Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mine is set to 71, which it says is the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Try Firefox 4.0 maybe.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Formal bug reports are practically worthless if they aren't filed by a developer who knows how to check that it isn't already listed and who knows what info needs to be in there and what doesn't. If a regular user wants to get a bug fixed they are a lot better off getting some developer interested in the problem via a mailing list or forum or something.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is something to do with the way the forums pages handle ads. They show up as an extra entry in your history or something unless you block them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
edit: n/m

withak fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 21, 2011

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Solution: keep the task manager window closed.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Or you are an OCD nerd who doesn't want to cause excessive wear and tear on your bits.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lord of Sword posted:

All the alternatives I've tried don't have image resizing (diagonal drag resizes an image bigger or smaller or hides it completely). It's only one feature but I'm so used to it being there and it's the one I use most.

This guy right here is the user that every developer hates the most.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

It was already checked. Do I uncheck it?

Only if you want to not always show the tab bar.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else getting crashes at startup today in the latest beta? My homepage is google so their video game logo may be causing it. It eventually is stable after a handful of crashes and restarts.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PirateBob posted:

How do I stop firefox from popping up with update notifications? I've downgraded to 16.02 because of issues with 17.

Preferences -> Advanced -> Update -> "Never check for updates".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He probably just wants to use his web browser.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that butts.com is for sale.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

How much memory SHOULD it be using? I'm at 800MB.

Don't worry about it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

nimper posted:

Adblock Plus can do this, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for.

Yeah, go into the custom filter text box and put in "specific_javascript_file.js".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rahu X posted:

I remember the days when people use to be enraged over Firefox 4.0's UI changes.

The heat death of the universe is pretty much the only thing that can stop the internet from freaking the gently caress out about minor UI changes in web browsers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't remember the last time I clicked on a back button, but maybe I'm not a representative sample.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nebulon Gate posted:

Anyone who isn't a pleb has it bound to their minimum-four-button mouse. :colbert:

YM "swipe right" HTH.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lord Windy posted:

When I last used Firefox it had memory leak issues. I've just switched to it on my Mac and I was wondering if it still had the issue.

It was your imagination.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

How can I remove a domain from the suggestions in the URL bar if it doesn't show up in the list? I often go to a domain for my school that starts with fa, but when I go there, I type the course number, which brings up the right URL. However, I've gone there so many times recently that when I want to go to facebook, the URL bar brings up the other one first, so I can't just type fa and hit enter. I know that normally I'd highlight the offending entry and hit delete, but when the entry appears in the URL bar rather than in the suggestion list, this doesn't seem to work.

Try "fac".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Urldefense.com is a blight, up there with [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL].