Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Late, but my Lastfm list is...weird. It's also not very metal. It's like it only pays attention to only certain things.

The biggest mystery to me is what Evergreen Terrace is doing there, or from the looks of that list why I even read this thread.

Anyways, I saw Chthonic, Skeletonwitch, Devildriver and Arch Enemy tonight. Overall a drat good show. I've been wanting to see Chthonic for a while and they were great but annoyingly the crowd was audibly fixated on how attractive the bassist was. I had never really listened to Skeletonwitch but that will change because they were pretty amazing. Devildriver were dull and generic. It's will always be a mystery to me why they're popular. I actually prefer Coal Chamber, and I don't like Coal Chamber either. Arch Enemy were Arch Enemy, which all I can really ask of them. Man those were some good solos.

It should be noted that a bunch of local bands opened as well. I gave up on them when the second one was a Numetal band. Really...Numetal...in 2011. I was confused. I really wanted to tell them that the genre they picked hasn't really been popular in 11 years and is not really liked by the actual metal community. They hit like every cliche too. They kept trying to start a circle pit and it just wasn't happening.

Oh and lastly, on the topic of female fronted metal, here's my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vghuTrKZJAk

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I spent way too long trying to find that logo and came back with nothing. That "underline upside-down cross underline" dealie looks really familiar.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't really care for Slayer either. Hell, I've seen them live twice and was bored both times. I always feel I really should like them more but I just don't. I like Raining Blood and that's it. Every other song by them sounds like a less good version of Raining Blood to me. It all just starts to blend together and sound very samey.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, like I'm gonna buy metal that they have at FYE :jerkbag:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Easy Mac posted:

So the title song for Megadeth's new album is out...and all I can see is goodnight Dave, you're done.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/22/the-title-track-from-megadeths-super-collider-is-loving-garbage/

This is unbelievably terrible. It's going for something really lame and it somehow fails to even live up to that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Measly Twerp posted:

I just stumbled over this new release, I'm not sure what the gently caress to think of it.

Shining - I Won't Forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpyrbD-jeFs

:nws: Because tits.

I wasn't really loving this at first because I don't love this guys voice but it started growing on me and then the mother loving sax came in and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to look into this band

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DOOP posted:

So what is the best :sax:-metal out there? There's the Shining from above and Diablo Swing Orchestra of course. Anything else cool?

Sigh is pretty awesome and for me they are at their best when Dr. Mikannibal is playing her Sax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hammer Floyd posted:

How could you get bored listening to Lateralus played at an earth-shattering volume? Then you throw in the light show (which I dont normally give a poo poo about) and holy gently caress.

I got really burned out on Tool by seeing them twice. The first time I saw them they were doing "an evening with Tool" or whatever and it was smaller venues. Now Tool aren't really an intimate band so seeing them in a small venue didn't do alot. It didn't help that my favorite album of theirs has always been Undertow (which they played nothing off of) and my least favorite is 10,000 Days (which they played a ton off of). I also only think Lateralus if okay. Then later I saw them at a big venue and while the light show was way better they played the exact same loving set list. The only difference was they added a really long song off of 10,000 Days. Since then I don't' really listen to Tool anymore.