Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Slobber
May 15, 2011
Does the Misfits count as metal? They're fun as gently caress and bitches don't think I'm a psychopath when I blast 'em from my Impala like they would if I was playing some of the brutal poo poo you virgins have been recommending.

Gimme more fun metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSLz5FeXUg&ob=av2e

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Slobber
May 15, 2011
Alright, Misfits don't count, whatever. They're only the band that was a huge influence on Metallica, but who cares? And the newer Misfits stuff is even better than their old stuff.

Anyway, this is the Metal Thread, not the Cookie-Monster-Vox-ONLY Thread, so can we maybe talk at least a little about some bands for those of us who aren't as tr00 kvlt as the rest of you?

I just got into metal about a year ago, and my favorite bands are Metallica, Anthrax, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, a7x, Ozzy, Buckethead, and Dethklok (just because it's funny). What else might I like / got any good recommendations for me?

Sgt. Slobber
May 15, 2011
General question to all of you:

What does metal mean to you? Like, what feelings or attitudes does it stir up? What other things do you associate with metal? What draws you to metal? What band or album or song really epitomizes the spirit of metal in your opinion?

Like for me, I think Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power perfectly sums up my feelings about metal. It's pounding and pissed off, but it's like a battle cry.
It's about turning aggression into inner strength and confidence in your convictions, especially in the face of opposition. And of course, the album rocks the gently caress out.

Sgt. Slobber
May 15, 2011
Yo, what do you do if some jackasses are hardcore dancing and swinging fists and kicks around, screwing up a moshpit? Should you try to be civil and tell them to cut it out, or should you just knock 'em over (if you're bigger than them)?