Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I would say that Devin Townsend's Deconstruction certainly qualifies for album of the year. Some tracks are stronger than others, and people tend to be torn how he chooses to portray his message (through farts), but it is overall the very solid and original musically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Yo. I like to run, but my playlist has been getting repetitive. Right now, it has a stuff like Amon Amarth, Devin Townsend, SYL, and Septic Flesh. For some reason, Septic Flesh's cover of the "meow mix" theme (Communion) works well. Any recommendations?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
The latest Diablo Swing Orchestra album is pretty darn solid. I don't know why people were complaining about the Korny electronic breakdown at the last 30 seconds of the last song. It actually is a pretty good song that starts slow and mellow with a dude singing over violins and slowly descends into chaos during the course of the song. In other words, it isn't the main gimmick, it is a crescendo that the song builds to, which is in my opinion a good way to do it.

Other than that, the entire album is fantastic, especially the first couple of songs. If someone can recommend a band that makes me want to get my dancin' shoes on like this one, please do.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Optimum Gulps posted:

Just found out that earlier this year, Nokturnal Mortum's masterpiece "Voice of Steel" was remixed/remastered, and, uh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWyxM8zPKg
it sounds pretty good.

When was it remixed? I see a 2012 version, 2009 version and references to a remixed version I cannot find. Is the version on their bandcamp the remixed version? Spotify? Google music?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Is there a discord link?