Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I got all of you beat. By a mile. I could be cheap and say "SR 520 Replacement project," but that's too easy. Instead I'll go with the 126th St/405 overpass.

So it was designed to save ambulances the time it takes to drive like, 8 blocks around, hopefully save lives, and the city got the contract for dirt cheap. 8 months start to finish is what they said and the bridge was technically finished in just over 7. Except for one serious issue. Out of convince, or perhaps laziness, the plans for the bridge had the reinforcing rebar omitted. Once they finished the project someone realized their fuckup. They tried to hide it, and the bridge was nearly open to traffic when somebody called their asses on it and they had to demo the whole thing and start over. They ended up 9 months late, and made nothing off the project. These are the same fuckheads that are building the new SR520 bridge, that is so broken that they just fire anyone that won't sign off on it, a Goddamn bridge that has hundreds, maybe thousands of cracks, and it's not even half a year old, or built! They poured in such heavy rain all the concrete poured off into the lake, they poured concrete in 18 degree weather, and cut every corner they could. And the company is so powerful that they can push the DOT around.

Welcome to Washington. Hope you brought your life jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So my old high school is gonna be torn down in the next decade, as it is "structurally deficient" and will, lacking any other word, utterly collapse and sink in an earthquake. It was one of those open concept schools, that were so popular in Western Washington. No interior walls except around the Commons, cafeteria, and offices. Classes would meet at one of. Twenty-six or so pillars with movable walls to separate the classes. When it opened there was seventeen twenty minute periods to encourage individuality. It failed miserably. To top it off, there's a basement, around four feet deep under the entirety of the school. Back in the day they though we could only get 5-6 magnitude earthquakes, and the school was designed to drop those four feet rather than collapse. With the larger quakes we can have, it would sink and basically fall apart.

Anyway, I don't have a picture handy, but the school has the world's largest solid laminate wood beams, over a hundred meters long going across the length of the school in both directions. It's a weird loving place.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I hate to do it, but I'll head back there and see what I can dig up. I'll also see if I can bribe an old teacher of mine to get in the weird rear end basement and take pictures. Or just see if they left it unlocked. Either works.

Edit: all the photos are gone, even the slides. A retired teacher got everything and is slowly, very slowly digitizing them. I'm gonna try to get a few photos a bit early. I'll still try sneaking into the basement, though.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 6, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

SneakyFrog posted:

that is my favorite firefighting movie.

No, you're thinking of Backlash

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

there wolf posted:

Where's the huge mechanical spider that made it?
Hiding behind a clock in your living room, no doubt.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

MrYenko posted:

I'm not, just hoping.

Did you not notice the waifu pillow to the left?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

loving hell, I would hate to hit my elbow on that fucker.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I've seen sinks that were shaped like that before. Whatever that is, though, it doesn't appear to have any faucets.

Jesus loving christ, people. You press the bottom lever with your foot and water comes out the top. I'm pretty sure I've used one of those in the past year or so.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

flosofl posted:

And those jugs of cashews.

These are the loving best

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

FCKGW posted:

Yes. Same reason people aren't rear end to dick when standing in a line.

Maybe not your lines...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Geirskogul posted:

Don Sandals is baffled at this request, and, after taking your money, he takes a small step backwards. He is precariously close to the edge of the roof.

Don reaches into his right front pocket, with a nervous smile on his face.

Next move? (N, W, E, Down)
>_

Seduce Don Sandals.