Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Went to Sabatons first show as headliners last night, not sure who liked who more: the crowd or the band. Just an amazing show, it's totally rad when the entire crowd is jumping and singing along to every single song. Sang The Caroleans Prayer in Swedish and let the crowd decide half the setlist, to boot.

Possibly the best show I've ever been to, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I sure hope this is the place to put this new single from Within Temptation, because it sure as gently caress needs to go somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6MpsDPKts

Dat vocal solo. :aaaaa:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Is this where we discuss how the new Nightwish album is the best thing they've done in the past decade? (Barring parts of DPP). If not, please direct me to a thread where I can express these sentiments. :v:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Edit: Pish posh, there's a better thread for this!

Rime fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 16, 2015

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Sabaton continues to put on one of the best live acts I've ever seen, fantastic performance and tight audio. How these guys aren't major yet continues to befuddle me.

Nightwish was underwhelming at best, they had the drat amps so loud that I could barely make out the vocals through the distortion. Such a loving waste of a century old opera hall, The Islander shone like a gem because they had the amps and bass almost turned off.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Nordick posted:

I dunno how you define "major", but afaik Sabaton are pretty loving big these days.

Oh it was pretty funny, they got a far more intense welcome than Nightwish. The crowd was chanting Sabaton for a good three minutes at one point.

I fully expect they'll be headlining instead of supporting the next time they come to town, and they deserve it. Their days of doing 400 capacity venues are done.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Alehkhs posted:

The album is out now. The entire thing can be listened to over on Arjen Lucassen's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSoR4EdyIo

I love this album, this is the release of the year for me. After a week of repeat listening it just gets better and better and better.

Goddamn, dropping swing 8th jazz into a metal track about everyone being slaughtered by robots is just so loving :allears:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
drat, Alestorm is killing it with these single releases. New album is gonna be tight. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Nordick posted:

God bless Christopher Bowes and his stupid loving band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4Czv1j3F8

I needed this so, so much this morning. :allears:

Album is simple dumb fun, I appreciate that Alestorm exists.