Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Runoff has to stop and ask for directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Empty Sandwich posted:

for some reason, the churches in this region call their gym with attached kitchen a "fellowship hall." that's clearly where they store the fellowship.

the other common term is "family life center," but I can't make an obtuse antijoke out of that

The fellow ship is a scale model of Noah's ark that every church has. They keep it on display in the fellowship hall.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I there a seal under the door? If you remove that it might give the door enough clearance to slide over the carpet.

Ordinarily I wouldn't suggest that because you'd end up getting drafts. But, well.

Can't they just lower the carpet?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

What's the purpose of having a toilet in your house? Don't neighborhoods have an open sewage trough running down the middle of the street?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I can hear the death screams of that hardwood flooring. I can tell you from experience that loose sand will chew through it over time.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

titty_baby_ posted:

This could be awesome to throw parties in

yeah, but everybody's gonna pee in your living room

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

The Glumslinger posted:

Idk why she is complaining to the landlord, she just got a ton of extra square footage for free

The most literal found footage movie.

Buttchocks fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 4, 2021

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

That's one hell of a workshop in the basement.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

KozmoNaut posted:

Piss right the gently caress off with the "I shouldn't make any effort, because there are much worse offenders out there". There are a lot more different things that plug into wall sockets than just electronics, and even with those, older electronics can have surprisingly power-hungry standby modes. That directly affects your electricity bill.

While I primarily turn off my electronics because I don't want LEDs lighting up the bedroom at night (small apartment+WFH), the small power saving doesn't hurt.

A switch is just the more sensible way to turn something off, especially if you want to turn off a whole extension cord at once. The alternative of making/breaking the connection by connecting and disconnecting the plug, means the plug then has to lay on the floor or dangle somewhere. Not all devices have physical power switches or easily accessible ones.

There are situations where it is more physically convenient to flip a switch than unpluging a cord, especially for people with certain physical disabilities. Also if unplugging the cord would require moving a heavy piece of furniture, but there's enough space for a switch.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Line the whole thing with mannequin hands; recreate that scene from Labyrinth.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

This is some kind of spite house thing, right?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Cross-posting from PYF:

DrBouvenstein posted:

The only noteworthy thing Macy's has done recently is that a former Macy's husk was turned into my town's "temporary" high school. Temporary is in quotes because they found PCBs basically EVERYWHERE in the old school that was used up until 2020. Like...I fully expect the town to get a LOT of lawsuits in the future from former students getting cancer or something. But there's really nowhere else to put a new school. There's been a few site proposed but they are all garbage locations in terms of what traffic/accessibility and site prep would be.

But in the meantime:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/laurenstrapagiel/burlington-vermont-high-schools-in-a-macys

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2021/03/31/vermont-macys-turned-high-school-what-downtown-burlington-looks-like/4818514001/

Come eat lunch at the Michael Kors Cafeteria:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ver...-still-around-4

Pros: Food court; Spencer's Gifts; fewer carcinogens; already on the busline; doesn't look like a prison

Cons: all the disadvantages of those modular-walled open classrooms from the 70's; in-classroom advertising; school security is literally mall cops; continuous loop of this while trying to take your math exams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVU4ts8BEHE

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Cyrano4747 posted:

Imagine walking up that drunk.

If you get drunk enough, you slide up the banister Loony-Tunes style.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I choose to believe it was done by a toddler who ran out of macaroni and craft paper.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I hope resurfacing that parking lot involves a giant boiling kettle.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

It's slightly less dumb than snowpiercer. At least this isn't on rails.

But what if the line...wrapped around into a circle! That would be even more efficient! And you could use the space inside the circle while the line functioned as a sort of outer wall protecting the inside!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

This reminded me of that brief trend of painting teddy bears. Or maybe it was brushing them with glue. Either way it was awful.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

To replace the floor, you have to drag a giant ice cream scoop across it.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Please tell me that's a door in the upper right.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

kid sinister posted:

Even more crapper construction!

It's time for a Penny cartoon!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

`Nemesis posted:

yes, this is the front of both houses, both new construction

I kinda wish the front door was right by the sidewalk, and then a tunnel back to the house.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

kid sinister posted:

I have several questions.

One is the bidet.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Freaquency posted:

Future archeologists are going to assume this is some sort of dazzle camouflage to confuse invaders, just like the thing about castle stairs being uneven

Naw, these stairs were clearly used in religious ceremonies to induce a psychedelic trip.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Love to have a panic attack every time I come home thinking the kitchen flooded.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

when minigames invade real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

One of my professors wrote his own textbooks, but instead of publishing them he just printed them out for us. We only had to pay $20 for the cost of paper and ink. Best professor ever.