Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Give me that trve Dvne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New High on Fire whips hard.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Confirmed, it whips. So jazzed to see High on Fire in a couple weeks, espec. like five minutes from my friggin house too. Last show I saw with my late brother was a road trip to see them in a weird little theater that was freezing cold & had signs everywhere for no moshing.

This go round I'm gonna get way too drunk and try to get tossed out for slapping Pike's bare belly. A man can dream

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's heavier than god's bones

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Jari still posting tons and tons of content. This one is killer and sounds like an unreleased Bal-Sagoth album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6cys6aMZX0

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
tasted a bit of lambsbread off the new HOF I am happy

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The new Inter Arma releases in a week and the 3 preview tracks are all heavy as gently caress.

https://interarma.bandcamp.com/album/new-heaven

Really curious about the rest of the album though, because they usually dip into psychedelic prog and dark country at least once per album, and these all sound more or less blackened death/sludge so far.

[edit]Yep, it's an Inter Arma album alright. Some songs a lot shorter than expected, but no less diverse than their usual.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 29, 2024

DrObrero
Sep 7, 2022
DVNE, Antichrist Siege Machine, Bongripper and In Vain all in the same day. I feel spoiled.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The vocals on this one are absolutely insane. Best performance I've heard all year. Check out track 6 for a highlight.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday
Feuerschwanz, folky pm

This one got delayed to early may. Dammit!
All the singles so far have been bangers.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
hello I’m on my way to insomnium/omnium gatherum at the gothic :)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

ixo posted:

hello I’m on my way to insomnium/omnium gatherum at the gothic :)

That sounds amazing, have fun!!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4QjMN1y5g

Goddamn.

Singers in order of appearance:

Damian Wilson
Daniel Gildenlow
Jan Willem Ketelaers
Simone Simons
Maggy Luyten
Jaycee
Hansi Kürsch
Mike Mills
Tom Englund
Anneke van Giersbergen
Marcela Bovio
Irene Jansen

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Goddamn, Hansi still sounds great!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I don't know if Edge of Sanity really needed remixes of their older stuff but I guess that's what's happening. Sounds fine, but I don't know if it's really better. Some stuff is clearer, some stuff sounds harsher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKMHlyAo9U

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Haven't been to a metal show in like 5 years. Seeing Pig Destroyer tonight at a Cthulhu themed brewery. Feels good

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I saw Mutilatred on Friday and they ruled.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I saw Mutilatred on Friday and they ruled.

Hell yeah

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yo what? New Cephalotripsy album just announced for July 13th.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

oh gently caress yeah badass art too

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I saw blind guardian for my loving 40th birthday friday for the first time since 2002 & caught a drumstick :smaug:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
These dudes opened for Pig Destroyer last night and ripped pretty hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INejW5c0quw

These dudes too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp-6BxP-c-U

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Been listening to some early Scar Symmetry albums and goddamn they know how to work a 7 string guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWAWD9Eqq0U

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Rexxed posted:

I don't know if Edge of Sanity really needed remixes of their older stuff but I guess that's what's happening. Sounds fine, but I don't know if it's really better. Some stuff is clearer, some stuff sounds harsher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKMHlyAo9U
Doesn't sound bad, the stereo separation sounds great, the snare and ride are a lot clearer, and the low end of the guitars sounds great by itself. But I don't know why you'd go through all the work of remixing Edge of Sanity's early albums and keep the one actual problem of the guitars, bass, and drums all stepping on each other in a big ball of mud in the 100-500 Hz range

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

I saw blind guardian for my loving 40th birthday friday for the first time since 2002 & caught a drumstick :smaug:

they still sound like they're kicking rear end. i saw them around 2005ish and it was an amazing show

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

they still sound like they're kicking rear end. i saw them around 2005ish and it was an amazing show

It was a fantastic show. I don't know their new stuff that well and I was almost a little disappointed that they played a good bit of it in their regular set. But then they came out for the encore and finished w/ welcome to dying, valhalla & mirror mirror :allears:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ozzy got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist on his first nomination. Kind of shocking to me considering Judas Priest had to get in with basically the also-ran award and are way more important to shaping metal history. Sabbath have been in for years of course. I'm aware nobody cares but the Rock Hall amuses me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ozzy got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist on his first nomination. Kind of shocking to me considering Judas Priest had to get in with basically the also-ran award and are way more important to shaping metal history. Sabbath have been in for years of course. I'm aware nobody cares but the Rock Hall amuses me.

I went to the Rock Hall back in January and they have a thing where visitors can nominate bands, and how many votes they’d gotten. Iron Maiden was the most nominated band and had either double or triple the number of votes of whoever was second on the list. And even with that, I’m pretty sure they’ll never get in.

They did have Bruce’s light up jacket from the Somewhere in Time tour, so that was cool.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

fartknocker posted:

I went to the Rock Hall back in January and they have a thing where visitors can nominate bands, and how many votes they’d gotten. Iron Maiden was the most nominated band and had either double or triple the number of votes of whoever was second on the list. And even with that, I’m pretty sure they’ll never get in.

They did have Bruce’s light up jacket from the Somewhere in Time tour, so that was cool.

I gotta see a clearer picture of that sepultura drawing :black101:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

i feel like that's going to get really weird as we get into the where metal became entirely distinct from rock. are they gonna put Death in the Hall?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is basically offline clickbait and everything they do is oriented around getting attention. They're not going to put in some band no one's ever heard of no matter how influential they are.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

i feel like that's going to get really weird as we get into the where metal became entirely distinct from rock. are they gonna put Death in the Hall?

They have put rap, country, pop, disco, etc. into the Rock Hall for years (this class includes Mary J. Blige, Cher and A Tribe Called Quest). They will not put Death in because they are not famous to normal people and the Hall is broadly disrespectful of metal as a whole. There are only four unquestionably Metal acts in there, and one of them got in with the bridesmaid award.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 22, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

They have put rap, country, pop, disco, etc. into the Rock Hall for years (this class includes Mary J. Blige, Cher and A Tribe Called Quest). They will not put Death in because they are not famous to normal people and the Hall is broadly disrespectful of metal as a whole. There are only four unquestionably Metal acts in there, and one of them got in with the bridesmaid award.

Is Jethro Tull in there?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ian anderson said he wouldn't go even if he was invited

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is Jethro Tull in there?

No. Tull, Thin Lizzy and BOC are probably the last bands of that era that I could bother to be aggrieved about.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Man I'm digging the new Melvins.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdJzgTQyvjw

Yeah, I'm digging their new album. That sure is one way to open a song, just right in your face.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Im too lazy to even check

Otoh its metallica, Judas Priest, Sabbath and ???

Like no Maiden/Megadeth/Slayer is criminal imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

stab posted:

Im too lazy to even check

Otoh its metallica, Judas Priest, Sabbath and ???

Those three plus Ozzy now. For added bullshit, Dio is not part of the inducted Sabbath members.

If you include everything metal enough for the archives you get Rush, Deep Purple and Def Leppard (blegh). Expand extremely generously and you can add Led Zeppelin, KISS, Van Halen and Rage Against the Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Are Thin Lizzy seriously not in there? I don't even give a poo poo about the whole thing, but that seems completely insane