Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

She stole AJ's clothes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

NickRoweFillea posted:

is yotsuba about to give the game some macho madness from the top turnbuckle

She probably thinks he's Yanda because of the scruffy blond-ish hair.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

His style is Tweet.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm sure JR is just commenting on not liking Kanye's music and Kim's status as an annoying psuedo-celebrity and therefore he's not happy the President of the United States is rubbing elbows with them. But jesus christ.

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Someone just tweet the picture of Nixon with Elvis at him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

I wanted to make that joke :mad:

You're the one with a TARDIS, fix it yourself

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Oh jesus.

I really hope Seth is actually cheating on his fiance because if my favorite wrestleman's career just got ruined over someone stealing his phone I'll be pissed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Roman Reigns posted:

Possible. I didn't think he was that bad prior to him getting injured.

Him and Titus were an amazing pairing, they covered for each other's weaknesses and played off each other to become so much more than the sum of their parts it's almost dumbfounding. Too bad tag teams are worthless in the eyes of Vince.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

drat, I was kind of hoping this was a worked shoot to officially launch the Brass Ring Club.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gonzo McFee posted:

When has a worked shoot ever shoot worked?

I don't care what anybody says, Russo's promo at BATB 2000 was godlike. Hulk Hogan being such a complete bitch that he had to quit and sue because said promo called him bald WHEN HE IS IN FACT BALD shouldn't detract from one of the best on-screen things Russo ever did IMO.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

It wasn't just that it called him bald, it also violated his creative control clause and if you are going to ignore things like that your clause is rendered worthless.

If you believe that, you believe Hulk Hogan's version of those events. I don't. Russo may have zero credibility, but Hogan has the balls to say thats the only time he ever invoked his CC, which we KNOW is a BALD faced lie.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

If I believe that I believe the court documents.

Ah, I forgot that the other half of the suit was upheld. I was remembering that the defamation claim got laughed out of court for being baseless, and didn't remember that the judge reasoned that having a match after Hogan's match and saying Hogan's win didn't count and his belt wasn't real amounted to taking his ability to control the match finish and his character away from him.

I think that ruling is bullshit, but whatever, that's why we have judges.

Regardless, I think that it's clear that Hogan would not have filed the suit in the first place if he wasn't a big baby throwing a tantrum because the promo was too mean. If, as Russo has stated, Hulk walking out with the belt and coming back later to face the Champion they crowned in his place was the story, the entire lawsuit was a crock. The fact that the judge sided with Hulk's interpretation of the CC clause was just good fortune and could have easily gone the other way. That's why lawyers always tell their clients to avoid court and try to settle.

EDIT: Anyway, I think it was a good promo, which was really the point of the topic. The fallout that resulted doesn't have much bearing on that opinion.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

yea ok posted:

actually, fucker, the point that you said was that it was a good worked shoot that worked..and you got owned. so own that and wipe your face off!!

I think I'm just going to laugh and hug a small child and pretend the entire conversation didn't mean anything so whether I won or lost is ultimately inconsequential.

Love me or hate me, you have to respect me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gonzo McFee posted:

The sheer horror that must go with being a woman wrestler never stops surprising me.

I really don't think it's any worse than being a woman celebrity of any type. Or a male celebrity for that matter. There are plenty of female and gay creepers on the interweb who's descriptions of what they would do to Tom Cruise or George Clooney would make you want to hide under your bed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

pressedbunny posted:

Suddenly the Paige stalkers seem reasonable.

Nah, even somebody doing weird wwe roleplaying fan fiction as roman reigns and aj lee's daughter and apparently little dean Ambrose's big sister isn't as bad as spending 16 grand on preworn t-shirts for assumedly masturbation. There's no level higher than that except the Sonichu level.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I guess Stephanie was on her list for National Spay Day

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Liar Lyre posted:

Since we're talking about Vince's Twitter account, he's still following CM Punk.

Aren't him and vince like, frenemies or something? They used to tweet each other about dumb crap at 1am? And doesn't Vince tend to have respect for dudes who stand up to him even if they burn him in the process? I dunno, seems reasonable he's still be following.

Either that or he doesn't know how his twitter works.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Alain Post posted:

it's just his word, but Punk said that Vince was literally in tears when Punk walked out of his last meeting with Vince/Hunter.

Vince McMahon really is an enigma.

