Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

gently caress indeed. I'm actually bloody devastated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Listened to Cobalt's Gin album for the first time in ages, and it's not exactly an album which I've never dug before. Now however, 've realized that it's a sludgy, stoner black metal masterpiece. It's also got the best lyrics in a black metal album ever, as they're about Hemingway (who also appears on the cover).

If you don't need a black metal album to be :black101: all the time, I can't recommend this enough.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 3, 2013

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

nomapple posted:

Gin is one of the most scouring, angry albums ever IMO. Arsonry is a pure outlet of rage. Cobalt are brilliant.

I dunno. I got anger and rage from Gin, but there was also a current of dark humour running through it too.

EDIT: I am illiterate.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 3, 2013

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

When I saw Children of Bodom (I went for the support band, which was either Amon Amarth or Cannibal Corpse), someone threw a plastic bottle at Alexi when they walked on. Why plastic, ffs?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Not Very Metal posted:

Going to Baroness on friday cause I need to get out. Coliseum is opening, anyone know about them?

If they're the Coliseum I'm thinking of they're a solid band but not hugely memorable.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

nomapple posted:

Yeah, Kvelertak are amazing live. Really, really good fun. I wasn't there, but at Download this year, the singer came out with an owl on his head. I reckon a Kvelertak live show is guaranteed to be beer fuelled, sweaty mayhem.

Kvelertak are one of the best bands I've ever seen live. Saw them once in my hometown on what was basically a mini-festival as two tours collided on the same day. They were on 2nd and blew basically every other band apart from maybe Nails, who I went for in the first place. Saw them again at the Camden Underworld when I was smashed and punched a bunch of 15 year olds in the face. Good gig.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Was playing a game as the Norse on Age of Mythology and had this urge to listen to Amon Amarth that I haven't had in ages. :black101:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The curse of Atreus is one of the most metal Greek myths too.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Siivola posted:

Hey guys! Is this the thread where a clueless moron can come in and ask for recommendations?

Great! I'm looking for something fast with clean vocals in either Russian or French. The faster the better, and extra bonus points for a female vocalists.

Speed up some Alcest songs.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Misogynist posted:

Riff-wise, Once Sent from the Golden Hall is the best thing they've ever done, enhanced tremendously by Martin Lopez's totally frantic drumming. I wish they would release a version with rerecorded vocals from Johan, because he's by far the weak link on that album. He didn't really come into his own until The Crusher or so.

You kidding? I love Johan's vocals on that album, he just sounds so loving into it.

Last night I dreamed that I was playing a concert with Manowar, Dio and Samuel L. Jackson. Just thought I'd mention it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Weaponized Cum posted:

Black/Thrash is the best combo

Yeah, everyone listen to Hellish Crossfire plz.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

trve svenska

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

All this talk of metal covers and I forgot Lawnmower Deth's masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJz6_PEu6Iw

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Xandoom posted:

So I'm a huge Amon Amarth fan and noticed they were playing in my city in February. Would this be an event that would be suitable/safe to bring my 15 year old kid brother along?

I saw Amon Amarth when I was 15, was either in the pit or headbanging for the entire gig so yes.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

gently caress. Lamb of God just cancelled the Norwich date on their UK tour. So gutted, I was proper looking forward to seeing them for the first time.

Fellow Norfolk metal goon? Yeah I was kinda bummed out by that, even though I don't think I would've been able to see them anyway.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I love how Hellfest manages to get continually amazing and diverse line-ups practically every year. On both Friday and Sunday (especially Friday) I'd be hard pressed to choose what headliner I'd see.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Xandoom posted:

So I was listening to some Gloryhammer and these guys are actually good. It is ridiculous epic fantasy-power metal, but I loved it! It's really fun music. What do you guys think of it?

it has chis from alestorm in it, it's bound to be fun and stupid

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Spanish Manlove posted:

Odalheim is such a good album but they're all worth listening to a lot. They get mentioned here sometimes but nobody really goes gaga over them like they do for Amon Amarth and that's a shame, Unleashed is so much better.

no they're not

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I imagine Boris lyrics make as much sense even if you can speak Japanese

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

any form of political music

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Durendal posted:

I'm partial to Sabaton's lyrics.

:ussr:

I can never work out if Sabaton are being entirety serious but i know that the vast majority of their fans are which is funny

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ElectricWizard posted:

Also, although not really a good band, here's a dude from Azazel:

that's hilarious

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Alec Eiffel posted:

Soulside Journey is the best Darkthrone album.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

has anyone talked about how cool tempel are because tempel are pretty cool. guess it would be described as progressive instrumental death metal if you care about that sort of thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emp1Ocl5VCo

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

russians :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

MikeCrotch posted:

Word on the street for Bloodstock 2014 is that he demanded smoked salmon and mangos be banned from the festival site

Where the gently caress would you get salmon and mangoes at bloodstock?