Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Harpos is the safest it has ever been. They have had metal detectors since dime got shot, armed security in the lot, and they no longer let 18 year kids in the back stairway for half price with glass bottles of jack daniels. Btw being 18 and going to Harpos owned in 2002.

I got my car broken into when i was 17 back in 1998 or 1999 at a fear factory show there. I loving love Harpos but nobody plays there anymore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEoaw95BLcI

Hey look who is on the new chromebook commercial.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
So who all is hitting up MDF this year?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Wyzt posted:

Year four for me! I know theres a few goons I see every year but I don't really remember their forum names anymore...

Yeah, I'm hitting it up as well. Managed to fetch a hotel 0.1 miles from the Sonar building. Should be a good time.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
So somewhere out there the junkies rock out to Sepultura:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_T058naBw

I have to give props to whoever recognized what he was singing.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Haggins posted:

Only meth heads still use steal portable CD players.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mETqQjkuKhU

This was released recently and it is awesome.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
No palm mutes? Get the gently caress out.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Defiant Sally posted:

Funny how this thread has come full circle.

When I get back from MDF I'm going to start it over again with an OP that actually has content and poo poo. Machine Head is like bookends for this thing.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kaiho posted:

Might pre-empt you on that :effort:

Less work for me, just make sure you take a poo poo on Machine Head if you do. If not, well maybe I'll do it.... tonight!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I liked the Slough Feg album about the monkeys. It was pretty cool, don't know much else about them, since it's not my usual style.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
So this seems to be making some waves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hAiCRCPFaM

Digging the reverby production.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
y'all doing gwarbbq? strongly considering buying some tickets for that poo poo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

euroboy posted:

He's scum. He's also a maniac who makes poo poo music and finally his fans will understand where their money is going.

Who cares where the money is going? He can spend it how he pleases.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I don't give a poo poo about ideology at all as long as I like the music. The dude could be Hitler himself and as long as the riffs are good I'd send him $50 every time he did a "pay what you want" deal on bandcamp.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
They say that his wife bought them with her shooters permit, but they also don't mention the kind of rifles they were. If they were simple bolt-action rifles then this is honestly just the government picking on him because he's insane. Nobody is going to do a Breivik-esque massacre with bolt action rifles. However, I'm done with this discussion because it doesn't involve youtube videos of rare 90's death metal.

Speaking of, some dude has been uploading a ton of that, including this rare gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSctWU0jl38

:allears: Gutted

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah that Monster Magnet song was good.

I still give Powertrip a listen every now and then for high school nostalgia.

Spine of God and Superjudge are legitimately good albums. And to be honest, in retrospect, for radio rock Powertrip isn't all that bad. Every time I start my car without plugging in my phone for music has me BEGGING for the days when "Space Lord" was played on the radio.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Monkeytime posted:

The (monstly) final lineup and venue information for MDF XII was just announced.

I'll see you there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Exclusive US appearance!!!

:aaaaa:

I missed this on the list somehow. Last year was great but this lineup may be even better.

PLUS, Immolation.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CSZdFEPl8

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 31, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Haggins posted:

Just booked my hotel at the Mt. Vernon. It's like $96 a night and close to the big lot area. I think HIE/Sleep Inn is still the best location, but I can't find any deals. It's like $175 at the HIE and $200 at the sleep inn unless you pay for a non refundable right now . I really don't want to tie up $700-$800 till May.

I nabbed (the last) room at the HIE that's right nearby for $135. I don't remember the name of the hotel I was at last time but they were pretty uptight and security came :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
It's been awhile since I've said it, but Cannibal Corpse owns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTinvL2I0w

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Also this whole "new wave of old school death metal" thing is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU650Yc3590

Necros Christos owns, Sonne Adam owns, keep it going.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Got my MDF tickets in the mail today, psyched to see these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU650Yc3590

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
look at all them fakerunes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I don't know if I missed it or what but Eyehategod has a new album out. I'm digging it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
All this gimmick bullshit has got to go.

Stop being such loving goons about this poo poo, christ.

my contribution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQMyOFHhS2k

edit: my contribution was already posted, either way: gently caress babymetal and gently caress that stupid league of legends album

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 30, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hulk Krogan posted:

They kicked rear end. Go.

