Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What I like about this series the most is that they make it clear from practically the very beginning that Baam is one crazy motherfucker. Considering the object of his monomania it's relatively benign, but sometimes he still gets kind of creepy. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Baam is secretly King Jahad or his son, which explains why princesses can't resist his charms. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

XultheDestroyer posted:

So where exactly DID Baam and Lahel come from? Underneath the tower? Why was she out turning over random boulders when she first found them? Considering she seems to have met people other than Baam in her pre-Tower life, why didn't she ever introduce him to them?
He was imprisoned in the cave when he was very young, and Lahel was thrown in some time later. Lahel was old enough at the time that it seems like she should know something about why she was there, but it looks like she never told Baam anything about it.

It may or may not be important depending on whether they're from the outer tower or some completely different world.

EDIT: Also we know they were eating something because Lahel's stomach rumbles in that one part.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 21, 2011

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forget; did Baam ever get Black March back? She was cool the one time we saw her.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Zandracon posted:

New Chapter.

Man, I keep forgetting character names in this. Had no idea who a few of the characters were.
I don't know most of the names but at least the designs and personalities are distinctive.

Sleepy Guy, for example, owns.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

canned_fruit posted:

Also with the other real princess, googly eyes, does being a princess mean she's a ranker as well? How's she doing the test if she is?
No, it seems like princesses are picked before they start climbing the tower. They basically start off as super-regulars.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That stuff is also all on the ToG wikia.

So is the coffee-fanatic proctor male or female? When we first saw her characters definitely used feminine pronouns for her but recently they seem to have switched to masculine ones, like the "guy" in this chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Getting almost as meta as Medaka Box up in here.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It would be pretty funny if Lahel really is the good guy here, and she did that to escape his insidious mind control and creepy obsession with her.

(It's probably just his Protagonist Field though.)

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 19, 2011

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Also apparently her name was actually Rachel this whole time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Pretty sure it was just the name being transcribed into Korean then transliterated back into English. It's not really unusual for the official version of non-Japanese/Korean names to end up fairly different from fan translations' best guesses.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't wait to see what colossal badasses everyone's turned into. Five years is an eternity in battle manhwa time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I too was extremely disappointed that those were bombs and not containers for angry fighting creatures.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I have to admit I don't get it. Is the picture a reference to something?

EDIT: And here's the real chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/94964/tower-of-god_v2_ch9_by_the-company

Finally, a hot bath scene in ToG. :quagmire:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 4, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's not like you need to understand any of the technique babble to enjoy either series. Veritas is about everyone being a glorious rear end in a top hat and Breaker is about a guy adding everyone he meets to his murim harem.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I'm pretty sure that as soon as he took up his fancy guard position with the needle Baam paralyzed him and walked off. It's nice to see that Baam doesn't gently caress around when he can simply cast "I win" instead. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 24, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Depends on whether Black March digs dudes with long hair. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 24, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly I'm a fan of this pacing. The second floor seemed to drag on forever.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sorry, ToG guy, but if you want me to care about a character getting murdered you're going to have to put more than zero chapters between telling me their heart-touching backstory and killing them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hahaha "sorry guys English doesn't have a plural form of 'prey.'" :downs:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Sarcophallus posted:

I don't know why he's redirecting his betrayal angst toward Zahard, but it definitely seems like something that'll come up in future chapters - I can't imagine we'll get through this part without a flashback at least mentioning his FUG induction.
I always assumed it was because he's still not capable of hating Rachel, so he blames her betrayal on the test system Zahard and the noble families set up.

Maybe he even believes that if he can destroy the system Rachel will come back to him.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 19, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Where exactly does it say nobody's ever actually reached the top of the tower? I could have sworn it said all rankers are people who've reached the top.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, oh Koon, you are the best.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad that they went ahead and let us know Koon is onto her. It would have beyond belief that loving Koon would be fooled when she's that sloppy about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Holy poo poo Koon. :aaa:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine seeing something that huge from outside. Could be in space though, with everyone outside the tower in some sort of sci-fi setting. Honestly I don't think we're ever going to see outside the tower anyway, probably just a bunch of vague comments from other irregulars about what it's like.
The final twist of the story is that it takes place in the same setting as Blame!. :getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh hey it's that woman.

Also, I absolutely love the establishing shot of floor 21 at the beginning of the chapter. I wish he could draw backgrounds like that all the time, but I guess it must be relatively high-effort compared to the regular art style.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 6, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
She's the one that attacked Rachel and got her eye shinsooed in half by Baam at the end of the crown game on floor 2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

(I dunno why this is spoiler material since it is old old news)
Because the fact that she shows up in this chapter is a spoiler.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I remembered that but it's also possible it's just some dude who's really into Wing Tree and not Mazino himself.

-Actually, it can't be him. Mazino has the wing tree tattooed on his shoulder, not across his back, according to the wiki.

And c'mon, getting your own name tattooed across your back would be pretty lame.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 27, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, looks like that's actually Urek.
What makes you say that?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Some of the stuff on the wiki does make it sound like Mazino is the kind of guy who'd tattoo his name across his back and then refuse to wear a shirt:

quote:

Yuri spoke of him and stated, "He's the best man to fight with, but the worst man to live with."

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 11, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Use batoto or kissmanga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I hope SIU is serious about why Baam will never use Urek's attack.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, the impression I got was that the water he and Rachel were in when they fought the Bull was extra thick with shinsoo or something because that was also where FUG was hiding the lobster, so just being in it made him more powerful.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, they both mistook Baam for a girl.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Gotta get them ad views. :ssh:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

drat I can't wait to see the FUG team stomp everybody else into paste. Unless we see some ridiculous shenanigans from Koon it's hard to see how they could lose.
Well, one competing team has two princesses, one has Koon, and one has Rak.

So basically, they're all even. :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Being sneaky and smug must be in the Koon genetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forget, why was that team after Viole in the first place?