Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

The video of Fredrik and Morgen (?) their drummer doing a medley from that album is pretty much the best drum performance I've ever seen. Really worth checking out.

That would be Morgan Ågren, probably my favourite drummer in existence. He's in a great prog band called Kaipa, but my favourite stuff of his is by his band Mats/Morgan Band. And yeah, he played on Sol Niger Within, which is also brilliant.

He's also done some stuff with Zappa plays Zappa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

If anybody wants to help me review albums and/or concerts, please let me know. You'll get the chance to listen to music before everyone else!

This would be good, I'd love to help if you still need it.

crazyvanman fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 30, 2021

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
On the topic of Alestorm and Swashbuckle, I remember Swashbuckle practically getting booed off at Heidenfest in England last year. They essentially and unsubtly slagged off Alestorm and told us to punch each other in the face.

They were so arrogant, no one was moving, they got angry, no one liked them, I'm pretty sure they cut their own set short. Oh and the music was just bad.

General lesson - when you're playing with Ensiferum, Heidevolk, Equilibrium, don't stand up there and moan about folk metal and people who want to do gimmicky things

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
Any goons going to Infernal Damnation in London next Saturday? Seven great black metal bands for £17. Anyone that fancies going let me know - I'll be hanging out with one or two of the bands for a drink.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
My friend and I are interviewing Vader & Aborted for his website next Friday at their London gig in the Camden Underworld. Does anyone have anything they want to ask? Preferably questions for Aborted, but maybe some Vader too.

Also, is anyone else going?

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Minto Took posted:

Vader is playing near by on Thursday. Is Vader worth seeing?

I saw them last Friday with Aborted - I would say only go to see Vader if you really like them. I loved every minute of Aborted but thought that at 75 minutes, Vader's set was maybe a little too long. Having said that, my friend is a huge Vader fan and he thought it was fantastic. They're great at what they do and played a solid set.

Also, he interviewed both bands - Aborted is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKOYKDgrfs and Vader should be up soon at wwww.metalrecusants.com

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

rxcowboy posted:

A couple of days ago I'm in the car with my son going to the grocery store. He's 14 months old. I've got my ipod hooked up, and I'm playing softer stuff like Sisters of Mercy. He starts making happy baby noises so I figure what the hell, put on some metal.

I've never seen my son get so happy and excited. He was clapping, happily shrieking along, and wiggling all around in the carseat. Apparently my little boy likes Motorhead, Toxic Holocaust, Svart Crown, Black Breath, Speedwolf, Sylosis, and Woods of Ypres.

Later in the day he fell and hit his head, so I decided to see if metal would help him stop crying. I put Jungle Rot on my phone, he then grabbed it and held it up to his ear and started smiling and laughing. And then went back to crying when I tried to take the phone away.

I can't wait till he's older to take him to a concert.

When my daughter was about 1-2 months old, literally the only thing that would stop her crying sometimes would be Into the Infinity of Thought by Emperor. She'd pretty much stop crying instantly and fall asleep before the vocals came in. She's branched out a bit now and likes to dance, but she still appreciates a bit of Decapitated or Dying Fetus.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
Any UK goons planning on going to Incineration Festival? The lineup is incredible: https://www.facebook.com/incinerationfestival

I'm not a massive fan of Carach Angren but it's their first UK appearance, and I think the same goes for Nargaroth.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
This is my friend's attempt to fuse classical guitar with heavy metal, it has a break down and a sort of blast beat. I used to be in a metal band with him when we were about 15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Yrun34A9I

Also, are any UK goons planning on going to Bloodstock this year?

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
Bit of a long shot, but I have a spare ticket to see Year of No Light, Telepathy and Three Thrones at Colchester Arts Centre on 29/8. Anyone want to come along?

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Taake released a split with Deathcult, not sure where it's available

If anyone is bothered enough, looks like this will be released here: https://edgedcircleproductions.bandcamp.com/album/jaertegn
But seems to have knocked back to July; only one track (a Deathcult track) available so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

I thought this thread might find this interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKX9OjNy_NI
(Warning: Nazi/Anti-Semetic content, it's a mini vice documentary on extreme right-wing metal festivals)

Seeing inside one of these festivals is pretty horrifying, I don't see how a band can perform at a festival like that without supporting some sort of hate.

Never seen the documentary Green Room? That's how.