Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:drat:

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's why I reconsidered electrical engineering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
fortunately it doubles as a lethal hipster trap.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Uncle Enzo posted:

Can't wait till that thing malfunctions and you end up with a lukewarm cat-piss-poo poo slurry being slowly agitated and swirled as the water level slowly rises, the granules floating at the top of a soup of cat waste wheeling like a cat-piss-poo poo nebula

Those granules have got to smell pretty good after getting soaked in pisswater a couple times

To be fair I have 2 of them. (My ex wife liked cats...I like them too)

As long as you break em down and clean them well once a year.. and run them directly to a waste drain as opposed to the weird toilet hook. They are pretty loving awesome. No litter box cleaning really, just little cat poo poo washing machines. I've had them for a few years anyways and any time they "break down" its usually just cleaning off the water sensor, and back in business. Never had the aforementioned cat-piss-poo poo nebula...

the granules slowly biodegrade, so you just top up a few times a year.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

One of the related videos was someone who had it back up with two pounds of compacted un-dissolved cat poo poo in the hopper over the course if 6 months so I don't really know who to believe.

Most likely assumes machines are magical and work forever with no preventative maintenance. I dunno. Was just saying..

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Ugh.
Yeah the only pissing on the floor I could deal with was my (almost) 21 year old cat. (he got pretty drat old) he passed last month is there a pouring a 40 out for a homie smilie?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

The Litter Robot, which is literally (litter-ally) in the OP of that thread :v:

holy crap that thing looks even more science awesome then mine.. does it have an optional jacobs ladder for the top????

Take my money.

this is the most ridiculous derail ever.... sorry rugged construction manly men.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 17, 2014

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Boat posted:

I'm in IT. That is not even remotely the worst network closet I've seen. :smithicide:

Agreed.. I've seen things man.
I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe…
Switches hanging from power cables off a jury rigged outlet wired into an emergency exit sign.
I watched power lights glittering like a tiny star on and off on an inaccessible router someone cemented into a floor drain.
All those… moments… will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears… in… rain. Time… to die…
:smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

NancyPants posted:

I am on hold and I don't know how to mute my phone and trying desperately to hold in laughter right now you bastard

I was gonna be real :smith: if no one got that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jordanis posted:

Go with "All those... packets... will be lost in transit" and you're golden, I think.

poo poo. :golfclap:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

His Divine Shadow posted:

I got those around the same time you got your scooter for getting around inside the supermarket.

:iceburn:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

kastein posted:

I sure wanted to see people arguing about stupid poo poo instead of posting crappy construction stuff.

Here's why concrete formwork strength is important. Fortunately no one died:
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/12/federal_safety_officials_build.html

Apparently the formwork for the concrete parking deck they were pouring wasn't up to the task of holding up that much wet concrete. People forget that wet concrete is heavy as poo poo (about 1.5 tons per cubic yard) and won't support itself until it cures. It's wet and flows, so it's always worst at the bottom of the forms, too, since it acts somewhat like a water column.

Huh. Good poo poo to know as I was gonna dabble in some concrete projects this summer and didn't even think about how much that poo poo weighs.. I am always vastly intelligent. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Holy poo poo. loving goons gotta be all goony about everything.

So, my office is getting renovated and apparently no one checked the color of the new baseboards against the wall color. The wall is kind of a blueish grey, and the baseboards... well they are basically a sickly yellow. Its sad and looks nasty which i suppose is a crappy design tale thread topic, but if there is a thread like that its most likely full of smug bastards not like all you upstanding fine folks in here. Then I opened my server room door and found a 4000000 pound block of uranium which i used to secure my servers with laser rope.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wolrah posted:

Technology lets us be lazy:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=400+lbs+%2F+density+of+concrete

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=cube+with+a+volume+of+5.82+cubic+feet

A 400 lb cube of average density (presumably dry) concrete, according to wherever Wolfram gets their data, would be slightly under 21.6 inches on each side. There is quite a range listed to density though, it could be halved or doubled from the median and still not be at either extreme.

dammit my urianum won't fit guys you might have caught me in a bit of a fabrication... I'll try to become a better example to others.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=4000000+lbs+%2F+density+of+uranium

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wolrah posted:

I don't know, assuming 8 feet floor to ceiling that block of uranium would have only needed to be a bit larger than 20x20 feet. It works well enough as long as by "server room" you meant datacenter and not closet where the servers and mops are. Bump it up to osmium and you cut it down to just over 18x18.

