Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaku
Dec 7, 2010
Any good folk metal recommendations? I prefer to listen to female fronted folk metal but I'm fine with either as long as it's good. :v:

I mainly listen to Arkona, if that helps any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaku
Dec 7, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Menhir/Odroerir, Pagan Reign, Korpiklaani, Trollfest (altho they are all over the place), umm, I am not at home right now but others will have some suggestions too.

EDIT: Tverd is also good, they are on my iPhone now, I totally forgot about them. They are the remnants of Pagan Reign.

Thanks!
That should be enough to hold me over for awhile.

Yaku
Dec 7, 2010

Stoat posted:

I like the new Mastodon a whole lot but then the only other album of theirs I really got into was Crack the Skye because I'm not very true metal.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for whatever the hell genre The Hunter / Crack The Skye are?

Baroness.

edit: Welp read above.

Yaku
Dec 7, 2010

The great M posted:

Confirming that both the new Iced Earth and Astral Doors albums are fantastic. Good to see both of these bands catching themselves after some mediocre albums.

Exactly what I came here to check for, thanks!

Unless you're horribly wrong. :saddowns: