out the cantons and fills them with things, including residential sections just there for flavor and with empty apartments you can move into and take over and it takes literally like 5 minutes to leave your apartment block in the morning. It's incompatible with everything and uses a chunk of my VWE mod for gussying things up so I am biased but it's my favorite Vivec and it's hard to go back to tiny hallways Vivec after seeing it like this.

The best Vivec mod is and will always be Compatible Redesigned Vivec.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/49336/

Sydin posted:

I'm having the weirdest modded Morrowind experience of my life where I dumped like 200 mods on top of the game, got all my MGE configs set up, launched the game and it just... ran. No weird issues or conflicts, no crashes, hell the game doesn't even crash when I close it! In over 15 years of modding this game I've never had anything even remotely close to this smooth of an experience, it rules.

I'm running 576 mods at the moment. The MGE team have done yeoman's work. Morrowind now doesn't give a poo poo. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Balmora always did need more trees.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

"CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land."

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jay Rust posted:

What's the latest and greatest way of setting up dark-ish and atmospheric nights and dungeons?

I just use Weather Adjuster and set the ambient light to low.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46816

Ctroosts settings are also good imo.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/52069

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
There is one that just moves all non guard NPCs in a town to a local indoor cell between certain times. Simple but effective.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The main difference is all the good mods are MWSE.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dragomorph posted:

So dumb question, but to clarify: Mod Organizer 2 works just fine for figuring out my order on OpenMW, right? They have that CFG thing on the main site but it seems to only follow the specific mod lists, and I've deviated in several ways from the Expanded Vanilla list (including all the body mods instead of just the head replacer, leaving out most of the AI voice mods as well as mods I already knew I didn't want, including an alternate start mod, etc). I presume I'll still need to use the CFG thing to figure out all the little modifications within the config files.

You can use the new Plox mod on Nexus for resolving OpenMW conflicts. It's pretty good. I just use that and the native OpenMW launcher. No need for MO2.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ha yeah I was about to post sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! :shrug:

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I just load whatever and run the Delta plugin every now and then and haven't had any issues.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SettingSun posted:

Sliding in to say I've started Morrowind for the first time and, uh, this game slaps hard. Unironically loving all the reading, navigation via directions from locals, and worldbuilding. I can't stop playing.

:hmmyes:

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The May Modathon just started and a firehose of new mods are going up on Nexus. Never been a better time to mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

V for Vegas posted:

The May Modathon just started and a firehose of new mods are going up on Nexus. Never been a better time to mod.

Oh poo poo - a new Douglas Goodall quest mod just dropped. https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/54525