A charismatic enigma even.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hey the Power Plant produced such stars as

Chuck Palumbo trained at the Power Plant right? He was kind of fun.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SirDippingSauce posted:

I wonder how many fans here who casually throw that slur around like it's going out of style will react with an indie & NXT darling revealed as part of a campaign to literally make it go out of style.

I wonder how many will make some kind of Irish slur joke in response.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ribsauce posted:

It can be both.

It can be, but it's pretty lovely that Corporate America is using charity as a smokescreen to deflect attention and buy public forgiveness for the lovely things they do. Maybe it doesn't hurt to think about that before handing out the attaboys to the billion dollar companies tossing out relative pennies.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Yes? I'm just contributing my opinion to the topic of why Stephanie tweeting that should be frowned upon and why "But she gives to charity, who cares about her motives," isn't a good defense.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Stop making me love you Hideo, I won't be able to take it when they ruin you :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Hillary Clinton is probably going to be President because the second she announced she was running officially, all her opponents dropped everything they were doing in favor of talking about her. Nothing else matters except Hillary, you don't have any beliefs or agenda anymore because you have to spend all your time talking about Hillary's and how bad they are, you don't have a past or a history anymore because you have to spend all your time discussing Hillary's and how they're nothing but mistakes and screwups, and if you do have any defining traits of your own they only exist in direct reference to how they're different from Hillary's.

Overnight American politics became Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TheJoker138 posted:

It's been like this since at least Obama.

Yeah, but that would have undermined my jokey joke so I pointedly ignored it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Defiance Industries posted:

Cena's favorite anime is Fist of the North Star so @JohnCenaKenshiro is more appropriate.

ATATATATATATATATtitude adjustment

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gavok posted:

I'm imagining an alternate reality where WCW brought in Warrior in the mid-90's and rebuilt the company around him instead of Hogan while running through the same angles and the idea of Warrior vs. the Dungeon of Doom is blowing my mind.

That would make for a fascinating TEW mod.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

njsykora posted:

It's really sprang up as something everyone is saying lately though.

I started using it regularly the last couple years because on Super Best Friends Play videos/podcasts it's one of their big catchphrase deals. If you're talking about "everyone," in terms of internet nerd message boards that's probably a major factor for many other people considering how popular their podcast seems to be. If you're talking about real life and/or more mainstream folks, I dunno.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Mob posted:

If you ever tell anyone to stay classy for any reason you should be thrown off a cliff

What if you're an anchorman?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Biosys posted:

Shawn Michaels, a man noted for working a down to earth, realistic style.

Also we all know that Dwayne "The Rock," Johnson never showed any predilection for crowd-pleasing spots and would never treat selling his injuries as an afterthought in order to play to said crowd.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

AlmightyPants posted:

This has been on my mind lately, but if Owens doesn't lose it until his match with Finn then the Linear Champion could be in NXT. Which is weird.

Reminds me of the time I researched the WCW Linear Championship for the Monday Night War TEW thread. Unless I missed something after Flair brought it over during his WWF run, it eventually became unified with the WWF title in the Bret/Shawn Mania Ironman match. Along the way it passed through NJPW, several low-level indy promotions thanks to Yokozuna and Lawler, and temporarily belonged to Mable/Big Daddy V during his King of the Ring run.

The funny thing is, it probably would have come back to WCW at some point during the Monday Night War if Flair had dropped it to Savage in their Mania match. Either Savage or Warrior would have brought it back. But prior to that feud Hogan beat him clean in EXACTLY ONE match in their huge run of House Show matches before that feud, and Hogan did EXACTLY ONE clean singles match job before leaving the company, to Yoko the month after Mania 9.

I stopped researching after 1996 so I could follow our in-thread continuity rather than real life. I should go back and find out where that WCW Lineal Title ended up at some point.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Junpei Hyde posted:

Out of curiosity, who's linear champ in thread continuity?

Checking the WWF Lineal Title page, it turns out that in that same Bret vs Shawn Iron Man match at Mania 12 the Lineal Title was reunited with the Title Belt because Diesel won the LT at a house show and Bret won it off him. Therefore the lineal WWF Champion is the ACTUAL WWF Champion, that being Cactus Jack aka Mick Foley.

