Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jack Krauser posted:

Austin Aries blocked me. I didn't even directly reply to him, so I find that pretty funny.

I think he maaaaaaay have an account here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A. Double, regardless of if people agree/disagree with you, I think you should go on After Dark with Alvarez to discuss your feelings on this matter. People may be more understanding of your perspective of things on this if they heard it more in detail.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna RP as alex wright's push

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reks actually lasted a pretty decent amount of time before retiring to do Computer Work, similar to Blitzkrieg.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Venomous posted:

Is Jericho still contracted to the WWE while he’s on tour or what

yes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aries is a weird goon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst I know it is the accepted story, (and also the funny one), to assume Stephanie called him back to fire him again and again because he wasn't as upset as she would like.

I would posit another reason that she called him back several times. Bog standard corporate ineptitude. So he gets fired the first time, but nobody puts through the right paperwork, so then they have to fire him again, but this time the decree to fire him comes from several departments, so after each memo she gets she rings him up to fire him. Resulting in several phone calls.

"Hey Patrice, this is the WWE. Just to let you know that you are fired."
"Yeah, you have called twice already."
"Oh. I'll have a word to HR about that."

Goes to HR, they send a memo to her that says Mr. O'Neal doesn't work for them. Stephanie, being the idiot she is, rings him up again to tell him that he no longer works for the WWE. Rinse and repeat.

I know it is the WWE, a petty and horrible place, but I always try to never ascribe to malice, what can more easily be put down to incompetence.

there was a small series of photos taken of various wrestlers backstage before a raw leading up to mania 30 for a dot com piece and in stephanie's office they had the royal rumble poster hanging with a blank post-it covering cm punk's face. do not doubt the pettiness of the people running this company.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

what a dork

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it makes him come off really petty and im sure he was probably another guy stooging punk off like mercury did after punk helped him with a down payment on a house

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think from his behavior and quickness to :sever: relationships from environments that were toxic for him punk probably does suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder which is steeped into paranoia. we saw a lot of the same personality traits from ronda during her mma career and the way they both handle defeat probably is rooted in said anxiety and an inability to cope or deal with it, so the next best thing they can do is try and move past it and separate themselves from positions where they'd have to face it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And btw for those who say "Yeah but his upbringing!" Yeah that makes it more understandable but if Punk didn't have his head so far up his own rear end, he could also like, y'know, look inward and decide to work on cultivating a more healthy attitude about relationships.

That said Graves is a hypocrite and Punk not wanting anything to do with WWE as a corporation is 100% understandable.

Agreed.

i mean i mentioned it before but im pretty sure the guy suffers from mental illnesses that make maintaining relationships difficult for him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody loves animals and was a big donor at a local shelter in austin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hey if i was a kid and my dad was a famous wrestler id think that is pretty cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Thinking boring New York things are super cool is very Jersey.

die in a fire

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked the first two seasons of rick and morty.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

What does new jack have against brownie bakers??

i feel like there is a baker mayfield joke in here somewhere

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man that got filled quick

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bix is a good poster whenever there is any kind of legal situation wrestlers are wrapped up in especially when it comes to dredging up information that most media would miss and the important notes in said suits.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Is this an in-joke between them or actual heat?

they've had a friendly relationship on twitter for a few years now, dating back to when shelton was doing ring of honor

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the bullet club is very nwo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

underappreciated tweet here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Everything about jaxson Ryker makes me think about like bush era dudes who drive raised trucks and listen to three doors down.

giving me biloxi related ptsd

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the worst part about those types of injuries is having to learn how to wipe your rear end with a different hand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beer_Suitcase posted:

What did Rudyboy Gonzalez do or say? I've had a few people say they were not booking him and one guy cancelled a seminar with him due to "comments he made"

cut a homophobic promo backstage at a heavy metal wrestling show in san antonio

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Please just have a camera crew follow Becky around as she beats people up while going about her everyday business :allears:

just tell rovert to change his phone from record to stream

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the arquette stuff seems to be a story, we've had people at my work who don't watch wrestling talking about it. they're mostly concerned that he's run out of money :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so i wasnt aware that low ki went to the same high school as me but i saw he went at the same time as my cousin. i asked my cousin if he remembered him at all and he said he was a weird kid who kept doing karate poses in the cafeteria and got suspended once for going around asking people to pay to hit him as hard as they could.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

He named his son Blade

so did bret

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

only okay if almas follows through with excessive crossdressing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the deer wouldn't have been hit had it been driving instead walking like some kind of moron

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

coconono posted:

SANADA continues to impress me with his absolutely terrible taste in music

shut the gently caress up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like just "DIJAK" would be a killer pro wrestling name.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whats everything elite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they wouldnt have sent her to santino bros if she wasnt serious about trying to get better in the ring, esp with how much they wanted to push her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tjp is also a bad boyfriend who told his girlfriend she shouldnt wrestle like men

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Suing his best friend?

other way around but yeah he left colt out to dry after promising he'd take care of him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why does he have to yell the guy is blind, not deaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Were other people saying "full Russo," or is that a thing other people have said before? Or is it just very obvious that it's "full [two syllable word starting with r]" which is a problematic reference but extremely apt in this situation.

its been a thing since russo was running wcw into the ground in 2000.