Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Reading this on any of the generic sites does a world of crap to the quality of the image. OP, you should definitely put this site into your post. It keeps the chapters in their long page format and all of the art is in full quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Tower of God 60 is out.

Not much to say beyond the explanation of the test, but the bull creature is pretty awesome looking.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Chapter 62

Still more preparations this chapter but

this face is my new favorite reaction panel in the entire story so far.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Yes there really should be. I'd like to know what other gems Korean manhwa has to offer like Tower of God/Noblesse/Shin Angyo Onishi.

I've been considering it. That and describing it misleadingly so those who read it will have their expectations blown away for better or worse.

I've been contemplating making a Korean webtoon thread for a while because I read enough of them, but I've just been too lazy. I can put one up over the weekend though if you're not already making one.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The Manhwa/Webcomic Thread is up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3477030

Go post over there and tell me how I can make it better!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I recall way back when the wave users were getting taught by that dude in the sheep(?) costume that Baam mastered some part of Shinsoo control that the teacher (who was a ranker?) was angry that it took him ten years to master. So in these five years that passed, I have to believe that Baam is monstrously strong with all things related to Shinsoo. That could also explain why he was still hurt by the regular bombs used. I don't think it would be too far-fetched to say that Baam is easily on the same level as this ranker. But we'll have to actually see what is going to happen between them first.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Slime posted:

From what we've seen, it's entirely possible that Baam has near perfect control of shinsoo. Does he even need a contract with the guardian of the floor to use shinsoo like others do? I can't remember. Anyway, if he doesn't he could theoretically use up as much shinsoo as he drat well pleases, normal rules be damned.

I think this might be the case. Remember when Lerolo or however his name goes sent a wave of shinsoo to all of the regulars and Baam was all "Was I supposed to feel nothing?" while everyone else was knocked on their asses? I think back then his ability was instinctual, but now he can probably control it extremely well.

I would go back and check, but I'm still at work and the sites are blocked.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Frome posted:

This would be the best possible outcome.

I'm kind of torn about this because that ranker has the most adorable angry face. I highly doubt Baam would outright kill anyone though.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

MayLanh posted:

New chapter spoilers.

Hey, when a new chapter comes out, you have to use spoiler tags when you're talking about it. There's a rule about it you should probably check out. I've seen you do it for other mangas too and you posted a really big one in the One Piece thread.

Anyway, in regards to the chapter, I'm surprised that the battle between Viole and the ranker is already happening. I don't remember the author moving the plot this quickly, but I'm sure someone will get in the way of the fight.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Is...is that Magda?

Gahhh I was ready for another chapter :(

But that's Bub, a different unfortunate looking cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92G4RANUPV8

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Sweet! I really like where the story is going now that we have a set meeting place for the Part 1 characters.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Rahul posted:

The closest thing to an outright statement is by Hwa Ryun in Season 2 Chapter 35, where she calls him "Prince of the Red Light District." Now I have no idea if that phrase has the same meaning in Korean as it does here or what it's supposed to mean. It's the closest thing there is to a direct statement though.

There a few other things that support it.He has a red Zahard ring, something normally only worn by princesses if I recall correctly; and also he aspires to become King. Now for someone who has only shown fairly mediocre power so far, this seems a fairly unrealistic ambition to have unless he knows he actually has the potential to somehow overthrow or succeed the ruler of the whole tower.

It's about time for a re-read for me, but had Wagnan shown any real power besides his Pokeball grenades? Is that his shinsoo or just good explosives? I can't recall at all since he's basically just been a comedic/bait character so far.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I'm hoping we get to see Vespa's adult form that he/she has alluded to. I adore that character :3:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I wasn't expecting Vargrav vs. Androssi but I'm so pumped for it now.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

He really, reeeaaalllly needs to finish this arc and take off as much time as he needs to get surgery and fully recover. He's even said himself that his wrist doesn't allow him to tell the story quite how he wants, especially with fights. I've definitely noticed a drop in the quality of the action scenes and it's a little bothersome as a fan.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Good thing they didn't show Baam on tv, or else the rest of the zahard princesses probably would have started a revolt for the chance at dating him. Dude is just irresistible to princesses.
How many of them have the hots for him now, three? Yuri, Androssi, and Repellista?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I have to say it, but this arc has been really boring so far. It just seems like Baam should be a lot more powerful than he is and none of the fights have done much more than exchange a couple blows and then run away.

I really hope the payoff is spectacular.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Wow are we finally going to see belligerent Baam? Hell yes

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

I want to watch this anime.

Didn't Jojo play Roundabout as an OP/ED song? That was awesome. A TOG anime would kick all kinds of rear end

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

I feel like the stuff with the Kaiser is leading toward a new Baam harem member.