Speaking of MDF and animal skins, there was one dude there this year who had some kind of animal pelt instead of a back patch on his patch vest.

Did you happen to see this guy? He was all over the place:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

First thing that came to mind, Church of Misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52tn2V7sYbA

I would have made the exact same recommendation, except I would have picked Shotgun Boogie as the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7eP-DFReyA

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

MrBling posted:

Skroll reminded me that Nunslaughter finally released a new full length album.
Its real good. It also has 31 tracks, which might be a bit much.

They did re-record "God," which has the best video of all time (the original version):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_T2DNUgB_0

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Street Soldier posted:

Hahaha. You seriously like your favourite band? Wow, what a loving retard you are.

If your favorite band is Mastodon, I agree with this statement.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

MrBling posted:

hey so if you have some spare change you can help Rigor Mortis make a new album.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rigor-mortis-new-album-slaves-to-the-grave

there's no way this is going to make it, is there? :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Came here to talk about MDF already.

Monkeytime posted:

D.R.I.
Funebrarum
Master
Tsjuder (Norway)

This was enough to sell me.

What are the asterisks for?

I bet it's for "currently contains a member who is under active investigation and/or in the middle of a trial and may not be able to make it to the festival."

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 15, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've had a blast the last 2 years so I don't see why I won't continue the trend.

Master is enough to sell me, and if I recall correctly, the opening reveals haven't really been all that spectacular.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

QPZIL posted:

Today I learned that Triptykon, Tom G. Warrior and, by extension, Celtic Frost - are from Switzerland!

Who knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEiQDQ1MyM

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jamming the new Overkill now. Could this be the best 17th album in a band's career ever?

But really, it's pretty solid. They've aged a lot better than most revived or long-running thrash metal bands.

Overkill is a band that I'm glad never gave it up. Besides the really twangy bass they used for awhile, they just keep it going.

And it's glorious.

Here's a video of some huge guys doing flips to Overkill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLlwuAJLY_E

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
EDIT: Sup ^

Oh man, the secound round of bands for MDF were announced

• Sodom (Germany) - Exclusive US appearance!
  • Demilich (Finland) - Exclusive US appearance!
  • Napalm Death (UK) - Headlining one of the nights at Soundstage.
  • Anaal Nathrakh (UK) - Exclusive US appearance!
  • Primordial (Ireland) - Most likely an exclusive US appearance. If not, MDF will be one of only a few US shows.
  • Martyrdöd (Sweden)
  • P.L.F.
  • Noxa (Indonesia)
  • Water Torture
  • Early Graves
  • Fulgora
  • Mother Brain
  • Pizzahifive

Holy poo poo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Oh poo poo, they're playing at the Crofoot? If I'm still in this region by November I'll be looking strongly at that (although I already got Carcass and Noisem once this year). Exhumed seem like they would be a lot of fun. I've never listened to Macabre.

Calling Pontiac a "C Market" is silly though. It's still metro-Detroit.

Nobody wants to play at Harpo's anymore :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Can you blame them?

It's unironically my favorite venue.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Varg posted:

more MDF bands announced..

AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - First ever live performance!
AMORPHIS (Finland) - Playing the 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' album in its entirety. Exclusive US appearance!
ARTIFICIAL BRAIN
BLOODBATH (Sweden) - First time in the US and first live performance in 5 years! Exclusive US appearance!
CEPHALIC CARNAGE - Playing songs from the first 3 albums!
COKE BUST
GHOUL
MORPHEUS DESCENDS

yeah I need to go to this finally

so glad i got my early bird tickets for this.

year #3 is going to be even better than the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Gamma Nerd posted:

Ever since they lost Marco Panichi I've lost interest in them :sigh: His basswork is totally unreal.

They have a really cool dose of classical influence and a unique melodic flair, I like them too. I'm racking my brains trying to think up something really similar, though. Maybe Cromm Cruac, Martyr, or Gory Blister? Some of the stuff on Spawn of Possession's latest album reminds me of them too, specifically Apparition.

Oh man, is Gory Blister still around? I really dug Art Bleeds. Actually everything that was on the now (presumably defunct) Sekhmet records was pretty good.