Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Alright so you guys pretty much ruined the last thread with your terrible opinions. Then I honestly felt like I was in high school again because someone was actually loving talking about Machine Head. So basically I'm rebooting this thread because the other one was getting long anyways. What's going to happen here? You'll probably run it into the ground again.

So anyways I've been off in my own world and there hasn't been a whole lot of legitimate contenders for album of the year except maybe the new Sonne Adam or Necros Christos. Both of these bands put out stellar releases this year, and if you like actual death metal and not some clicky bass drum watered-downed technical pirate-metal jazz-infusion shitfest then check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU650Yc3590

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpS8NIJFyE

:siren: Oh yeah, and new rules: Gr31lly's and Mrbling's opinions are no longer considered opinions. They are authoritative declarations.

Ready.... set...... go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
New Toxic Holocaust is pretty good if you like your thrash a bit more metal than most.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
The new Opeth album cannot be discussed here since it's not metal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I do not have a Korpiklaani tattoo :smug:

But I am covered head to toe in "sunwheel" tattoos.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
NO! The Misfits are not metal. They are extremely generic punk. Now quit it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Sgt. Slobber posted:

I just got into metal about a year ago, and my favorite bands are Metallica, Anthrax, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, a7x, Ozzy, Buckethead, and Dethklok (just because it's funny). What else might I like / got any good recommendations for me?

Bolt Thrower.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I think the Misfits' biggest influence was on black metal... at least their recording methods and production quality.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Gr31lly posted:

That should cover you for death metal, aside from the obvious stuff like Autopsy and of course, if you dig NC, you've got to check Sonne Adam.

Both of which are in the OP :)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I just caught wind of Ataraxy, an old school death metal band from Spain. Very cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cZH_pgrI1Q

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Efilnikufesin posted:

Why the hatred for pirate metal?

Because it's a tired old gimmick where fat nerds who think pirates are cool get to listen to generic accordions layered over cock-rock guitar riffs while pretending they are living in a year where electric guitars never existed. It's like gangster rap about proofs by induction or 80's synth-pop about heterosexual relationships. It doesn't go together and everyone involved in those scenes are laughing at you constantly while you dress up like a tool thinking you're awesome.

Basically we're better than you.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm not really a big fan of power metal but I always have a soft spot in my heart for Finist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqyAQJ08kg8

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dead Man Posting posted:

We should just add to the OP a list.

done

EDIT: Errr, compile a list and I'll put it in the OP. I have no desire to check out any of the bands listed there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

Are we still posting hot babes singing awesome metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCafVpxbFgo

If you compose a list ill put it in the OP, otherwise no.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Gaggins posted:

e: Why do metal music videos always suck? I admittedly don't watch many of them because unnecessary shaky-cam drives me nuts. Can you guys recommend any cool videos? Some cheesiness is okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hsse_4UBS4

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Weaponized Cum posted:

In other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBSODmImPpM

This owns, by the way.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Bolt Thrower

To be honest, you could probably just post "Bolt Thrower" randomly in the middle of every page of this thread, and it would be relevant to the discussion somehow.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

fatherdog posted:

By that logic, Motorhead should have never released more than one album.

This I actually agree with.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
This is why there's the Gr31lly rule in the OP.

Also, Arghoslent is amazing, I think they are the only melodic death metal band I enjoy.

EDIT: And The Chasm.

EDIT2: And Infinitum Obscure, but really I guess all the mexican death metal bands fall under "melodic death metal"

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

QPZIL posted:

That's what I figured. But their interviews sort of dance around it. "Oh, ha ha, yeah, we uh, we don't consider ourselves a NSBM band. I mean, we share SOME of the NS views, but I mean, it's all about the MUSIC, ya know?"

I guess "some of the views" equates to hating blacks.

They also refuse to ship their CDs to Israel.

Grand Belial's Key's Kosherat is a really good album, though.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm never going to put a big list of youtube videos in the OP because I spent nearly 7 minutes crafting up that OP and I consider it absolutely perfect.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Feast of Burden posted:

I don't know if this has made the rounds here yet, but I'll be damned if this isn't hilarious on so many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQin6rnTzYQ

RIP Chris Barnes' career.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Speaking of bootleg shirts, I just stumbled across this:

http://tshirtslayer.com/item/worst-bootleg-metal-shirts-ever

These are all amazing.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Orbital Sapling posted:

The new Cynic EP sucks. I am quite sad.

At least they're consistent.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

MrBling posted:

Slayer are playing Copenhell 2012 next summer. Are they still worth watching?

No. They sound as old as they really are.

MrBling posted:

Of those I really only want to see Anthrax but there is still another 8 bands that haven't been named yet.

I would definitely want to see this.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

aliencowboy posted:

I'm demoting your objective metal facts to be subjective opinions in my heart. :colbert:

Read the OP, you can't do this.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I saw Black Sabbath something like 5 or 6 years ago with the original line up, and Bill Ward was jamming the gently caress out of his kit. gently caress Sharon.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cannibal Corpse may be my favorite band to see live. They play every song perfectly live and the sound is always good. Corpsegrinder was an excellent choice as a new frontman.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Misogynist posted:

"New"? He's been with the band almost three times as long as Chris Barnes.

Well, I mean new as in a replacement.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

The Clit Avoider posted:

A small sample of why Canada rules extremely hard when it comes to metal.

and lets not forget about these guys.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Bolt Thrower

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Johnny Cage posted:

As a general rule of thumb you should avoid music from Sweden.

Entombed, theory destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxR4zQiSHQc

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

RHTITE posted:

Slayer - Show No Mercy

The best Slayer album.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

rxcowboy posted:

So basically I just fell in love with a band I will realistically never see live. Fantastic.

Welcome to Death Metal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

rxcowboy posted:

With that in mind, what else should I look into? I appreciate the anti organized religious themes of most black metal as much as the next guy, but I'm more interested in hearing a band that isn't afraid to take a risk. I would rather hear an album that takes risks and makes some big mistakes than a flawlessly executed album that is basically a thematic rehash of material covered by other bands. I already have a shitload of albums like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLOw0-874

I'm a sucker for Grand Belial's Key.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
New Kreator isn't very good but "Pleasure to Kill" is a better album than anything Iron Maiden has ever released.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm really digging Ascended's "Temple of Dark Offerings". Any other recommendations for Death Metal with vocals as guttural as this?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Show No Mercy is hands down my favorite album.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've pimped these guys out before, but I'm going to do it again because I just introduced someone to them and their only full length is easily in my top 10 death metal albums (and possibly metal in general) of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R4xq9mgssY

Perfect 90's death metal, although I think their label hindered their success and they ended up putting out an amazing EP, and then disappearing forever.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

This rules a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Weaponized Cum posted:

Preach it brother. Let's listen to Church of Misery instead.

Church of Misery always has, and always will own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7eP-DFReyA