Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oooooooh yeah, that's the stuff right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I really need to see Ween on the 4th of July. With all sorts of crazy fireworks and poo poo.

Please let this actually still happen.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, what could have been. :smith:

Apparently Jeff Soto is putting these up for sale tomorrow morning if you wanna start a collection of Ween Shows that Never Happened. You'll also be needing this one from the cancelled Levitation:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

White Pepper turns 20 this week!

https://www.stereogum.com/2082757/ween-white-pepper-review/franchises/the-anniversary/

Ooof. What if they were going to pull White Pepper front-to-back in Bend on the 4th of July like they did with the 25th anniversary of The Mollusk? :smith:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

As long as I can watch Deaner play guitar in any capacity, I'm cool, man.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Happy Weensday everyone, a holiday my friends and I observe on this day every year, where we eat all the cat drugs, listen to Ween for about 30 hours straight and claw at our faces the entire time.

Which is unfortunately not happening for obvious reasons. :smith:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kvlt! posted:

is there a good (legal) place to get live ween soundboards even if u have to pay?
Ween were always good about taping, you can find a good deal of 'em on Youtube, archive.org and browntracker, all free.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigFactory posted:

Had some friends get arrested at this show but the show was still good!
I've never heard this show in full, but there's a good reason why it's the first hit that comes up if you're looking for a live version of Springtheme, 'cause goddamn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwWK3C3VFIo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bold Robot posted:

I wonder why they haven't put out a live album of any of the material since 2016.
I've been assuming that's what all the album performance shows have been about. I'll keep sitting around waiting for those Mollusk and Chocolate and Cheese shows, I guess.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

JAMOOOL posted:

iirc in 2018 or so there was some really weird and public drama that suddenly got deleted off social media?
That was Deaner stuff, which led to him going into rehab. As far as I know they're still both sober, though quarantine can and will gently caress everybody up.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man, I was hoping it was Quentin Tarantino polishing up the script thinking to himself "This movie needs to be browner."

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Live music is back baby, awoooooooooooooooooooooo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Always be puttin' The Residents on your posters. :buddy:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:asoiaf: Good loving god, this setlist is a mind-bender. They busted out Z-Rock and debuted Cornbread Red.

Brownbase posted:

Don't poo poo Where You Eat, Exactly Where I'm At, Captain Fantasy, Tick, Puerto Rican Power, I Can't Put My Finger on It, Mononucleosis, The Golden Eel, The Stallion pt 3, I'll Miss You, Take Me Away, Fat Lenny, I Got to Put the Hammer Down, Roses Are Free, Flutes of the Chi, Springtheme, Get a Little Taste of You, Ice Castles, The Final Alarm, Awesome Sound, The Goin' Gets Tough From the Getgo, Homo Rainbow, Papa Zit, Touch My Tooter, Wayne's Pet Youngin, Even If You Don't, Pandy Fackler, Ocean Man, The Blarney Stone

Acoustic encore: Birthday Boy‍, Cornbread Red‍, Drifter in the Dark‍, The Mollusk‍

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 2, 2021

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigFactory posted:

This is the conundrum where it’s cool to see a debut vs. you could have seen them play a much better song than Cornbread Red
Cornbread Red is a jam, but maaaaaan, pulling out Koko on Night 2 is where it's at.

EDIT: Oh gently caress yeah, Israel.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 3, 2021

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ween’s always been and continues to be cool with boots and streaming. Check out the bounty over on archive.org or browntracker for drat near every performance since the ‘90s.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Brooklyn Bowl shows have been upped to YouTube and goddamn, Springtheme is always the best. :allears:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I prefer repetitive album talk to “they’ve don’t even play new music at the shows” over and over again. Just what do you think Ween owes you even. Move onnnnnnn.