I totally meant osmium.

For fake realsies.

gotta love that glow yo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

One of the old Superfriends episodes included a softball-sized fragment of neutron star that Superman ended up pitching into the sun at the end. If you weighed 100kg and stood 1m away from that thing, you'd experience a gravitational force of about 200 kilonewtons, or about 20400 gravities. Ouch. On the flipside, adding that much mass to the Sun wouldn't really affect it in any way, it'd just plunge to the center and sit there.

see this is a great educational derail

HA LET THEM STEAL MY SERVERS NOW PITIABLE MORTALS

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SoundMonkey posted:

are you guys behaving in here?

kiiiiinda? its a rather weighty matter.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I like how you have the same typo as from the imgur album that I was about to post. :v: I think this photo is probably worse though:

holy poo poo.

who would ever.. ok..

And LiquidCatnip's belief in humanity lost 30 sizes that day. .. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Splizwarf posted:

But enough of this guy, ugh. He isn't even really relevant to the thread.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I still want to see a picture of the 4.5m cube of uranium osmium that goon has in his server room with the laser rope

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LonsomeSon posted:

As long as you use exactly 400 pounds' worth.

I got this.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my realtor is a murderdog.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

it took me a few seconds, but i think i found it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bad Munki posted:

Sneaky realtor, hiding up there

obviously the precariously perched bottle of oil is the straw that broke the cupboards back.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

... ok I'm not by any means even competent with constructing/installing anything, and even I couldn't manage this.. this has to be on purpose for a swanky boudoir or something.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Manslaughter posted:

I'm the garbage dump in the background.

Please keep us updated on their status and when they are forced to kill their first pig born :ohdear:

fixed that for you. Not everyone is Kastein or Apatite.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Motronic posted:

yet.....

What? You can't afford the house so you're going to dump even MORE money in it?

its ok they are being fiscally responsible and begging internet people for money.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CopperHound posted:

This guy knows what's up.

you should put a road flare on the top like a birthday candle!

and maybe 400 or so pounds of concrete.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

NancyPants posted:

You know what happens when you assume, friend.

I think ceiling fan dildos are more likely, honestly.

Those free range dildos are the worst.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LeJackal posted:

One good thing about the building. It came with a dog!

loving owns.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

KillHour posted:

Don't metal roofs sound horrible when it rains?

nah that poo poo is relaxing as gently caress to me. YMMV

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Safety Dance posted:

Maybe the old dishwasher rattled, and the carpet acted as a shock absorber.

this is very likely.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Could be, but it was also partially underneath the cabinets. Seems likely that at one point the entire kitchen was carpeted, then the island that the dishwasher was in was added, then the carpet ripped out because carpet in a kitchen is a terrible idea, and that little bit was left underneath the dishwasher.

were the bathrooms carpeted too?

Carpeted kitchen? I cant think of why you would do that

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

It doesn't feel cold in winter. That's the reason.

heat lamp!

A bath mat!

sorry I'm vigorous this evening.

It just ugh. I had to remove one set of carpeting from a bathroom and it was one of the most vile things i have ever done

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Anubis posted:

My grandmother put bright white carpet in the kitchen as well as all the bathrooms. Really nice house too. The mothers would freak out if the grand kids had anything but water to drink, because of potential spilling.

ghaa white carpet just seems like a bad idea anywhere.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah the white carpet thing.. just.. ugh

its like do your feet not collect dirt or do you hover on a cushion of clean smugness?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Manslaughter posted:

Take your shoes off in the house. White carpet is good, you can bleach the crap out of it without getting awful bleach stains.

e: just noticed the background, ignore me :ughh:

:neckbeard:

I havent made a blocky picture in a while.. sue me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that is my favorite firefighting movie.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kilo147 posted:

No, you're thinking of Backlash

ohhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Manslaughter posted:

I thought that was a neck injury from a sudden movement.

no thats The Clash