Inieta has grown on me too, I hope he joins!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

That was a fantastic chapter! Although Baam and Rak's reunion should be very soon so I'm expecting a wild ride :allears:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The big lady's sworn enemy being a toy NOT made of chocolate was hilarious and kind of adorable :3:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

I didn't realise we were slightly behind

Me either, I hope there won't be a lot of future chapter talk. I look forward to ToG too much every week to look at raws.

The temptation right now is fierce though

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

New chapter link!

Holy crap that cliffhanger. Baam has the Black March again!!! It's been such a long time, I can't wait to see how it's going to interact with all of his new powers. Especially if he ignites it.

These last few chapters have been bonkers.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

HELL YEAH Kaiser's back!

I couldn't tell a drat thing that was going on but the sheer amount of color made feel like I was tripping so I can't complain

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I love everything in that quote :allears:

Especially Evankhell, she's been a named character since the very earliest chapters and now that we get to see her in action she's completely stolen the show! What excites me the most is her relation to Rak though. I hope they get to interact as Tower natives

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I was interpreting her "needing to shed more blood" as the "clearing the way" part. She seems disappointed that Jinsung has mellowed from his pre-appearance reputation for basically slaughtering anyone associated with the establishment on sight. Also, I think she has a crush on him.

(Maschenny is evidently very C-Spam. Actually I wanted to post Evankhell's whole bit about how elitists should just die if they set foot on the battlefield with her there, but it's a pain getting the image files for that long of a sequence).

This is how I feel too. We got a small glimpse into her personality with the data version of herself (well done SIU) and she was pretty reckless and bloodthirsty to bite the hand that fed her in Data Jahad.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Didn't they get yelled at last time by their user base for this? Or are they going to preemptively release the fast pass chapters

The author notes are cool though, I haven't read those in years

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Oh okay

I noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors in recent chapters so I wonder if they don't like the LINE translator

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

I don't blame them if they do, the webtoon translations range from "surprisingly good (rare)" to "almost incomprehensible".

Also I love everything about Kaiser now, and somewhere along the line, I don't know how, but Karaka has started to become a lowkey fave. Which is kind of weird, cus just like a year ago he was starting a nuclear holocaust fighting Yuri.

Kaiser returning has been my favorite part of the new season so I can't wait to her in action. She was King poo poo of D rank regulars for 1000 years and has a really cool ability which now that I think about it, fits perfectly with the dog theme they're currently wrapped up in.

I started to like Karaka way back on the Floor of Death when he's talking to Hell Joe. HJ is talking about how much he loves media and entertainment from the outside world and Karaka is all, "I only watch the news" :geno:. It was a strange bit of dry humor but it made me start to interpret or at least view his character a little differently because I just straight up hated him before then as nothing more than an rear end in a top hat power-grabbing tool. Once we started learning a little bit more about him along with more direct screen time, he's become a pretty fascinating character who I'm very interested to see how his character development progresses since he's obviously going to continue to be an extremely important person in the Tower.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

In my headcanon, the only two with a shot are Yuri (she found him first) and Endorsi (Baam kind of showed her how to be human).

Although I would be totally cool with Baam and Rak disappearing off into the aether together, finale of Korra style

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

There is absolutely no way his plan to challenge a foe he isn't ready for will result in his participation in the tournament which was conveniently mentioned.

Which could not possibly have a game-like structure which allows his friends to be relevant!

This reminds me of a quote from a few chapters ago (I think it was Evan?) where he said that after living for millennia, a lot of rankers revert to a childlike mindset in one way or another. Games, competitions, whims, etc are all a lot of these old fogeys have to live for because they hit the Jahad wall climbing the Tower and had to settle for a place in the current system.

Which also conveniently explains why there are sooooo many out there champing at the bit for anything super exciting to happen. Something Baam is pretty darn good at!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

SIU's getting much better at portraying fights on multiple levels. Khun freaking out about all the crazy poo poo going on around him was great!

I thought everything looked really clear this chapter, especially all of the large scale shots.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

New chapter!

God drat that's how you make an entrance. With the anime coming soon, ToG is delivering everything I could possibly ask for!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah Khun strikes me as very mafioso in that he treats his friends and allies like family and is willing to sacrifice for them but anyone and mostly everyone else is an enemy or a means to some end.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Same here. I picked it up when it first started getting translated and it’s been reliably phenomenal ever since. I never really believed it would get an anime.

I’m struggling to think of the last anime I was so hyped for. Maybe One Punch Man S1 but c’mon I’ve been waiting 10 years for this!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-57/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=475

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I really hope she isn’t dead... But Khun has that new fire power so he’s an option too

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

It wasn't directly Baam's doing but I knew Karaka was finished when Hell Joe asked him what his favorite tv show was and he deadpanned "I only watch the news". Up to that point Karaka was portrayed as unilaterally villainous and a major thorn in Baam's side.

I don't know if it was supposed to be humor, but it caught me offguard and was very funny. Now they're just fellow students who want to do anything to rescue their beloved teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

If they end the first season where I think they will, that cliffhanger should be enough to get a lot of attention for further seasons.