Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I like how it looks exactly like what would happen back when my graphics card used to overheat while playing the city levels of Half Life 2 causing the vaguely european-y buildings to randomly have one or two of their vertexes drawn way out of place :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mcgreenvegtables posted:

Huh, whats that bag?

Ah, I see what you did!

I suspect this isn't to code but I don't know much about sewage systems and am curious what is the worst that could go wrong here? Leaking sewer gas? poo poo outflow? Please explain in detail for my edification!

I'd be more concerned with the loving wizard previous owner who can make bags pass through solid pipes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Javid posted:

Where does it come from?

Where does it go?

My theory is irrigating a tree with shower water but that setup doesn't look adjustable and there are a bunch of trees.

Air conditioner drip tube... watering the tree I guess?

I love that greyish (conduit maybe?) T in the middle where they just pointed the open end up so it won't pour out :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

I genuinely dislike the lack of natural white light that LEDs have. Have they fixed that or are you still dealing with huge chunks of the spectrum missing?

At every single Home Depot I've been to recently they have floor displays of LED bulbs where you can look at the color temps, if there's one near you you should go check it out. I've slowly converted all my bulbs to LED, the living area ones are "warm" and stuff like the closet that I don't really give a gently caress about is the cheaper "traditional ugly blue." I'm just amazed that they cost like, $15-$30 each but are warrantied for twenty one loving years. By the time it burns out I'll be 45 and it will be the cyberpocalypse anyway. My mind can't wrap around the fact that light bulbs just... don't... burn out... anymore. Crazy :2bong:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm guessing it depends a lot on the brand, but I've dropped one a couple times on a tile floor trying to install it in an overhead fixture and it still works. The bulb itself is made of shatter-proof-feeling plastic and all the electronics seem to be very solidly attached to the heavy metal frame on the base to maximize heat dissipation so I'd imagine it could take way more of a beating than a filament bulb or CFL could.

EDIT: For reference I mostly have Cree and GE bulbs of several different shapes and designs and they all feel pretty solid, but ymmv

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 9, 2015

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Slanderer posted:

Actually, incandescent bulbs are filled with a low-pressure inert gas. In a vacuum, the filament would evaporate more quickly, so it gets filled argon and nitrogen. It makes the bulb less efficient (and the surface of the glass gets hotter), though

I always heard that the cheap ones were just hard vacuum and the nicer ones that lasted longer were nitrogen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

In my city they installed a single LED streetlight next to the city hall and put up a big sign about how it was a pilot program and how LED's would save the city so much money and be great for the environment and are generally fantastic and that was like 7 years ago and it's still the only LED streetlight in the city :v: