Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Lots and lots of unmarked spoilers here for anime only fans and it's too late and cumbersome to change that. This thread is almost 9 years old now. What a ride. What a train wreck.
I love it all, even the not so great earlier artwork. I'm perfectly fine with it, although it turns people off, Siu really showed character emotions with tiny quirks and had great planning and panelizing the series. The tiny details storywise really add up, like Khun's pully from the floor of test and Suspendium being an element brought up, and the tiny details in the artwork, like Androssi's tiny single horn and how her hair parts with it, so subtle like a roman nose.

Where to read
Webtoon

Series overview
MC-Baam
Left the hole in the ground he called home in chase of the only contact of life he ever encountered, Rachel (was Lahel). He's quite determined to find her.

They had 9 years and the anime forgot the drat banana. Now it's just Khun's infinite choclate bar dispenser gag... still funny.

EmmyOk posted:

RACHEL YOUY loving BITCH

The Holy Queef fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Go to original scanslators, The Company, thcmpny.com

The Holy Queef fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 28, 2016

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

HenryEx posted:

The art is so hilariously inconsistent in this, it always makes me laugh. He's pretty good at covering up his problems and shortcuts, though.

Also, those demonstration pictures are JPEG'd to hell and back. Not really the best advertisement for the series, you can hardly make out anything.

True that. His art IS inconsistent, but I was still fascinated nevertheless.
Not the best pics, but I thought it'd get the job done. I'll redo them when I get the time with higher quality.

Reiche posted:

Reading this on any of the generic sites does a world of crap to the quality of the image. OP, you should definitely put this site into your post. It keeps the chapters in their long page format and all of the art is in full quality.

Done, right at the top

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Looks like chapter 60 is out and 61 is right around the corner. Seems like they're only explaining the next test.

http://www.batoto.com/read/_/23881/tower-of-god_ch60_by_the-company

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Next chapter should be out anytime now... Last chapter's cliffhanger really does have me hanging. It really did change Baam's story if it was Lahel. Also... Its good to see princess Yuri back definitely. Took her all this loving time to finally show up.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
next chapter just came out 30 minutes ago

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/67045/tower-of-god_ch77_by_the-company

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Sarcophallus posted:

The raw is in fact out, along with a short summary for those who don't want to wait to get an idea of what's going on:

yup, they released some postseason shorts as well (comedy)

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/81506/tower-of-god_ch79_by_the-company

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
we now have a picture of the tower!!!!!!! should I update the op?

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
it is, but still the first picture from the outside
makes me think each floor is a different world altogether... u see em take stairs ever?
and drat, really? outer space?

The Holy Queef fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 18, 2012

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Let me know if you guys want summaries of raw chapters. I'm too lazy/busy to ever do full blown translations, but I'll be more than happy to write up a quick summary if chapters get delayed or you just can't wait for the scanslation.

Well, so far scanslators have done a really good job with keeping up with this series.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
The golden tower >.<

It was a good one i thought.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Sarcophallus posted:

I may have misremembered! There are in fact a couple of collections of the blog posts, between which you should be able to find most.

http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/4774-master-author-blogtranslations-thread-2-updated-2012-03-12/

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/244352-Spoilers-Author-s-Blog-Translations

Some juicy info there wow!

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Reiche posted:

I've been contemplating making a Korean webtoon thread for a while because I read enough of them, but I've just been too lazy. I can put one up over the weekend though if you're not already making one.

Title suggestion
Manwha Megathread 1: There is no Baka here

?

I agree, a megathread will definitely serve us justice.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
And so a new arc begins... I'm wondering if it will be about the same length or shorter than the crown game arc.

Also, I'll be gone for a couple of months

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Also, I wonder if Viole will meet Koon or ManGator first, either one will be great... or just maybe Princess Yuri?

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Einander posted:

If anyone is interested in actually reading this, quote the post. Standard
code:
"imageshack"
auto-ciphering applies otherwise. (Imageshanty really should be taken off the list, since that appears to be an actual site now...)

imageshanty links not working,
Cool little crossover though nothing important happens just cameo appearances. Hell I'm just glad to see Mangator has not been forgotten!

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
The full epilogue was way better than that short one!

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Is anyone stoked hoping for mangator like I am or is he going to be brushed off the stage?

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Silver2195 posted:

I don't get why this thread likes that character so much. He's just a Klingon-equivalent used to make tsundere jokes.

His intro was the absolute best. ... .....even if he's fated to be a minor character

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Mo_Steel posted:

I almost want to swear off reading this until it's done so I can marathon it, I want to know what happens next pretty bad.

Maybe ToG will run over a decade =P

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
I don't think any animation can do this justice

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
What now they're changing Koon to Khun?????? Gimme a break.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
queue George RR Martin

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Batoto is closing, The Company is not. I don't know if they have plans on making a new batoto or uploading new chapters to another reader but you can at least download them from the scanslators themselves.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
I was under the assumption that batoto was a reader made by members of thcmpny that translated ToG and others. So batoto I went. When did Webtoons start translating this, from the beginning?

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

RACHEL YOUY loving BITCH

amen

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Black March Best Girl.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

The music in the anime is fantastic. It does such a good job of creating an unsettling mood for the entire back half of that episode. Really makes you feel like you can't trust anyone about anything.

Kevin Penkin from Australia. He did Made in Abyss and Shield Hero. Before that he was working with Nobuo Uematsu, legendary composer for earlier Final Fantasy titles.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
I've been enjoying the dynamics between the slayers. Besides Bam, Karaka has the longest and character development of slayers as he went from seeing Bam as a useless vessel for the thorn to deep respect over how many story arcs now, as well as having the same master as Bam and Kalavan and the internal conflict he faces So many dynamics and viewpoints from their combined relationships amongst each other. Yama is just now entering his second story arc, so hopefully we will see some growth from him after his long winded intro which I thought was a bit dull. Didn't see much growth that wasn't plot armor unlike Karaka. White, though, has had quite the subtle development and currently has my interest. Not just with the recent chapters of the Nest Arc, but his character introduction was quite well done. He really show's how a slayer shouldn't be, but has moments of humanity then those moments being ripped away. Especially with the last chapter oh my what a small short panel showing that oh so sly moment licking his lips. Siu kinda showed thru early narrative that a slayer was a zahad killer, usually an irregular, but that was just about it. How they do it, how they are selected, what kind of powers they have, and motives all intertwining with each other, and using Bam as a staple wall to bounce these ideas back off of what a slayer really should be. I mean, is Bam really a good guy? He's single handedly starting a war for his own personal goals right now, and despite the narrative and the shown evils of zahad family, I kinda have to think back on the bigger picture, isn't zahad himself the good guy? He's a fully realised darth vader and emporer palpatine incarnate, he brought peace and order, a system to climb, a union of civilizations and worlds, and just sits there and chills. He's sure as hell got some character development with only a few pages of him actually being present in the present. And then there's Wangnan, wtf has this guy been up to? Why does he look exactly like zahad and why does he have his ring and how he's bro's with karaka. what a perfect storm we are entering... and only on floor 50something out of 134.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, slayers aren't necessarily irregulars, but irregulars aren't necessarily slayers either. It's just another dynamics of the class system and how Bam kind of breaks it. Gustang was telling Bam that he had the right to stand on equal footing next to the 10 family leaders and Jahad himself, but Bam appears empathetic to everyone but them.

I can't wait for the drama between Wangnan, Karaka, and Jahad.

On the other note, was it just Jahad himself who has the immortality from regulars or him and the 10 family leaders? I am pretty sure the psuedo-immortaility through shinsoo was before Jahard as the tower existed longer than him but history only started with him. Maybe there's people who have outlived Jahad and we haven't met them... I put my money that the first one will be an Ancient.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
It's Sous Vide Chicken. Then fried. Then BBQ.

Change my mind!

also

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, Arlene was so immortal that she couldn't even kill herself.

Does this mean there's a good chance she's still alive?

The Holy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 22, 2020

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Gologle posted:

If I ever start a business, I'm going to follow Augusgus's example of how to blackmail your employees tbh

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
There's also the fact that Enryu trashed the 43rd floor in Arlene's name. He might also knew of Bam and the destiny forced upon him when he left the thorn for him, or at least someone more suited than him. It could also be him not being able to use the thorn, hiding, or being incapacitated like you said. So many possible variables surround the #2 guy. I don't know if he'll make an appearance in the present or not either but we got plenty of floors to go, especially the 77th. Bam was invited indirectly by Yuri on the floor of test so there's gotta be some relevant backstory payoff when he reaches there, about Arlene, Enryu or maybe a longshot, Phantaminum. Then I see Phantaminum met Yuri when he broke into the inner palace, maybe prompting her to meet this new irregular entering the tower. "Phantaminum could instantly destroy the Tower of God story if he wanted to" yet chose to only talk with Jahad at the end of his journey, and he's older than the entire story, and maybe never making an appearance.

Siu has a definite plan to end ToG but it all of the tower being just a cog in his overarching story. What a brag it would be if he and another author were collaborating in secret for an ultimate crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
Sweet. Hopefully Siu doesn't get writers block like Miura