Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
So I need some help. I have never been a black metal fan, at all. But I fell in love with behemoth's last two albums and I really dug the most recent deafheaven. I saw you guys talking about abbath, so I picked it up and I loving love it.

Now I want to start branching out a bit into Immortal but I have no clue where to start. Or some bands similar to this abbath album. I really like how catchy and hooky some of the riffs are, which would be a big plus to anything recommended. Normally I go for poo poo like black dahlia murder, carcass, misery index, lamb of god, I'm a little all over the place.

Tia.

Edit. I also recently discovered...cthtonic? Not sure how to spell it, but the taiwanese band and they loving slay if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Really digging the satyricon. Thanks guys, I'll look up the immortal stuff before I go to work tonight.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Have you guys seen this poo poo?? Some guys robot grindcore band - he's a slave to the robots. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCPLboZF7o

Quite a few pages back but this dude is great. His drummer bot cant get up to like 400 bpm or some ridiculous poo poo.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Skimmed and didnt see this. New sylosis. Album drops in February.

https://youtu.be/dZDd-MwuvcM