Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Anybody else gonna be at the Newport show? I'mma be there with bells on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Millennial checking in to say I hate it too

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Honestly it was the only poster in here I wasn't jazzed about. I was hoping tonight would have had some weirder gems being the last stop in the midwest, but it was all hits and A-sides (at least until I had to bounce for early work in the morning). Much hay was made out of the venue being called MEGACORP pavilion, which is weird as hell, and everybody was super tight as usual. A keyboard solo during Your Party just isn't enough to make up for not having a saxophone, and the jokeyness of Piss Up a Rope just isn't cool without a bunch of old Nashville dudes uncomfortable with "blue material"

Guitar solos during Golden Eel and Buckingham Green were awesome, Waving My Dick In the Wind and Exactly Where I'm At slapped hard. Voodoo Lady was excellently mind-melting. Saw three people get wheeled out by police that got waaaaay too high. My first show I've ever seen sober, so that was awkward in it's own way.

I almost didn't go because of that and some wacky allergy shenanigans, but I'm really glad I did!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Really wanted to hear Freedom of '76 on Tuesday

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
:hellyeah:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

sporklift posted:

Happy halloWEEN

I love it!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've been listening to birthday boy acoustic versions almost on repeat at work today

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I definitely felt some exhaustion or tension when I saw them this tour. It seemed like it took a lot out of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Crosspostin'