Interestingly, this also means that at Mania 12 Bret and Shawn unified the Lineal WWF and Lineal WCW Championships. Which I suppose in the thread makes Foley the Lineal Undisputed Champion. It also means IRL the WCW Lineal Title stayed unified with the Lineal WWF title, and now they can never be split again. The WCW belt was unified with the WWE belt long before the lineal title went a year without being defended and was dropped to the current WWE Champ (by Edge to CM Punk in 2011).

In the thread's continuity, the rules would dictate the WCW lineal title would be awarded to the current WCW Champion (and the same with the WWF title for that matter) when/if the Lineal Undisputed Champ went a year without defending it.

All of which just makes me want to figure out who the ECW Lineal Champion is.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia posted:

All of which just makes me want to figure out who the ECW Lineal Champion is.

Forgive my double post, but I spent the last over-an-hour actually doing this because my curiosity could not be sated. I may do a longer post at some point in the WWE General thread or the TEW Monday Night thread, but suffice to say the history of the ECW Lineal Championship is even more hilarious than you might think it is. Case in point: At our game's current date, October 1997, the real life* ECW Lineal Championship was most recently decided at a match hosted by Japanese indy fed "Kingdom," which existed for less than one full year. It was at the Kingdom One Night Million Yen Tournament, on August 22nd.

The match was between ECW Lineal Champion Katsumi Usuda and Challenger Alexander Otsuka. The result of the match is unknown (at least to the German guy who posted the card) and is the only match from the show whose outcome is unknown. I went forward on the assumption Otsuka won and came to possibly the single most hilarious possible ending. I might trace the title lineage from the outcome that Usuda won tomorrow and see if it ends up someplace even funnier.

*Note - none of the changes to the timeline in our game effect the status of the ECW lineal title as far as I can tell.

EDIT:

ayn rand hand job posted:

Where do you start the chain? When it was Eastern Championship Wrestling or actual ECW?

I started the chain from Shane Douglas, but I misread the date and started during his 1993 run as Eastern CW champion rather than his 94 reign as Extreme CW champion. I'll have to start from Snuka and see if anything screws up the line to the point where I began.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 8, 2015

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm starting to hate Chris Benoit bringing it to Japan and getting it involved in G1 Climax.

Well I finished my new trace starting from Snuka as inaugural champion, and by my reckoning Benoit never had it. So somebody screwed up somewhere. Probably me because I haven't slept. I'll go do that and double-check my work.

The funny thing is that this chain AND my original gently caress-up chain both ended the same way. The title gets vacated due to non-defense a couple of years AFTER ECW closed down. So at that point either the Lineal Title dies, reverts to the last champion (Rhyno), or comes back when WWE revives ECW and crowns RVD first champion in '06.

I chose the last option because according to my research it leads to the funniest possible ending: 6 days after winning the WWE Lineal Title from Shane McMahon, Bobby Lashley inexplicably wins clean over ECW Lineal Champion Randy Orton on a house show and unifies all three Monday Night Wars faction Lineal Championships. Two weeks later her ceremonially brings it home by beating Vince McMahon for the ECW Championship.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Probably redo the trace later, with taking notes.

Well, here's my final results starting from Snuka. Posted to the General Thread.

This is IRL to any TEW peeps. Feel free to use my notes to figure out where the timeline diverged though.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723556&pagenumber=23#post446315109

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Dudley Boyz returning to feud with Rowan and Harper while PTP continue to feud with New Day, maybe even eventually setting up a big title feud between the winners, would own.

The Tag Division is so close to being fully realized and great, Bubba and D-Von could put it over the top.

I realize this has been said at least four times in the last several years and I'm OK with saying it again because it remains true.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Dexie posted:

Meanwhile, on the Tough Enough side of the company:

https://twitter.com/ToughGiorgia/status/618113537886425088/photo/1

People were worried Emma shoplifted her new swimsuit, but going by this I'd say she just stole the bottoms from this girl.

Although I guess that doesn't PRECLUDE her from having shoplifted the top.

We need Matlock.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Matlock was a defense attorney. What are you saying here, Sanguinia

Grandpa Simpson told me Matlock found culprits. Was he lying to me? :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Mob posted:

You know you guys might as well be arguing why people on Game of Thrones or Lost don't like each other.

Ned screwed Ned.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

goc posted:

Because he talks a lot of poo poo. That I can no longer read :(

I heard it was Honky's fault that DiBiase never got to be WWF Champion, so I say you're better off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I went to the shoe store and bought some New Day Crocs