Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I went a long time without seeing a metal show live, but I went to vader earlier this year and got stoked on shows again. seeing blackbraid/gaerea in october and cattle decap/immolation/castrator/sangguisuckmyboggs or whatever in December. I need more patches on my jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
if the shorts are the appropriate length, you’d only be able to fit like 3 or 4 patches on there

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
gaerea/blackbraid/ wolves in the throne room live report:

gaerea: these guys are alright but don’t translate well live imo. the singer, mainly. tries very hard to be vessel from sleep token in his theatrics but spent most of the show going “buhhhhh… GUUUuhhhhh?? Denver???? GAEREA!!!!!!”. there’s all sorts of melodies that I like in their music that couldn’t make it through my earplugs.

blackbraid: owned. a lot. a ton of genuine stage energy, music came across really well, more feeling in it than listening to it cold. singer had some pipes, everyone on stage drank a ton, rhythm guitar dude spit in my face. would make a point to go see them no matter who else was on the ticket.

wolves itt: lol they suck a bunch, I’m already in an Uber home, bitch

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

They are addressing the crowd as a whole. The city name is the best collective noun for it.

wrong, the best collective noun is gently caress Heads, as shouted by devin townsend

e: oh also I forgot, I have a ticket for cattle decap/immolation/castrator on December 8th at the Gothic in Denver and I’m going to miss the show because of a work trip. if any goon in denver wants to go to the show, PM me and I’ll get you the ticket no charge

ixo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 31, 2023

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
new gama bomb,,,,,,,,,

https://youtu.be/fLwtDrjKXHQ?si=r5gtmAKQ6bwHjWfv

I like it

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I’m at Sunn o)))) and these earplugs are NOT UP TO THIS TASK lmao

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I missed hellripper, wow that's good.

idk if they're the best albums of 2023, but they're some of my most played (I'm bad at genres):

werewolves-my enemies look and sound like me - death?
tomb mold - enduring spirit - death?
graveripper - seasons dreaming death - black thrash?
gridlink - coronet juniper - grind
acid force - world targets in megadeaths - thrash
horrendous - ontological mysterium - you know what they are
blackbraid - blackbraid II - black
cattle decapitation - terrasite - you know what they are
necropanther - betrayal - death, discovered them when they opened for vader in denver
bolt thrower - the IVth crusade

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Has anybody listened to the new Necropanther yet? Dudes are Hella fun.

I saw them open for Vader having never heard of them before. they whipped rear end, and the 5 or 6 of us that showed up early enough had a great time

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
hello I’m on my way to insomnium/omnium gatherum at the gothic :)

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
who'n among you is brave enough to join me at the chaos/carnage tour on monday at the gothic in denver? I'll be the one with the death XX beavis & butthead mashup back patch

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah brother,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
chaos and carnage was fun, even if I did not find that goon.

review,,,,

gently caress yourself, vitriol, the zenith passage: man this poo poo started at 4:30pm and I had things to do, I missed all of that. I would’ve been interested in vitriol, not so much the other two.

humanity’s last breath: they were playing when I rolled in. Swedish deathcore but I swear the guitars had a nu-metal kinda flavor to them. it was fine but not my deal, and I hadn’t drank my beers yet.

rivers of nihil: these guys are in my regular listening rotation but I enjoyed them live more than I thought it would. great stage presence, lots of fun. bought the shirt.

carnifex: kinda lukewarm on them but I thoroughly enjoyed the show they put on. mainly just spent the time being in awe at the extremely large lad of a guitarist on stage left. the singer was super specific about when he wanted you to jump, headbang, throw horns, do a circle pit, etc. too many instructions for me to follow.

cattle decap: goddamnit travis is such a sick vocalist. very strong recommend to see these guys live if you haven’t before, they’re immaculate. someone grabbed my dick from behind during Bring Back The Plague which I’m not 100% sure I can credit to the band, I’ll confer with my counsel.

ixo fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 21, 2024