Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

We need to send all of our cash moneys to this guy so that he can fulltime update forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Reiche posted:

The Manhwa/Webcomic Thread is up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3477030

Go post over there and tell me how I can make it better!

Maybe add correct pronunciation things for terminology since it kind of sounds weird if you just straight up englishify it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sarcophallus posted:

Early scan for 'Preys' 2:

http://imgur.com/a/ZEk0e

Magnifying glass icon in the top right maximizes, 7 pages total.

This weeks' chapter is really good.

"lobdevil"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

new translated strip by company

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hietala posted:

Unless she's actually the irregular, and not Baam. When she arrived on Haedon's floor he told her that she wasn't the one he was waiting for, and Androssi had a strange feeling about her and decided to avoid fighting her on F2. :tinfoil:

I thought this was confirmed.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Reading back on some recent chapters has made me hungry for some jjajangmyeon

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wish these guys preserved the webcomic format instead of breaking it up into pages...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sindai posted:

Use batoto or kissmanga.

They aren't as fast.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Safe and Secure! posted:

It's been hinted that purple jumpsuit guy is as smart as Koon, if not smarter. And no, he doesn't.

What makes you say that?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

OneDeadman posted:

Annarasumanara is a really good web-comic. The way the dude uses the format and lays things out is just beautiful.

This is a minor thing about something that happens in the ending, but I like the author managed to weave Na Il-Deung's visual gag into an actual character development. I love when stories do stuff like that.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Leesoo repping the saints with his lighthouse color scheme.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Decus posted:

Man, what a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what Wangnan can actually do here to stall for five minutes; would be kind of disappointed if it's just more comic relief again.

As for the hiatus, from what I've heard they'll be selling/signing official english language books at the frankfurt convention, so pretty cool for anybody in the area and potentially means we'll have an easy in to actually buying/supporting this beyond naver hits, if it even counts hits from foreign IPs. I'd totally buy Tower of God Season 1 in book form.

If only that wasn't halfway across the world :negative:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's pronounced "Puh-Gu" in Korean.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wait what? I'm not following this train of thought.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I've always felt that Tower of God is sort of like the One Piece of Korean webtoons. Not in plot or anything since they're radically different in that regard, but just in the world's scope and how big the adventure gets. Does anyone else get this kind of feeling?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shugojin posted:

IIRC no one actually knows how far the Tower goes. The "top" is just the furthest up Zahard & co got, after which point the Guardians get really hostile to progress.

Also it's got way more mystery than One Piece, which is clearly A Big Adventure that happens to crash through the structure of the world on its way. ToG starts you off questioning what the gently caress is up with the universe here, why is there some kid living alone in a pit?

Oh yeah definitely. I was just making that reference since both Tower of God and One Piece keep all of their locales relevant and feel connected. We're still getting updates on things that happened in the very first major arc and how those characters may still be relevant whereas One Piece keeps everything connected through its one page side stories and its cyclical nature. I don't feel like HxH really does this, once it finishes with an arc it's pretty much done with it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Panzerschwein posted:

ToG has always felt like an MMO game to me. You complete your challenge then move on to the next level. Lots of powerful people contending in a giant world to reach the top. Crazy items everywhere. No shortage of villains.

No that's The Gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I've been noticing this for a while now, but since when have swords started becoming a thing again? None of the named characters use them anymore, but there are a few people in crowded fight scenes that are swinging them around. Is the Shin'soo density just not as strong above the Test Room?