Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Who the gently caress is this guy? Who bodysnatched Mojo Rawley? Like, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

AkumaHokoru posted:

yeap just got more hype for something they wont play up but ill enjoy in my own headcannon

They say Kairi Sane is covered with countless scars from countless battles, but there isn't a single one on her back...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Mad shade thrown at both TNA and the Confederacy by Cody

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

"I love your family."

You certainly did Eddie.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

He has a heel persona to maintain. But he could easily draw line between that and his real/positive side of him. But he to revert to just being a dick.

Rovert, I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt that you know what you're talking about vis a vis Lars, that maybe he has changed from who he was when he made those posts which is why I've generally chosen not join in on the shitposting and dogpiling about him until more evidence appeared. But that tweet is open alt right dogwhistling, full stop. His heel persona is a silent sociopathic killer, complete with 80s Horror Movie entrance music. He's not evoking the vocabulary of white nationalism and neo-nazism for the sake of his loving character. Come on.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

I honestly don't read rovert's post as anything beyond saying it would have been nice if Lars had taken this opportunity to maintain a heel persona within his (largely company-mandated requirements for a) social media presence, without openly being a huge piece of poo poo like the literal white supremacist he is, and that he (rovert) is sad that he didn't do that instead.

Or in other words, you both (and me, too!) dislike literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan for continuing to be a piece of poo poo literal white supremacist.

Its possible I misread him. I just know Rovert has gone to bat for Lars MANY times, and as far as I'm concerned there's no defense left. You don't nazi dogwhistle after your history of klansmanship is discovered if you've changed, not even to Work The Smarks or whatever. Any decent person would know better.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

forkboy84 posted:

Well yeah, that's sort of what I'm getting at, there's not been a hot champion in the WWE for a while.

Seth is a 'slow the bleeding,' champion, like a Bret or Shawn. At least thats always been my view. Things certainly seem modestly better under him than they did for a good while before.

I still hope Bray destroys him though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Another place to get good food in Japan is literally everywhere, because they have really loving delicious food everywhere.

God yes, I miss the food in Japan so much. Little mom-and-pop restaurants on every corner, hand-made lunches made fresh every day on insane discounts after 5pm at the grocery stores, fast food as good as a chain restaurant meal for as cheap as a burger...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ganso Bomb posted:

Randy Orton is continuing to tweet good tweets this month. I have not looked deeper to find the bad tweets.

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1269848440701423616?s=20

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1270110353549131778?s=20

THE VIPER STRIKES

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Von Linus posted:

Chris Jericho can gently caress off. His final gimmick reinvention as a complete arsehole.

I was almost willing to forget him loving platforming Trump Jr. to shill his book, but he just can't loving help himself. God damnit. First Undertaker then Ciampa and now Jericho. I'm really sick of wrestlers I love outing themselves as loving nazis.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I wish I lived anywhere other than Arizona so that I could not despise Hangman's Cowboy Aesthetic. Its just so hard when you live in Chud Pretend Cowboy Land to not be triggered by it...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Considering that Lana made an "I AM NOT THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK, I AM YOUR SCAPEGOAT" tweet, it seems like she is ALSO blaming Meltzer for daring to report a fact as presented to him by his sources instead of the psychopath boss who victimized her and all her co-workers. A fact that I sure as hell would want to know and would be outraged to learn by the way.

If Lana is catching crap from the internet trash, that sucks, and arguably there was a better way Dave could have tossed out that particular little curio about the larger story than as an obviously minimal-thought forum post, but coordinating an attack on the REPORTER and thereby buttressing the loving criminals is a pretty lovely thing for Lana and Rusev to do.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

If the metaphorical straw had been AJ and Covid I'm sure Metlzer would have done the exact same thing with the morsel and this wouldn't even be an issue.

There's merit to some degree of condemnation of Metlzer because he SHOULD have been aware that the person being a woman would matter for the public reaction, but at the end of the day it was reported as a fact which adds relevant context to a really important news story of WWE Corporate Fuckery, the exposure of which is an objective good and exactly what journalism is for.

