Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
To the vast majority of the rest of the world, someome thinking "better get my loaded gun" immediately after "heard a noise I don't recognize" is weird and scary.

That being said, a single mother friend was hearing weird noises under the floors at night in a rental house. She started finding dolls and toys hung on her fence shortly after. turns out there was a crawl space under a trap door under the porch that her landlord didn't tell her about and the homeless guy had broken in and had been living in there for weeks. But her first thought was to call the police and then move out, not grab her piece and start firing rounds into the floorboards.

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
from the cursed thread

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
On-topic:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/21131-San-Pablo-Dr-Land-O-Lakes-FL-34637/99869472_zpid/

:nws: for photo #6

In case it gets taken down and u still want to see old benus - https://i.imgur.com/WCrXMO8.jpg

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

Oh there's a fun video walkthrough too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbadtmWh7Y4&t=2s

edit: honestly, it's a bunch of cosmetic damage to stuff that a flipper would have ripped out anyways. not a bad deal if the price is right.

i'm the five circa mid-2000s era DVRs

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Any time. Any time.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dareon posted:

you have a cum key

it's attached to the keyboard with some kind of goop

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

That was in B.C. if I recall. Dude went back to Italy.
That was addressed in my first post re: that. If they hit Artesian formations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/city-of-vancouver-on-hook-for-10-million-cost-of-capping-massive-groundwater-leak-1.4997907

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Stolen from Schadenfreude thread

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ah yeah water hammer

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Whenever I think of mercury I can't help but think of that group of kids in shittown USA wherever that found a barrel of mercury in an abandoned factory. They had a "mercury fight" in one of local restaurants and one kid dipped a cigarette in the barrel in smoked it. He lost one lung and half of the other, and most of the town had to be decontaminated.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IanColdwater/status/1436501816640950278?t=B0t9GOQSmgRSlykfSCmoeg&s=19

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Stolen from the scooter fruity thread

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

kid sinister posted:

Oh. My. God.

Those aren't bubbles in the tub, that's coke

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cyrano4747 posted:

What is it with people not staining fences? I’ve seen that a ton recently and I don’t know if it’s a new thing or if it’s because I’m just noticing etc.

Did HGTV decide weathered, gross pine boards are rustic flair or something?

Because if you live in a rainy climate like where I live you have to sand and re-stain your entire fence line every 2-3 years, and gently caress that.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

Enh? Most people round these parts with oil furnaces just have the tank in the basement or above ground next to their house. Why do you need to bury them?

In our area it was common to bury your oil tank between the 1930s and 1950s, then bury them half full and pretend they never existed once the city finally laid natural gas lines in the neighborhood. The tanks would eventually rust and leak.

About 10 years ago one lady had a full tank on her property leak and she didn't know about it, having been the third or fourth owner of the house since it was built and rmthe tank had been long forgotten to the ages. She ended up with a 2 million dollar remediation bill because the oil had leaked under two of the neighboring properties and insurance would not cover it.

We moved into a '58 rancher last year and even though we found city records that there were gas lines installed the year it was built we still paid for a tank scan before we put in an offer.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Everyone just watch the Larry Haun framing videos and feel better about the world.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
A friend of mine was working at a golf course and tried to unclog a toilet with one of those pressurized cans. Didn't have it sealed properly and blew the poo poo and piss filles bowl back in his face.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

CarForumPoster posted:

I think they started tiling in the middle of the wall and just went outward.

Also you can see every drywall sheet joint in the ceiling.

Are you sure that's drywall? It looks bowed enough to be 1/4" ply lol

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is that ply or is it MDF?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9cus4b9Jj1ue0hwj.mp4

Funny, but also on dirt???

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Sex work is work

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
The best thing about shutoffs that haven't been used in eons is that the rubber gaskets inside them can dry out and disintegrate, leaving you with an even bigger leak that you can't shut off if you don't know where the main is.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Come on in, and pull yourself up a chair,
Let the fun begin, it's time to let down your hair!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

- Zero attention to aesthetics, just plopped down a gigantic box tumor on the side of a regular house
- Couldn't get an inspector willing to sign off on it, so instead he got licensed as an inspector and then signed off on his own work
- Put a window at floor level at the staircase landing, right where someone (e.g. a child) falling down the stairs would crash through them
- Put the thermostat where it will get direct sunlight
- Load-bearing drywall

That's the main stuff I remember. I'm sure there's more but I don't really care to refresh my memory.

How could you forget the batt insulated stairs

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

kid sinister posted:

Even more crapper construction. The thunder seat!

Oh, you said SIT in with the band!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't they use Goof as slang for pedophiles?

I cannot remember where I heard this, probably the forums.

It is used in the Canadian prison system and among first nations (obvious systemic racism/poverty/abuse cycle here) as slang for pedophile.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

canyoneer posted:

This comment got me

Laughing at the idea of the bottom falling out and all the swimsuit clad hot tubbers swinging in towards the house and dangling together

Isn't that a way to kill a target in one of the Hitman games?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Built in

I wonder what happened? Did someone build their dream home and immediately go bankrupt? Was the city building a community center that for some reason was hastily converted to a mansion?

There have been a couple of recent massive, high profile ponzi scemes in BC. One of the biggest ones was operating from Victoria (near Oak Bay) before the dude disappeared. I wonder....

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Second kitchens are common in Asian cultures for cooking spices and deep frying. You see a lot in Chinese and Vietnamese neighborhoods in Vancouver. Obviously way less common these days with the price of a square foot.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
My dad put one of these in the ensuite of the house he had built in 1982 and it was fuckin awesome. Not built into the floor like this, though. No carpet either, fortunately. It was like being in a hot tub and was a tremendous waste of water.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

You know the algo will come up with obnoxious unlivable poo poo like this and landlords will LOVE it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4oQDnHlrR0

Japanese apartment building sucked me off?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Modus Pwnens posted:

My neighborhood has this and they're all starting to fail. Just this year two houses on my block had to dig a new line out halfway into the street. The plumber said we'll know to replace ours when sewage starts backing up into our basement. :toot:

May I suggest that the answer is actually before sewage starts backing up into your basement?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

June 28th 1998, when the Undertaker threw Mankind off "Hell in a Cell" and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

Then he got up (after being stretchered out), came back to the ring, climbed the cage again, and was choke slammed through the top of the cage onto the mat, knocking one of his teeth through his upper lip and into his nostril (in addition to the obvious things like a serious TBI)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can't Superman just put it all in a big net and throw it into the sun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCpnDTzRAjE