Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

He was breastfeeding at the time, so we hypothesized that in his mind it looked like a giant golden nipple in the sky.

These kind of lights are affectionately known as 'boob-lights' around my family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 2, 2004

My good friend's house that he recently moved out of had the main breaker panel located in a basement bathroom. Neat!

Oct 2, 2004

Amazing.

Oct 2, 2004

I'd be thinking the first time a heavy wind comes through.

Oct 2, 2004

I have what I think is that exact same dishwasher, and that would be the biggest pain in the rear end.
How do people get these jobs?

Oct 2, 2004

At first I thought it was a brilliant idea. Two seconds later I realized that it would only be warm after flushing. :(

Oct 2, 2004

canyoneer posted:

I had that in my last apartment, where I lived for just over a year. It was terrible. Hot water greatly accelerated the wear on the rubber items, and ripped through the slumlord-grade flapper and valves like they were made of paper. The toilet was broken every few months because of this, and was the only toilet in the unit. If it broke on a weekend, you'd spend the weekend fishing around inside the tank to manually actuate the flapper. I'd sometimes get black streaks of rubber inside the toilet bowl too.

Maintenance refused to fix the hot water source problem, so I just had to live with it. The toilet was sort of lousy too, and was prone to log jams. Doing two or three flushes to get rid of a turd plus paperwork is annoying no matter what, but when the 2nd flush fills the bowl with hot water and makes poop soup, it's even more unpleasant.

No, flush twice before you sit down.

Poop soup aside, was the toilet warm sitting on it?

Oct 2, 2004

I'd suggest spray foam only because a can is like $5, and batts of insulation come in bundles that are like $20+.

Oct 2, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

What is a better alternative n 12v applications? I mean besides soldering and shrink tubing.

I really like these 3M Scotchlok connectors.

You clamp them down with pliers or something and they are filled with an epoxy to seal them. I've had a 100% success rate using them for basically everything low voltage.

Oct 2, 2004

I did a ~600 sqft section of my basement with them with ~2" of clearance. It was hell. Absolute hell.

Oct 2, 2004

I'm assuming this story is from year and years ago. Wiki SunOS, the last version died out in 1992, so this is probably at some point in the 80s.

Oct 2, 2004

Can places really hold back deposits for lightbulbs? I've never rented, but that sounds stupid.

Oct 2, 2004

Begby posted:

So yeah......

How many lamps do these people go through?

Oct 2, 2004

I liked Disaster DIY on Canadian HGTV as well. Bryan is so dreamy.

Oct 2, 2004

When did that happen? The last time I was at the ROM was probably 3 years ago, and I don't remember it looking that bad

Oct 2, 2004

My neighbors are building a new patio and it is of the highest quality.

Oct 2, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Oh sweet Jesus.

I believe the back of it is either sitting on the ground, or attached to the rickety fence, there are 4x4s that are just sitting on the ground, butt joints are just made wherever they ran out of wood and are not supported, no lag bolts anywhere, etc, etc, etc.

This is in Canada too, so those cemented posts that are down 6 inches or so will be shifting the hell out of that come winter.

All in all, it's wonderful :allears:

Oct 2, 2004

Well, if you're going to do a crap job building it, might as well make it ugly too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 2, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

So wait, is that OSB they've dropped down as the floor?

I wish. That would just be layers of amazing.

They're just laying boards without any sort of pattern to it, so there will be two really ugly joints down the middle of the deck. I assume most people would consider doing a brick like pattern so it looks good.