Blaming the reporter instead of the perpetrator and/or the harassers and attempting to damage the reporter's credibility, which is what Miroslav and Lana and now Ryback are doing, is both absurd and self-destructive.

All that said, Criticizing how the reporter handled the reporting on the other hand is entirely reasonable. For example: He could have made the information more anonymous (although that would have made the story easier to muddy or deny, so there's a tradeoff there), he could have attempted to coordinate with Lana in releasing the information (although that carries risks, especially now that we've seen how she's reacting after the fact), he could have just left the detail out entirely because the story didn't necessarily need it (although the exact nature of the thing that tipped the scales for WWE IS valuable information in the story both for the public record and the workers who are being victimized by this policy). There's room for Metlzer to have been in the wrong here to some degree, and how he handled it merits scrutiny. But that doesn't make the reaction to what he did do from any of those three reasonable.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Boy would I have been a lot more excited about this two days ago before he made an rear end out of himself

Pylons posted:

lol Lana tweeted about Miro and immediately took it down.

lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Lol at what I presume is a chud getting Good Vibes because he's seeing Nancy Pelosi get yelled at by a celebrity and didn't even read the rest of it.

edit: Woops, didn't read the dates. Still lol though. "Thank god you're not condoning riots!"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

People want to believe that Triple H will make WWE better because WWE is important to them and they don't want it to be unsalvagable, especially when the message every single shoot interview even unto this very month pounds into their heads it "EVERYTHING BAD IS VINCE AND VINCE ALONE." When that's the message its easy to make up excuses in your head like "Triple H HAS to say they did a thorough investigation, but Vince is the one who made the call to keep pushing Velveteen/Riddle," no matter how big the holes in those excuses are.

I don't blame them for hoping that the red flags are red herrings and once Hunter has the actual power things will change overnight. Even I carry a tiny, withered torch for a day when WWE isn't horrible, and Triple H is unfortunately the only practical vector for that torch to continue existing for my foreseeable lifetime

Luckily the last few years have done enough damage to my love and enough alternatives have been made available to me that I can easily let go if the day comes and nothing gets better because he was exactly as bad as the red flags indicated.

(There's also the fact that NXT was really good for a long time and the decline in its quality was so much worse once Vince got involved in it its easy to forget it started faltering before that. Which makes it easier in general for people to ignore the bad signs.)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Clearly going to ROH to manage the Briscoe Bros for maximum irony

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are $1400 sweatpants really comfortable or are they the same as a $10 pair of sweatpants with $1390 of Disney bullshit printed on them

I suspect the latter but I’m not a Clothes Guy so maybe there’s more to it than nonsense?

Generally no. Like, if you want to spend a fortune and get custom fitted clothes I imagine they can be insanely comfy considering how nice a tailored suit feels, but I doubt you're getting 1000 bonus dollars of comfort or whatever.

That being said there is a psychological component of comfort in treating yourself to something you want, even if its objectively silly and useless. I sometimes buy Tabletop RPG rulebooks even though I don't have a group and most likely won't for the forseeable future just because it makes me happy to have them.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Must be nice to have looted one of the largest and wealthiest nations on the planet.

...ok, 'nice,' is the wrong word, but you know.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TWEET.

OF.

THE.

YEAR.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

That's so loving weird, it looks like one of those edits where somebody put adult Dave's face onto a kid's body.

Deep Reals

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Cody's Star Wars Opinions are a mixed bag with the top being undisputable but several near the bottom being clear mistakes.

So its basically his in-ring career.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I mean, the guy posted "based Dave," in response to him shooting a big broadside at the GOP and Marje, so he clearly approved. Seems like a miscommunication across the board here.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I dunno about that. I mean, she's french......

You mean America's first and greatest ally?! :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Look at these fools who don't understand the freakish Amazonian monstrosity of any Japanese woman over 170cm. Go watch an anime you FOOLS