Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

As an Ontario resident I am contractually obligated to have a huge soft spot in my heart for Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground

That song does rule lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

Wet Leather rips

life is just pain and piss!!

Its nothing I will miss!

Life is just pain and piss and everything is a scam!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

symbolic posted:

thank y'all for talking about Woods of Ypres because Woods 5 is absolutely slaying me on this first listen

Hell yeah.

Count Thrashula posted:

drat I wish I could listen to Woods for the first time again

:hmmyes:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Legit very happy to see Woods getting some love from new listeners.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Vulture Culture posted:

Woods is hit or miss, but after David Gold died, the remaining members made one of my favorite albums ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxBTlt1GWg

Thrawsublat is loving great

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snowy posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard her metal albums but I like the solo stuff she plays in the forest

https://youtu.be/JF-jgV3EuIY?si=BFEzXciMgy87M20D

Her first two albums Myrkur and M are really good. The third one is eh and I haven't listened to folk album she put out but Spine is good

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

My apple music recap for the year was Ghost, The Damned and Cradle of Filth for top 3 and Nightwish and Katatonia taking 4/5.

I guess I listened to that new Ghost album a lot more than I thought I did.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Floor rules sorry

This.

Also good to see Tarja still making terrible solo poo poo that sucks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm still mad that there's no studio recordings of the Anette songs with Floor. The live version of "Showtime, Storytime" kicks so much rear end.

The first live album they released with Floor that was mostly stuff from the Annette albums is so loving good. I'd love if they just rerecorded those two albums, as much as I'm generally not fond of rerecorded albums.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/batYCsseqaM?si=W-pQmyUbVX4vFCXn

How do you gently caress up a cover of "Black Metal" this badly?

Oh right, it's Dimmu Borgir in 2023, that's how.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Visions of Valerie posted:

I think this was a bonus track to the Japanese version of In Sorte Diaboli so that'd be 2007-era DB: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dimmu_Borgir/In_Sorte_Diaboli/479876

poo poo still sucks, and I still do not understand how you gently caress up that song, but here we are.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh OK I thought everyone suddenly cared about core strength

I saw it when I saw Amon Amarth like 7 years ago from the balcony. It was hilarious and awesome

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CornHolio posted:

I picked up Dehumanizer on vinyl yesterday at the local record show. Also got Rainbow Rising. Dehumanizer is so underrated, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R-tSFyy0Gs

Hell yeah, Dehumanizer rules and I recently got a copy on vinyl as well. Dio Sabbath is best Sabbath.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 6, 2024

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Dusk and Her Embrace is one of the all-time classics for sure. I'm not sure if they have any really bad albums, but they definitely had a bit of a slump in the early to mid 2000s and I fell off then.

CoF was one of my favorite bands in high school and I still go back to the 90's stuff regularly. The post Midian stuff is kinda hit or miss, but from 2008 til now they've been knocking out good to great albums. The remixed version of "Cruelty and the Beast" is fantastic and sounds so much better than the original.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

This video specifically

Video rules and features Dead from Mayhem in the background of a few shots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Vargatron posted:

What's the best Cradle of Filth album to start out with? Something has snapped in my brain and I'm suddenly a fan of Dani Filth's vocals.

As has already been mentioned, "Dusk and Her Embrace" is a good place to start, either version really, the original 96 release or the "Original Sin" version which was the original original recording of Dusk, but got stolen by their label for like 20 odd years or something.

Cruelty and the Beast is another classic, and I'd also put Godspeed on the Devils Thunder and Existence is Futile up as more modern albums that are really good.

Principle of Evil is good, but very different than what they did even on Vempire, which is also really good. Really, if you want to hear an interesting evolution, listen to Principle, Vempire, Original Sin Dusk, and then 96 Dusk. For Dusk 96 and Original Sin being basically the same album, they're very different vibes.