Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

This loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its comedy, literally one of the most subjective art forms possible. I though the xmas song and the sabaton one were amazing, some of the others are lame to me, but they definitely have the knack for nailing the sound they are parodying, even if the song itself is meh.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Have a bunch of busywork to do today at my job so im listening to music. Goddamn Saor is so good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Jari is the perfect example for stronger social safety nets because in america he would be doing some lovely normal job like the rest of us instead of making insanely overproduced metal albums once every 35 years

It is also extremely easy to see why ensiferum moved considering they wanted to keep making music and, you know, money.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

this is dope

quote:

Sonja frontwoman and songwriter Melissa Moore was once the guitarist of U.S. black metal staples Absu. When Moore disclosed that she was trans, she was fired from the band. She later said Absu founder Russ Givens (Proscriptor McGovern) told her “there was no place for a woman in the band.”

we stan a trans inclusive misogynist

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 12, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ift85e38H3M

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Its cool that Opeth just makes whatever the gently caress they want and truly does not give a gently caress about what fans think.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Monstaland posted:

I agree, just saying like a lot of people that their new poo poo is mediocre as gently caress. It's very bland progrock with nothing that hasn't been done before. I like ackerfeldt and I am happy he's making stuff he loves but I am not listening to it.

agreed, i like their prog stuff, probably only because its literally the only prog stuff i listen to and it sounds nice. i toss it on once in a blue moon and cannot tell you any of the songs names

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I cannot name a knocked loose song, or a Poppy song. I just think its cool any time heavy music gets a some semi-mainstream recognition or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuuVY__KQ0

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Nordick posted:

Turisas, a heavily Viking themed band, have a song "Hunting Pirates" on their album Stand Up and Fight.

The title track of Alestorm's album Back Through Time is about pirates traveling back in time to kill vikings.

Both albums came out in 2011, iirc some time after the bands had toured together for a bit.

Coincidence? You tell me.

Turisas knew and were right to mock Alestorm. Also I miss Turisas and hope they make new music again. The Varangian Way is one of my favorite albums and as far as concept albums go was pretty cool.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Nordick posted:

gently caress I'm sad now. Also gently caress all the haters, Turisas 2013 ruled. If you disagree, suck my dick.
]

I'm just happy ensiferum's most recent album was good and better than the last 2. Folk metal rules.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

metal is the best kind of music, even if you like slam metal, the inferior caveman music compared to Pantera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Guzwar posted:

Goddamnit I was hoping they'd go from unknown to Active status again one day :(

unless they die or get into a really public spat, there is no reason to assume it could never happen. just don't hold your breath.