Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

The actual most formative music document to me is VH1’s 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock.
This, but it's the music video segments in Beavis and Butthead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

i have to admit that early motley crue has garnered a soft spot in my heart for a fun loving florida feeling on the way to the beach
The John Corabi album was the best album they did.

And while we're on 'everyone else likes the wrong albums by this band', One Hot Minute was the high water mark for RHCP, and Led Zeppelin III is criminally underrated by way too many people.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

White Zombie's 'La Sexorcisto' turns 30 years old today.

*crumbles to dust*

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

H13 posted:

I really really like Metallica and think they are the best.
Great Scott, Marty! You're trapped in 1988!

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Omnikin posted:

Idk I was away for a week or two and missed posts, did we discuss the Jurassic Park theme song guitar solo on track 2 yet? It’s incredible

I loved that.

Was there not a Gama Bomb song a few years ago that had the Tetris theme as a solo?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Dan Thrax

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

No Boston date, bummer.

I am psyched about that Napalm Death/Brujeria/Frozen Soul/MDC tour though. What a wild lineup, I had to do a double take and confirm it was the same MDC.
Meanwhile in Europe, later this year Napalm Death are on tour supporting...Volbeat and Skindred.

Yeah, me neither.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

12 tracks over 77 minutes sounds like Load to me.

11 tracks at 3 and a half minutes each, leaving room for a Dream Theater-esque closing epic, including a 12 minute Lars drum solo.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Bleh, the new In Flames kinda sucks..
I like it more than anything they've done in the last 20 years, but that's a staggeringly low bar to clear.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

New one from Cattle Decapitation

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xm5MnWitgM0

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

Gonna make a controversial statement here: Dream Theater is good, actually. Good cheese.
Agreed.

Fun thing to do: Listen to These Shrouded Temples by CoC. Then listen to the opening of As I Am by DT. Then think "hey, shouldn't someone else have got a writing credit for this?"

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

On the topic of top releases, why in the blue gently caress is Symbol of Life the top Spotify release for Paradise Lost? Is there a secret cabal of hideous creatures that love that era? It’s awful.
Looking at the most streamed individual tracks, it looks like their cover of Small Town Boy is far and away the most played, and has most likely artificially inflated the overall popularity of Symbol of Life.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Is this available on a t-shirt?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Nordick posted:

Cheesy covers?

Hell yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYz85Ydnvo

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Getting kicked out of Gloryhammer for being a creep is like being too right wing for the republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

You should all post your top tens of the year now because I want to listen to the good poo poo I've missed.