Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

The great M posted:

Confirming that both the new Iced Earth and Astral Doors albums are fantastic. Good to see both of these bands catching themselves after some mediocre albums.

Totally agree on the new Iced Earth. I was always a gigantic fan of Matt Barlow (probably my favorite metal singer ever) but Stu Block does a great job. So much better than Ripper Owens did there for a while.

For me this CD isn't quite as good as having Barlow back for The Crucible of Man but it's definitely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I listened to the new Iced Earth album at least 3 times at work today...I'm very slightly disappointed. I liked Dystopia better but this isn't bad by any means. Stu's vocals are better on this album, but after the first song (the title track) being loving AWESOME the rest of the album is a tad of a let down.

Still loving some new Iced Earth though. Stu Block is the replacement that they wished Owens was. He owns on this drat album.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

symbolic posted:

I got around to listening to Dystopia today.

Honestly, probably Megadeth's best album since Rust in Peace. It's pretty drat great.

I'm a massive Megadeth fan and while I wouldn't say best since Rust in Peace, it is a really good album. I'm thinking for now Bullet to the Brain, cheesy title aside, is my favorite track of the moment. I'm really digging it though. For me it's probably my favorite since the system has failed. It's definitely better than both Thirteen and Super Collider, which granted isn't tough. I didn't hate either of those albums but they're not my favorites by a long shot.