Every time I’ve seen Woman and Man live they cut the intro and I want that poo poo. Stretch it out longer if you can. :getin:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 6, 2021

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

...not gonna lie, I really do need one of those 30-minute LMLYPs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Had tickets to Oakland but couldn't pull it together in time and they had to go and bust out Vallejo for the first time in over 20 years. :argh:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Or a brother on skates
(a line that always makes me laugh for some reason)

Gonna see them at the Capitol Theatre in like two weeks- haven't decided if I'm gonna buy a ticket for friday, saturday, or sunday.
Do all of ‘em if you can pull it off ‘cause there won’t be any repeats, but night 2 is usually where it’s at.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

… probably buying GA passes for nights 1 and 3, have balcony seats with my cousin for night 2.
You're gonna plotz. I haven't seen Ween since Desert Daze, I'm so jealous. Kinda kicking around the idea of New Orleans since my credit was just upped, though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate. I’ve been listening to Ween on shuffle on the way to/from work the last few weeks and I keep skipping tracks- not because I don’t like the one playing but because there’s some song I’m itching to hear but I don’t know which one yet.
It's Albino Sunburned Girl.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Harminoff posted:

Mine is Vallejo. They finally brought it back but I haven't cought it live yet :(
Oh man, the big one for me for a loooooong time was The Rift to the point I had given up and they sprung that fucker on me in Troutdale. Also: it took eight shows before I finally got a Springtheme.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Outside of festival sets, every Ween show I’ve seen was on the dot 30 minutes past the scheduled time. Hanging out with Ween dorks in line is pretty fun though. Like an arts and crafts fair where everyone’s on acid and selling cool pins and poo poo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaan, I'm glad they've put Z-Rock Hawaii in the rotation.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

lol this is real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F22KpSTE5po

EDIT: The ep is even called Tried and True.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shoutout to the '92 Peel sessions for having the best Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese and a weird-rear end What Deaner was Talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPexCkuE8Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jhU0oRVEY

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

PNW goons, if you were trying to lock down the Edgefield show that's been sold out for over a year some ticket have just been released. :rock:

Hitting that and the Bend show, too. Probably cutting Marymoor 'cause they turn the volume down.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaan, Deaner's going off-book and the band's jamming on the songs they don't normally jam on, it gives a nice burst of unpredictable energy to the performances. :allears:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Good lord. :gary:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Awwwww yeah!

These got pulled from the merch table for a split second because the venue's name changed to Hayden Homes, I'm so happy I got one in my hands 'cause after 14 shows, this was definitely my favorite Ween show. Also the new(ish?) window on the stage background is loving sick. :rock:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

Jealous of not only your experience and art but that media collection
Oh man, turns out not going to and travelling for shows for two years buys an obscene amount of movies. I'm glad shows are back, though. Even if every festival this year's been kinda weak (Desert Daze. :argh:).

BigFactory posted:

Wow that rules
The constant storming really helped with the mood in a way, those clouds were loving outrageous.

Rained so goddamn much the band pulled out Cold and Wet for the first time in five years. :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AHpZf3Xpoo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you’re finding the earlier material a little too impenetrable (The Pod can be a rough listen for some), definitely check out the live versions. The songwriting comes through a lot more without the grime and muck of the production style.

For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nWpEhr3VyA

Versus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwWK3C3VFIo

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 15, 2022

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I need PNW shows in the summer. The last one in Bend, Oregon (huge storm followed by a double rainbow at that one, too) was my favorite out of the 14 I've seen.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

No PNW dates, but It's cool to see them going out on their first full-length tour since 2016.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm in that weird hybrid "Elder Millennial" area where it's hilarious because I know how much time passing bugs out my younger friends. I'm old and now you're old now, too. Welcome. My back hurts.

gently caress yeah, Ween team-up with frequent Residents artist Steve Cerio. :rock:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

moths posted:

Where can you get those? I'd probably overpay for the eels headed one.
Usually leftover show posters and variants end up on the official merch store:

https://ween.themerchcollective.com/collections/posters

They probably won't show up until after the tour is my guess, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah, bringing back Candi live. :slick: