Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Couldn't Byul be Viole? If so, it would imply she knows what happened to Baam.

Doubtful, Viole's name in Korean literally means purple. Not sure why they'd translate it as Byul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep, Koon is the best character.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No, but I do think Rachel does feel bad about doing it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are so many possibilities for Baam. He could be Prince Zahard, Phantominium, an artificial human made from shinsoo ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it might be possible to be an irregular from inside the tower. You'd just have to not get chosen and open the door yourself instead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty sure it's not a literal door. The one Baam went through just appeared on the ground afterall.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Apocron posted:

Is Baam really an irregular since it seems that he was expected/chosen? http://www.batoto.net/read/_/65492/tower-of-god_v1_ch76_by_the-company

Either he's a special irregular, or irregulars are those chosen by the tower itself rather than Headon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, I can't imagine seeing something that huge from outside. Could be in space though, with everyone outside the tower in some sort of sci-fi setting. Honestly I don't think we're ever going to see outside the tower anyway, probably just a bunch of vague comments from other irregulars about what it's like.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 2, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She beat the poo poo out of everyone during the Crown game, so that's kinda cool I guess. I don't think she's technically a regular though, so it's not too surprising.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hodgepodge posted:

Phantiminium is an exis, who are basically gods in the larger setting. So he probably could get someone out of the Tower.

Er, where did we learn this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah, the purpose of the Wing Tree organization is find the way out of the tower. They just conflict sometimes with Zahard because they have some different opinions on how the tower should be run. Essentially different political parties.

Some of the members do view it as a anti-Zahard organization, but Urek and Baek Ryun(current leader and co-founder with Urek) certainly don't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well it's certainly a lot sooner than I thought it'd be to meet that character.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't see it being anyone but Urek or Baek Ryun. Guess it could just be a random Urek worshipper but I think that'd be kinda weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Prince and Goseng are Lightbearers, Miseng is Scout.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He has insane shinsoo resistance, but he's still just a regular. Yes, he'll be a monster when he reaches the top of the tower but for now he's still not a match for any decent ranker, let alone one of the strongest in the tower. Notice how even Love was able to outmatch him, despite being taken by surprise multiple times.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't think of any Korean webtoons that have been animated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alca posted:

I may be wrong, but would the problem simply be that it's already colored and no magazine in Japan would ever want to print it regardless of the content quality?

He's talking about an anime/OVA of ToG, not it being published in a Japanese magazine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That symbol is generic enough I think it's probably not.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I always thought he was just copying Laure(the sleepy guy). I guess one-shotting the Bull probably was a bit much though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that engrish from the author or a horrible translator?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why does it seem like every Lightbearer is an rear end in a top hat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Big guy on the right is probably This Dude from the 2nd floor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

zerosix posted:

I noticed something, the rules don't say being shot by a black bullet disqualifies you. So maybe your still in the game even if you do get shot by said bullet?

Huh, you're right. I wonder if the guns are real guns or not though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 10, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hietala posted:

I don't know if mangabird is good or w/e, but they have today's chapter: http://www.mangabird.com/tower-god-144

Edit: Hnnnnngh, that ending! Is it finally time to see some of the Skeleton Lobster? Or was that 'The Thorn' that they prepared for him? Or are they the same? Oh god I want more. :cry:

Also, Amigochaz confirmed, but what happened to his wings?

Maybe they're just under his clothes, or some accident resulted in them being amputated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe Cassano is just better at using it and has spread it to both arms.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, can Rak change his size at will now?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No, Baam just used his real name instead of Viole with him.

EDIT: Thought you meant the guy Androssi was talking to, my bad.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 20, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hodgepodge posted:

Has anyone translated the information about the Slayers he mentions at the end of last week's comic?

Also Le Ro! But why would he even need to sneak around? Is there someone there who could handle a Ranker?

There are plenty of Rankers on the ship, including one High Ranker we've seen. Also unless you're an instructor, Rankers aren't allowed to be in the testing areas of the floors.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

big sperma shot posted:

He's actually a scout, apparently.

As people get stronger and stronger the line between positions blurs quite a bit. Most Rankers can be fill most positions fine, they just have a primary(sometimes more than one) position that they tend to fill. Hachuling is a Scout/Lightbearer iirc, like the FUG one that was on Koon's team. Another example is Ran who is a Fisherman/Spearbearer.

EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong about Hachuling, he's just a Scout who can hack into Lighthouses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheDemon posted:

e: The focus on "Mr. Mask" makes me wonder if we're supposed to know who he is?

The eye pretty much confirms that it's Koon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EDIT: Nevermind

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cooldude2.0 posted:

I'm interested in seeing Koon ruin FUG's day.

Regarding Rak changing size, I think it's done to him, not by him, and probably as a limiter since he's so great.

I dunno about this, I think he is just able to change at will now because that was done to him on floor 2.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sleepy Owl posted:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-75/?all

They keep Beta in a cage? :stonk:

Also, predicting that Anak swallowed a baang too. She's only attacking with three baangs here but we've seen her using four.

Seriously? That was just a phrase.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

This is one of those series that seems like it will probably never end. The scale of the plot is just so massive. I don't know if they've stated it outright, but it also seems like people in the world of Tower of God live at least hundreds of years or are immortal or something. They've talked about decades as being a short amount of time to travel up X floors.

Are there any other Korean web-comics that are as good as this and Magician?

Seems like the heads of each Family and Zahard are the only truly immortal people, but the normal lifespan of a person who has mastered shinsoo is absurdly long anyway(tens of thousands of years) so it doesn't make much of a difference. The only exceptions are Hendo Lok Blodmadder's(one of the 10 heads) descendants since he made a deal with a guardian to gain immortality, and that made his descendants have short lives(~100 years).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except their reason doesn't seem to be that noble.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Enryu killed a guardian to prove they weren't immortal beings I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

I feel like Novick is just plain against the whole turning Baam into an emotionless monster thing.

Like, I think he wants Baam to become the slayer that FUG needs, but would rather whoever becomes the slayer do so because they also dislike Zahard's way of doing things. Not because they were manipulated.

Are you mistaking Novick for the high ranker who trained Baam? Novick is one of Koon's teammates that was forced into becoming part of the team.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Each of the 10 families appear to have some defining feature. The Ha family has black hair and red eyes, Koon family has white/silver hair and blue eyes, ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I'm guessing him or Quatro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's The Company, the one that's doing it now. They're normally really good with translations(barring some light use of internet speak like OMG or WTF) so it was weird for them to mistranslate that.