Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GreenLanternFan posted:

I've met many friends through wrestling and I've met many people in wrestling that I'm proud to call friends. Teddy Hart is one of them

Welp, you can all stop reading there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Why am I actually excited for the idea of Billy Gunn vs. Sami Zayn?

Because at least one half of the equation involves Sami Zayn :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

people think he's alive again.

I want to believe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Perigryn posted:

Someone's a fan of Bray Wyatt

This is such a huge compliment to Wyatt, wow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

njsykora posted:

Late Night Dave is something else.

He's also having a good ol' time at the moment cracking jokes at HHH's expense:

Meltzer: Wait a minute when you follow a match like that, aren't you supposed to not be able to get the crowd into it.Or is that only for HHH bouts.
Meltzer: Just kidding, HHH really is an all-time great.
WrestlingFan: HHH is an all time great. One of the best storytellers and in-ring technicians.
Meltzer: He's absolutely great at knowing when to do what. Except if he's facing Bill Goldberg.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Havoc904 posted:

This was all after initially appearing as a face that wanted Stephanie to have sex with him to sign on Smackdown.

I want to stress this, because it's very, very important. This is how the storyline went, literally without any exaggeration on my part:

- Steiner's "price" for being signed to Smackdown was that he would get to have sex with Stephanie
- Stephanie happily agreed to whore herself out to get Steiner on Smackdown
- Steiner then declared that he wanted to have sex with her in the ring on live television RIGHT NOW
- Stephanie blanched at the idea but assured Steiner she would be happy to sell her body to him in private in order to sign him to Smackdown
- Steiner, offended that Stephanie wasn't down with being hosed in front of a crowd of 15000 people and 4-5 million viewers in America (and tens of millions worldwide), decided to go to Raw instead
- Steiner was a Face

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

But in the end I think the biggest ration of blame for the angle having issues is that Scott Steiner's persona doesn't translate very well to being a Face.

This is very accurate. Guy should have been a heel from the start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

The Scott Steiner/HHH feud was one of my favorite wrestling things ever. Arm wrestling, pose downs, attempted prostitution, bench pressing (sadly, cancelled), and incredible Steiner promos. The only bad thing was the wrestling and the fact that HHH of course went over.

It's easy to forget since Steiner looked so awful in the Rumble match, but be actually "won" the match when Triple H panicked and got himself deliberately disqualified.

Getting back on track:

Dave Meltzer posted:

Somebody in New Japan needs to call @JRsBBQ I can't even imagine how awesome Okada vs Goto or Ishii vs. Naito would be with him calling.

While I'd love to see it too, it's pretty funny to see a guy like Meltzer posting the same type of thing you'd likely see any pro-wrestling fan post online.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I imagine at this stage in his life, JR wouldn't be too keen on the idea of living in (or even traveling once a month to) Japan and getting to grips with an entirely new stable of wrestlers, and having to tell stories about them in the ring based on secondhand translations, not to mention working out the correct pronunciation of their names.

I don't doubt he could call one hell of a match, but it is such a far out there concept that it might as well be fantasy booking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback's a hack.

I'm pretty sure Ryback accepts the credit for all of his tweets.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Occupy Japan posted:

Kinda off topic, but why did WWE hate Ryder and bury him so much? Was it as simple as him taking the initiative to get himself over in a non-WWE controlled way via his Youtube show?

Apparently (and I'm basing this on third hand accounts AT BEST!) for all his griping about having something to offer and not getting any chances, he never once actually approached anyone backstage with ideas or questions or suggestions, and just meekly did whatever he was told to do without question. On those few times where WWE did give him time/opportunities he would fail to deliver, though to be fair they also spent lots of time making him look as idiotic as possible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Meanwhile, in less nerdy news:

I'm so happy that BIG E maintains good relations with his mom and dad despite the breakup :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kevin Steen knows what's up :c00lbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Does Ryback have bigger traps than Chaplin?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

BIG TRAPS
UNLIKE CHAPS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yep yep yep, that he do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Based on that image, are we sure that Axel isn't Paul Heyman's kid and not Curt Hennig's?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mkay0 posted:

False. He has sucked rear end until his recent emergence as God of Twitter.

