Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

Right - and the swords sucking as you climb the tower was from a blog post, the reasoning has to do with increasing shinsoo density as you climb, so they become more difficult to swing, or some-such. That's why Needle weapons are more popular. I suppose that goes for spears as well.

It was also mentioned during the crown game by another sword user http://mangafox.me/manga/tower_of_god/v01/c016/4.html

Are those blog posts translated somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

People higher up in the tower have gotta have some sort of defense against that, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

He managed to get Quant with it every time during the final position test and he's a ranker. I think it's going to be effective for quite a while.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The author's notes at the end are pretty interesting as well. He says he doesn't want this manwha to become "Viole and company" which is good to hear. The world he's building is interesting enough to not just focus on a single character and his companions.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frome posted:

Love already grabbed it and threw it into the glove.

Also someone needs to tell this translation group that what has an h in it.

I really wish they left out their "funny" remarks. They try so hard to look edgy it makes them look like idiots.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

It sure does! It seems a little odd the way they talk about Baam, though. I mean there have been other irregulars who could have done the job if they were powerful enough. And there are, since there are 2 irregulars ranked higher than Zahard. Baam seems special even for an irregular.

I'm guessing they saw him as easier to manipulate, he knew nothing when he entered the tower. They only got him to join them because of them manipulating Rachel into betraying them. I don't think Baam would've ever joined fug otherwise.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

Oh wow, how did that not occur to me. Good catch.

I must be blind but I didn't see this, what page are you talking about?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EvilTaytoMan posted:

For a second there I thought it was one of the princesses in disguise.

I thought it was Koon in disguise at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't read this series in forever but hearing about the anime got me interested in watching.

I quite like the animation style, it fits the art style of the webtoon. The voice acting is good, bit of getting used to Bahm being called Yoru but that's just something to get used to. The pace though, I really hope they'll slow down a bit. The start of the second test at least seemed like it was on pace?