I remember somebody posting stuff he used to do as Skip Sheffield back during the early NXT days (before the Nexus Invasion) and while he remained in his goofy persona he demonstrated a similar kind of wit. In particular I remember one about him being on a plane and some dude was going nuts and needed to be physically restrained and people kept looking at Skip hoping he would get up and do something since he was so big, and he just didn't give a gently caress and was chilling out in his seat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love you, Scott Hall :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JR lost a number of potential ticket sales when he confirmed that he wouldn't be appearing semi-nude at the House of Blues for his New Orleans shows :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

weekly font posted:

Cool to see the Malaysian government is offering free planes to people who need planes.

They took away my old plane :mad:

I mean sure, it was actually a cinderblock with cardboard wings taped to the sides, but they said I could keep it! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Reminds me of the story about Usain Bolt at the Chinese Olypmics only eating McDonalds the entire time he was there cause he wanted to be sure he didn't catch food poisoning.

To be fair, if he'd had food poisoning he might have only just barely beaten everybody with terrifying ease.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Oh Hulk, you are a terrible, lying poo poo.

Maybe Hogan got upset because there weren't any liquor stores nearby and he was subconsciously expecting Andre to pitch an empty at his head :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

....it's New Orleans. The town is 80% liquor store by volume.

e: Oh hey there was a next page :doh:

New Orleans really isn't a party town, though every year they like to throw something small.... Marty's something?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Also, here are the top 10 keywords hitting Wrestling With Text (my site):

Well maybe if you'd stop posting nude pictures of AJ Styles you wouldn't have to worry about this :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

What the gently caress goes through Hayes mind when he puts that poo poo on? Cuz he wears that poo poo every year. Does he think its unique and he's just able to pull it off? Is it to shock and show he's just too cool to follow normal dressing attire rules? gently caress it looks bad. What a loving idiot.

I think he still thinks he looks like this:

You can get away with pretty outrageous fashion when you're young, tall, and lean, but not so much when you're old and fat*. Imagine Shinsuke Nakamura in 20 years and 200 pounds still wearing the same stuff he does now.

* Though to be fair, when you're old and fat you probably literally don't give a gently caress and you're gonna do what you want anyway and to hell with what anybody else has to say.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Angular Landbury posted:

Daniel Bryan doesn't do flips though.

:colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm still surprised how some people can see how Jake and Scott were not too long ago and say that DDP is just using them.

Even if he was just cynically using them with absolutely no other interest other than making a buck out of them, he'd still deserve credit because what he has done is a miracle and Jake and Scott are both in a tremendously better place because of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Solomonic posted:

roman reigns' blood is on your hands, jimmy

He still cares :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JR whyyyyyyy :cripes:

MassRafTer posted:

Moose was right.

Reggie was after Midge all along! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Isn't Kofi really popular with kid fans?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

My GF likes Kofi, but wants to know why he stopped being Jamaican/

It was causing Mike Adamle to have psychotic episodes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I choose to believe he has a plan to dump those on the Bullet Club at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

What the gently caress even is Vince McMahon?

One of God's prototypes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Regrettable posted:

But do they use the same logo from the one in Revenge of the Nerds?

They want to be associated with sex criminals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Who wouldn't?

reDRagon made their own comic!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

A master troll.

Oh yeah didn't the leader of the Lambdas get the jock's girlfriend by raping her or something

That's misleading, dude.

He filmed her naked without her knowledge, sold naked pictures of her to hundreds of other students, THEN he raped her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Behold! The angry drunkard!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Swagger was an All American nearly 10 years ago and hasn't competed in competitive wrestling since college. Del Rio represented Mexico internationally and fought MMA four years ago. Saying Swagger would definitely wipe the floor with him is silly, we have no clue what would happen.

Zeb would grab the sides of his head and then throw his hands up in the air in frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

derriere demons posted:

I wonder how much cena gets from all that merch.

Whatever you think it is, it's probably more.